Using Enzyme presprays with a Hydroforce/heat

Mikey P

Administrator
I got my Chemspec Prekleen and Enzall samples in the mail. It's been so long since I used PreKleen Id like to refresh my memory on the correct way to heat it up and put it down so I get the most from the enzymes.

Prekleen label

20130208_071509_zps4d7b87c7.jpg

Enzall label

20130208_071532_zpsd1239165.jpg

my question would be, is the water that I mix it with the concern or the water that flows through the Hydroforce the concern?

With only a 10º range to get it right I'm more than "concerned" that I'll be able to get a truckmount's heating system to produce water in that narrow range with out wasting time and water..

When I used Prekleen years ago I never worried about the heat much and got good results but I was nowhere near as anal about this stuff as I am now..

FredC

Village Idiot
This is America...we don't use that commie celsius stuff...so relax...you have a 30º range to get it right

oops...only read the enzall label

edit:actually prekleen shows the same range on chemspec site

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoody

spotman123

Name
Wayne foster
I would think it is the water thru your HF is the concern IMO. Kleenrite Klenz is supposed to be an enzyme pre spray that can be applied with a HF at up to 230F.

Kernm1229

Hi, Mike. Mike Kerner here. You ask a very good question about enzymes. I'll try to be uncharacteristically brief:

1. From one perspective warmer is better. Of course for powdered products such as you describe above, warmer water simply helps with fast, complete solubility. Also enzymes work better at warmer temperatures. It is roughly a linear relationship such that 125 F works a bit better than 120 F and so forth. There is no one temperature so low that the enzyme gets mad and says, "I won't do my job at all." :)

2. The opposite site of the coin is a bit more important. Enzymes can undergo what is called "denaturation". This is a proces in which the molecular structure of the enzyme gets permanently changed so that it doesn't work anymore. When you fry an egg, for example, you denature the protein in that egg. This temperature is a bit more specific and varies from enzyme to enzyme. If you denature the enzyme you wreck it.

so bottom line: if you err, err on the cooler side of the temp range.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
hit my head

Back to the Ol Pump up you go!

Last edited:
Name
BradFenstermaker
Whale Mike what temps did he r.un while using the PREKEEN? I used that stuff for years, you probably got me going on it back in the day. HaHa Other TLC for less that work a good.

Maybe I should try it again

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I usually mix mine off the truck if you have A little hose I wait tell my machine hits 150 then fill my jug. Also if its hotter the that ill raise the flow so it hit the air and cools a bit the enzymes are great but the other stuff packed in works great too.

Enzall is a lot hotter then prekleem ph wise you can use pk on anything, I use enzall on tile some times and pet stained carpets. Add some kill odor plus to the enzall mix works great.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

With the Inline Sprayer . . .

The hot solution line water is mixed with the enzyme and then immediately sprayed on the carpet.

The temperature drops at least 30°F just from hitting the cooler air and carpet fiber.

Don't worry about it.

Or you could use a well-formulated powder with . . .

a more hardy Enzyme,

Oxidizer &

Citrus-Solv . :icon_rolleyes:

http://www4.cobbcarpet.com/zen/inde...0684115677388c11612bc4424577&keyword=powermax

Larry

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I use Enzall on pet nasty jobs. I mix it at around 130° and it seems to work just fine. I don't run it through a HF I just pour it on the piss stains/area.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
there's lots of good and very good pre-sprays on the market (most of 'em are)
Enzall is one of great ones ...right there with Prochem's Powerburst and DSC's Relief

..L.T.A.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom