Used setup refresh

Name
Austin Willoughby
Got the floors put in just working on walls then I'll put the rubber matting down and paint walls.

20230828_173141.jpg

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Austin Willoughby
Decided on foam with foil for a cheap insulation to just add a little r value. Walls are done, now to paint put rubber matting in and put everything back in

20230829_135329.jpg 20230829_143137.jpg

Name
Nate W.
Actually funny enough his blueline rig and van he bought from me and some of the things I did before he bought it I believe is still there so very good chance there will be some similarities. Marty’s a jackass.
I want to know what you originally wrote

Don’t shoot the messenger.. :lol: I saw it before the edit..

Name
Austin Willoughby
So wanted to do a grey color wall and picked up can of oil based aluminum thinking it was gonna be the tint of aluminum not actually shiny 🙄🙄. So I believe I'll pick up a flat gray color paint for the final coat to mellow it out some. What yall think?

20230831_163628.jpg

Reactions: Nate The Great
Name
Austin Willoughby
Alright so I'm about 95 percent done. Everything is hooked back up bolted down and repositioned where I like it. I added a fresh water tank that I had from my old setup. It still needs to be plumbed. I decided to use all stainless steel bolts bc I won't them to outlast the setup lol. This I swere I usually stop and never get back to it lmao but I still need to install roof setup for wand storage above hose reels. Machine runs like new also. What yall think for an old beat up setup?

20230911_125448.jpg 20230911_125452.jpg 20230911_125507.jpg 20230911_125512.jpg 20230911_125530.jpg

Name
Austin Willoughby
And yes ik there's a couple items like the filter box I need to do touch-up paint on and I still need to put my covers back on machine. I'm gonna run it with covers off for a bit to make sure I have no other issues

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Nate W.
She's a beaut, Clark!

Good job on the redo.. I use the rear exit as well for the vac hose, but I did work with a friend who did a side exit.. He carried 165 gallon over over the axle for weight distribution which left the rear more open for tools.. Just a thought, I don't carry water but I do have propane heat..

Reactions: Austin Willoughby
Name
Austin Willoughby
She's a beaut, Clark!

Good job on the redo.. I use the rear exit as well for the vac hose, but I did work with a friend who did a side exit.. He carried 165 gallon over over the axle for weight distribution which left the rear more open for tools.. Just a thought, I don't carry water but I do have propane heat..
Thanks man! I was able to make plenty of a room for storage in between hoses and machine. I'm little irritated though that I can't fit my portable between chem shelf and hose reel. I thought for sure I'd have just enough clearance but I was off by like 2in 🙄🙄🙄

20230911_145106.jpg 20230911_145118.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Austin Willoughby
Well I guess it's almost ready for some glood damage. Just need a pump out and oh btw it shut off bc the waste tank fill up already

Attachments

• 20230911_174515.mp4
    57.8 MB
Name
Austin Willoughby
If you guys are still following this I've been trying to decide how I want to mount stuff on the roof so after a month of trying to figure it out I came across a post on the *** Facebook page of a guy who used a rail system and I thought it was awesome. Now his was a lot more expensive and slighter nicer setup but I was able to pull it off and it works good.

This is an all aluminum setup so it won't rust. If you guys won't the parts list let me know and I'll post them up

20231017_175351.jpg 20231017_175331.jpg 20231017_175307.jpg

Attachments

• 20231017_175148.mp4
    111.9 MB
Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
If you guys are still following this I've been trying to decide how I want to mount stuff on the roof so after a month of trying to figure it out I came across a post on the *** Facebook page of a guy who used a rail system and I thought it was awesome. Now his was a lot more expensive and slighter nicer setup but I was able to pull it off and it works good.

This is an all aluminum setup so it won't rust. If you guys won't the parts list let me know and I'll post them up

View attachment 124891 View attachment 124892 View attachment 124893

Everything looks clean and neat.

I have one concern:

There doesn’t appear to be anything between the wand and the driver/passenger region of the van. A sudden stop caused by a front end collision might propel the wand into the passenger area and possible into the head of someone.

I am personally aware of two deaths due to this sort of installation.

Even though they may make maintenance difficult, a safety barrier behind the seats would be a good idea.

I don’t want to know of three fatalities Austin

Name
Austin Willoughby
Everything looks clean and neat.

I have one concern:

There doesn’t appear to be anything between the wand and the driver/passenger region of the van. A sudden stop caused by a front end collision might propel the wand into the passenger area and possible into the head of someone.

I am personally aware of two deaths due to this sort of installation.

Even though they may make maintenance difficult, a safety barrier behind the seats would be a good idea.

I don’t want to know of three fatalities Austin
Yea ik that's why I stated in the video it's not finalized. I'm getting a divider this weekend actually. I've had my eye out for used ones for a but now

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Yea ik that's why I stated in the video it's not finalized. I'm getting a divider this weekend actually. I've had my eye out for used ones for a but now

OK, I should have caught that.

I know I reached "Old Guy" status years ago, and catch myself acting like the old man yelling at the kids to "watch out, you'll put someone's eye out with that thing!"

Still, few things are as heartbreaking for me as talking to carpet cleaners' widows....

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product Austin!

Last edited:
Name
Austin Willoughby
OK, I should have caught that.

I know I reached "Old Guy" status years ago, and catch myself acting like the old man yelling at the kids to "watch out, you'll put someone's eye out with that thing!"

Still, few things are as heartbreaking for me as talking to carpet cleaners' widows....

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product Austin!
Haha you're all good. Still best you point it out it bc like you said someone losing their life over something that silly is terrible. I'd hate for someone to take my post and follow it verbatim and get hurt. Thanks for reiterating that safety side incase anyone following missed it.

It's coming along for sure and it's nice to finally get close to the finish line.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom