UPH........

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Chris its too much pressure from the HF, the pump up will be 30-60 psi. I will say I haven't tried it though.

You feeling dangerous Chris? Try it.

"Go ahead may my day!" :winky:

Gotta go to Lowes fur some QC's

Thinking hard about it! Paint gun : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
As with the rest of my operation, I'll happily buy/use a tool that makes my life easier not more complicated.
I do have the 3M electrical sprayer and it works well. I did find (just like my 175 floor machine) that most of the time it is more hassle than it's worth. I still use it on large upholstery cleaning jobs.
A good trigger sprayer works well, you mix the solution fresh and it is just about the right amount for a sofa or two.

Just need to find a good trigger head that lasts and can mist well.
Tried these from Jon Don- http://www.jondon.com/trigger-sprayer-heavy-duty.html and they don't hold up.
Anybody has a good experience with a regular spray bottle trigger mechanism that is durable and mists well?
Links?

Last edited:

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I use a hand held pump up from Sherwin Williams for tile sealing that has lasted me a long time. I've had it for 2-3 years and sealed thousands of square feet with it. Lots of new showers and a bunch of 1000 sf type of new tile jobs. My wife does the tile sealing and loves this thing.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
As with the rest of my operation, I'll happily buy/use a tool that makes my life easier not more complicated.
I do have the 3M electrical sprayer and it works well. I did find (just like my 175 floor machine) that most of the time it is more hassle than it's worth. I still use it on large upholstery cleaning jobs.
A good trigger sprayer works well, you mix the solution fresh and it is just about the right amount for a sofa or two.

Just need to find a good trigger head that lasts and can mist well.
Tried these from Jon Don- http://www.jondon.com/trigger-sprayer-heavy-duty.html and they don't hold up.
Anybody has a good experience with a regular spray bottle trigger mechanism that is durable and mists well?
Links?

Lowes I buy the yellow heads.
Throw alot away too!

Save your water/soda bottle lids n they fit the bottles.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Here are the hand held pump up sprayers we like best.

They are made by Chapin.

I have seen them also with a Turquoise head on them.

2014-03-26115517_zpsd54bad41.jpg

2014-03-26115532_zpsa93e9cf7.jpg[/URL

These come in handy for smaller jobs or other types of applications.]

Most of the time, we have been using 2 gallon stainless pump up pressure sprayers for our upholstery spraying. Butler sells them. They are expensive but last the longest for us.

[url]http://www.butlersystem.com/store/2gallon-stainless-steel-sprayers-p-231.html?osCsid=7628c4bf01fc6e68a4ff2501115a1fee

Here is the side of the box with the model number....I think it is 1739. Will look at the box again tomorrow and correct if wrong.

2014-01-20153249_zps9e70d3af.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
swung by ace hardware and picked one up....

worked real good....nice spray pattern to it....we will see how long it holds up...

Thanks Mark.........

P3270134_zps2a9ff58f.jpg

Reactions: RDS and Mark Saiger

hogjowl

Idiot™
what is everyone using to apply the pre-spray to UPH....

I like to you the Hydroforce hand sprayer....

CRWAS05_zps6c898224.jpg

but if you can get a month out of one of these your lucky......I always rinse them out when I am done..even if I have to waste pre-spray..they are always clean...

Is there a better one out there...............????????????

I use the only thing a true professional should use. A Multi-sprayer with a 50015 spray tip.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
swung by ace hardware and picked one up....

worked real good....nice spray pattern to it....we will see how long it holds up...

Thanks Mark.........

P3270134_zps2a9ff58f.jpg

We really like the spray pattern too.

Will be curious how long they last for you too.

I have some over 2 years old on the van right now and still work....and we never rinse them out.

Mark

Mikey P

Administrator
I like these a lot but had a new one fail recently (juice coming out the slot on the top) and I don't like that you can shorten the spray tube anymore. It's too easy to bust at full length.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
go to ace hardware in the garden dept they sell red ones for 10 bucks they last a good while

Reactions: RDS

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Gotta go to Lowes fur some QC's

Thinking hard about it! Paint gun : )

Like this guys

Anyone ever tried it?

u4esy5ys.jpg

yry2y6e8.jpg

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Yea maybe smaller jet and reduce your pressure or have an inline pressure reducer...if there is such an animal. ??

Lemme ZOOM it fur ya, an put your glasses on.

Come close Doc, lean up a lil n click play again : )

8ejujata.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Steve Lawrence
Battery Multi Sprayer now has switchable spray wands, one which is ideal for furniture pre spray. Also the long coiled up delivery hose allows you to leave the Sprayer in one spot while you walk around and spray your entire sofa.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Battery Multi Sprayer now has switchable spray wands, one which is ideal for furniture pre spray. Also the long coiled up delivery hose allows you to leave the Sprayer in one spot while you walk around and spray your entire sofa.

For those of us that use the HF Sprayers,

I don wanna buy another piece of equipment, especially one that plugs into electricity while I am playing with liquids.

So why not make the same attachments for the HF is what I see in it : )

Next comes being able to turn the pressure down before the HF itself, instead of having to do it at the truck. A gauge would be at risk, an inline gauge would be cost prohibitive I'd imagine., All in the name of ease of use plus more control.

Anyone wanna do the math and figure out what Ratio the sprayed dilution comes out at? lol

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree Chris but I think on upholstery you won't have as much control with the pressure from a HF.

I believe you'd be better off with a smaller gun type jet attached to a pump up if you're looking at expense.

Most cleaners have a sprayer for applying protectants and antimicrobials have a quick disconnect that you can pop on the upholstery jet and share the sprayer. (although we prefer dedicated sprayers, proctectant, precondition, antimicrobials)

I suppose it depends a lot on the type of upholstery you clean but on finer fabrics that extra burst of chems could cause you problems.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have an electric multi sprayer that I don't use and I tried it....way to much over spray for my liking and over wetting....same with my big boss sprayer...

I want something that is easy to control and not big to be hauling in all the time...I get UPH that is on hard wood and tile and I have to lay out tarps...

I dont want the over spray and the tarps soaking wet......I am really liking the control and the spray pattern of the one I got that is like Marks......

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm old Jim, I hate pumping that sprayer and inconsistency in spray. I agree with your assessment of the Multisprayer, for upholstery a little too big ab bulky unless you are cleaning in bulk quantities. But the Spray1 is nice and small and without the hassle of pumping. :winky:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I agree Chris but I think on upholstery you won't have as much control with the pressure from a HF.

I believe you'd be better off with a smaller gun type jet attached to a pump up if you're looking at expense.

Most cleaners have a sprayer for applying protectants and antimicrobials have a quick disconnect that you can pop on the upholstery jet and share the sprayer. (although we prefer dedicated sprayers, proctectant, precondition, antimicrobials)

I suppose it depends a lot on the type of upholstery you clean but on finer fabrics that extra burst of chems could cause you problems.

I drain em back into the containers if I switch blocks, all independent jugs for the different projects we get into.

It was the Jet that did the trick. When I went to the wand w a Red Jet off the pump up onto the HF at Extremely Low pressue. It was the Shnizzle Bomb.
Then I broke the valve cap cuz it was leaking : (

Back
Top Bottom