urine removal for oriental rugs

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Oh my! Tom uses words like Micelle........encapsulation .............NANOTECHNOLOGY..................in some of his product descriptions.

HERE WE GO WITH MORE BS MARKETING!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Oh my! Tom uses words like Micelle........encapsulation .............NANOTECHNOLOGY..................in some of his product descriptions.

HERE WE GO WITH MORE BS MARKETING!
Micelles, your cells, what's the difference. It's not nanotechnology, it's nana-technology. If you can't get it clean, your Nana will do it for you.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
This technology has been around for awhile now for cleaning agents. Albeit, some advertisers call it "New Technology" and rightly so. Some consumers still haven't heard about it. It is more expensive to produce. However, for some it appears to be nonsense. Here is one explanation that articulates it well in my opinion: "Colloidal micelles are so small (0.000,000,001 cm) that they can only be observed with a powerful electron microscope. The micelles range in size between one and four nanometers, roughly the size of ten hydrogen atoms or 1/80,000 the width of a human hair. The heart of this new chemistry is the technology to create the “colloidal micelle”. Colloidal chemistry is the new technology that makes possible the conversion of plant extracts into powerful, yet surprisingly mild, solutions that dissolve oil, grease, scum, stain and other hydrocarbons."

U-Turn and Knock Out, which are Centrum Force products, utilize this technology in the blending formulations in each respective target specific product. Our products have been out there for about 10 years now. They have received the Wool Safe® Approval Certification.

T

toony tosh

1. Warm Water. The safest method you can use when a pet urinates or vomits on your Oriental rug is to remove the material with a towel and warm water. ...
  2. Warm Water + White Vinegar. ...
  3. Professional Cleaning.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
But Tom centrum is $132 a gallon!

And contains coconut oil.
How is a carpet cleaner going to use that without leaving it sticky when some flood urine stains.....................in carpet?

Like Damon

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
But Tom centrum is $132 a gallon!

And contains coconut oil.
How is a carpet cleaner going to use that without leaving it sticky when some flood urine stains.....................in carpet?

Like Damon
Tom's Centrumforce U-Turn mixes at 1oz per gallon and has a 10 minute dwell time. Super efficient and cost effective. Don't get hung up on the price per gallon.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Tom's Centrumforce U-Turn mixes at 1oz per gallon and has a 10 minute dwell time. Super efficient and cost effective. Don't get hung up on the price per gallon.

Mine has nano things that nano stuff. I imagine teeny tiny scissors snipping all the icky bits off the fiber, but somehow it works pretty dadgum well.

Reactions: Nomad74

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Some guys continue to humor me. Having said that, please indulge me with the following:

Firstly, U-Turn is a blend of a number of botanicals. They produce a enzymatic chain reaction to target urine residue and attack the molecular make-up of it. Thus, the source of the mercaptans are disrupted and ready to be flushed. No residue and no smell is the result. Safe to use around humans and structures.

Secondly, the dilution ratio for U-Turn is one (or, two) ounces concentrate per gallon of water. This mixture makes ready-to-use product that generally works relatively fast. If used on rugs, allow 30 minutes minimum dwell time, with a complete saturation, to achieve optimum results. Longer is fine too. In summary: One Gallon of concentrate makes 128 gallons of ready to use product. About a $1 and small change per gallon or $2 or so a gallon if you make it strong.

Thirdly, U-Turn is Woolsafe® approved.

Yes it works on rugs with full wash techniques. Lots of rug plants use it effectively to save time.

Yes it works on wall to wall carpet to manage odor if not in some cases eliminating it. However, in this case you are limited to getting to the source from working from the top. No guarantees.

bill luke

what about the dead sea minerals,i asked the guy and he was adamant he would not sell me any.maybe we should all send him a request.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Damon there ya go.......it's for rugs .....not carpet.
Temp odor removal at best on carpet.

KOKOnutt oil would be hard to rinse out and probably (Prolly) resoil.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Damon there ya go.......it's for rugs .....not carpet.
Temp odor removal at best on carpet.

KOKOnutt oil would be hard to rinse out and probably (Prolly) resoil.

As I have stated, you may use it on all textiles including carpets. Getting to source is harder on wall to wall carpet. Yet, having said that, we have had astounding success. Just know there are limitations. U-Turn rinses out easy. Beware of baseless remarks.

Reactions: Cleanworks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Basic chemistry
Acid neutralizes urine salts and makes for easy flushing

Enzymes (with dwell time wasted) breaks down bacteria, yet urine salts remain, leaving behind odor and stain.

Why are you making this complicated with these enzyme type treatments? Is it cheaper to make than the acid treatments?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Enzyme treatments have the best advantage on septic tanks, where the bacteria is still in acid form, not carpet where it's dried and has a ph of 12 or over.

Reality, you're just covering up or masking the odor, you're not removing it.

Alkaline treatment does not and will not remove Alkaline soil. I've tried it and even used the treatment full strength in an attempt to remove it. Callbacks piss me off when I use a product properly and it not work. It makes us look like idiots.

Go back to your basic teachings on how to remove urine from wool. Treat with wool safe Acid that has a ph of around 3 and you'll have a much better chance of getting a satisfied client.

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
We use U-Turn on all of our contaminated rugs and Guarantee complete odor removal on all hand knotted rugs that we can completely submerge. Usually a few hours dwell time and then wash in our Centrum wash tub. On severely contaminated we will rinse first in a Centrifuge with a lot of water and acidic acid, then soak overnight with U-Turn.

On tufted and machine made rugs with a secondary backing we can still remove the odor 97% of the time, so we only guarantee complete odor removal on a case by case basis.
And we sometimes use OSR on synthetic rugs with secondary backings, it will remove the stain and odor from the front and back.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
This technology has been around for awhile now for cleaning agents. Albeit, some advertisers call it "New Technology" and rightly so. Some consumers still haven't heard about it. It is more expensive to produce. However, for some it appears to be nonsense. Here is one explanation that articulates it well in my opinion: "Colloidal micelles are so small (0.000,000,001 cm) that they can only be observed with a powerful electron microscope. The micelles range in size between one and four nanometers, roughly the size of ten hydrogen atoms or 1/80,000 the width of a human hair. The heart of this new chemistry is the technology to create the “colloidal micelle”. Colloidal chemistry is the new technology that makes possible the conversion of plant extracts into powerful, yet surprisingly mild, solutions that dissolve oil, grease, scum, stain and other hydrocarbons."

U-Turn and Knock Out, which are Centrum Force products, utilize this technology in the blending formulations in each respective target specific product. Our products have been out there for about 10 years now. They have received the Wool Safe® Approval Certification.

Wish it was available in Australia Tom. :frown:

:yoda:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We use U-Turn on all of our contaminated rugs and Guarantee complete odor removal on all hand knotted rugs that we can completely submerge. Usually a few hours dwell time and then wash in our Centrum wash tub. On severely contaminated we will rinse first in a Centrifuge with a lot of water and acidic acid, then soak overnight with U-Turn.

On tufted and machine made rugs with a secondary backing we can still remove the odor 97% of the time, so we only guarantee complete odor removal on a case by case basis.
And we sometimes use OSR on synthetic rugs with secondary backings, it will remove the stain and odor from the front and back.
Do you put rugs with a secondary backing in the wash tub or centrifuge?

TimBaker

Name
Tim Baker
What if I have allergy to heavy chemicals but rug cleaning with soda, coconut oil, etc does not help? The carpet that I am trying to clean is very old and the smell is quite resistant, I am pretty sure that it is necessary to use heavy chemical cleaners.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
What if I have allergy to heavy chemicals but rug cleaning with soda, coconut oil, etc does not help? The carpet that I am trying to clean is very old and the smell is quite resistant, I am pretty sure that it is necessary to use heavy chemical cleaners.
what are "heavy chemical cleaners"?

send it to a "professional" none I know of would use soda or coconut oil, water flushing would be more effective

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Can you bring the rug up to our Hands-On Training Center in Orlando? Our Hands-On rug washing class is May 14th - May 16th. We will be washing rugs with urine contamination and odor. Students can bring rugs with issues that want to learn to address.

Here is our national schedule. Enter rugs in the search box to see the rug classes - https://www.cvent.com/c/calendar/ab53c6cb-fee0-44a6-a384-c51a2a4b32c0

Reactions: Donwand

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom