Using Liquid Hydrogen Peroxide for stains

Name
Ezra Clark
Do you use liquid peroxide for everyday stains, if not what is in your everyday go to spay bottle for stains?

Ezra

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
CTI Stain One. Bristor's White Knight (peroxide & amonia) system looks interesting.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
peroxide(spiked) is normally for organic stains with color.

Red, blue, green, yellow etc...

Most of the stains I come across are colors, so reducer and oxidizer are #1 & 2. After that some type of citrus solvent.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
You have to consider the exact type of dye you are trying to remove:

Dynachem REDUCERS Works Besthttp://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/ind...ch_in_description=1&keyword=dye+stain+remover
Candy - Red Food Dye #40 Dynachem DC Dye Stain Remover
Cough Syrup - Red Food Dye #40 Dynachem DC Dye Stain Remover
Hair Dye
Hi-Liter - Yellow or Green
Kool-Aid Use Dynachem DC Dye Stain Remover

OXIDIZERS (peroxide & percarbonate) Work Best
Dynachem Powder Brightener & Liquid Brightener Link
Wine
Cough Syrup - Yellow Food Dye
Real Fruit Juice
Toilet Bowl Blue - Needs Accelerant UV light

Larry

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
has anyone here actually used a uv light to accelerate stain removal? I have cti's but I don't remember which bulb to use. It came with 3. It's too fragile to carry on the truck.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
KevinL said:
has anyone here actually used a uv light to accelerate stain removal? I have cti's but I don't remember which bulb to use. It came with 3. It's too fragile to carry on the truck.
DuPont actually did the first "disperse dye" stain removal using an oxidizer accelerated by a strong UV light.

We also used the process at a spotting contest in Wichita Falls last summer.

~18 Contestants tried to remove furniture polish, mustard and other difficult stains for donated cases of Chemspec products.

This is what the stained carpet looked like (furn.stain bottom right):
testcarpet.jpg

Here was a carpet cleaner using our UV light:
UVSpotting.jpg

Here the bottom two were the winners who removed every stain with little distortion:
SpotFinal.jpg

They both used the UV lights `5 min. to completely remove the dark furniture stain & mustard.

Larry

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have all the fancy stain removal products ... you know, the rust removers, stain magic and red relief, 20 volume hyd. perox., etc, etc.

But for everyday weird (unknown) spot removal, it is amazing how useful liquid Fels is.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Marty said:
I have all the fancy stain removal products ... you know, the rust removers, stain magic and red relief, 20 volume hyd. perox., etc, etc.

But for everyday weird (unknown) spot removal, it is amazing how useful liquid Fels is.

Where are you buying liquid fels?

Are you making it?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I scrap up a handful of the bar on a cheese grater and mix it with super hot water from my TM. Put it in a 16 oz. spray bottle and VIOLA!

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Marty said:
I scrap up a handful of the bar on a cheese grater and mix it with super hot water from my TM. Put it in a 16 oz. spray bottle and VIOLA!

And if you grate enough of it and let it cool it gels up and you have a nice gel spotter to work with.
Much easier that the pain in the ass bar IMO.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Edit of my last post. I don't actually put it in a spray bottle. I doubt it would spray very well. I put it in an old Hel-Gel bottle with a squirt top.

Mikey P

Administrator
A guy contacted me a few weeks back about having me try a "spotting bar" that sounded a lot like fels but had peroxide and enzymes in it as well.

He said it would be packaged in a deodorant type contain with a dial.

Said it was in the mail.

Never showed up.

Probably caused cancer when mistakenly used for BO...

hogjowl

Idiot™
I removed a red stain the other day using 20 volume and Fels. I didn't fool around with it any before putting the 20 volume on it, so it may have come out with just prespray, but it was old carpet, so I doubt it. Who knows?

Mikey P

Administrator
the 40 vol/Fels combo works were all others fail IMO (but still not the Silver Bullet)

well maybe a heat transfer may work, but I wont take the risk anymore as I've been bit too many times trying to be a hero.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Where do you purchase your vol. 40? Sally's?

I make laundry soap with Fels by grating it and it's a great stain pre-treat as well. Love that stuff.

amygeorge

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Yes, Sallys is about the only local place to find h2o2.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Amy .... don't go into Sally's asking for hydrogen peroxide. The teenybopper behind the counter will look at you like you have two heads. They call it a "developer".

Orbon

Larry Cobb said:
KevinL said:
DuPont actually did the first "disperse dye" stain removal using an oxidizer accelerated by a strong UV light.

We also used the process at a spotting contest in Wichita Falls last summer.

~18 Contestants tried to remove furniture polish, mustard and other difficult stains for donated cases of Chemspec products.

This is what the stained carpet looked like (furn.stain bottom right):
testcarpet.jpg

Here was a carpet cleaner using our UV light:
UVSpotting.jpg

Here the bottom two were the winners who removed every stain with little distortion:
SpotFinal.jpg

They both used the UV lights `5 min. to completely remove the dark furniture stain & mustard.

Larry

UV lights kills the inner hidden germs of carpet and make them fresh. Quiet effective method of carpet cleaning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom