using the cimex on a GREASY spoon...lots of pics

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
it is a seafood joint that i quoted about 6 months ago..i was too high so he kept getting it done by cheaper cleaners..it looked like crap, they had it wet for 2 days after the cleaning and it soiled back up in 2-3 days..he finally called.
i decided to bring the cimex along for the ride just to see what it did. i was ready to stick it but a few passes with the cimex and bam!!! it was awesome.
i went a little heavy with the Releasit ds..instead of mixing 4oz per gallon i was mixing 6 oz per gallon. super hot water and away we went..
excellent supply was great with the tips and were dead on with their info..
here are the pics
i will try to put them in a before and after order..

HPIM1489.jpg

HPIM1491.jpg

HPIM1495.jpg

HPIM1483.jpg

HPIM1484.jpg

HPIM1487.jpg

HPIM1490.jpg

HPIM1502.jpg

HPIM1496.jpg

HPIM1492.jpg

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
not in my pocket with the money..the owner asked how i was able to get it clean when 4 others had not even come 1/2 that close to denting it..
i told him it was a old Chinese secret and i would have to kill him if i told him...he laughed as he handed me my check..i will be doing it every 6 weeks, i will have to figure out when and how often i will stick it to give it a rinse out..

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
steve frasier said:
if it was wet for 2 days why did it take 3 days to resoil

i dont know..i am just quoting what the owner told me. he wanted it dry fast and not to re soil in a matter of a few days..

Mikey P

Administrator
I've been in that exact situation.

Some times it's best to just grind in the residues ti'll they replace.

Do us a fave and go back in a week and take more pics.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
actually i will be going back this weekend and at the end of next week..i will post up pics. if it resoils fast i will stick it at no charge just for my reputations sake..
i am hoping it doesn't but am ready if ti does..

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
wet for days???

what a bunch of hacks...

I dont care how hard you hit it, it should be dry be next days biz...

looks good...

Was it grease or just resoil from "other" dirts??

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i am pretty sure it was a lot of residue from the others..it was pretty black in areas but only a few times did it act like it was a solid surface..

the restaurant is 1280 sqft and it took us 2 hrs, but we moved all chairs and tables.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the owner asked how i was able to get it clean

I have a cimex and use it for the same type situations, not trying to argue but it isn't clean. The more and more I use my cimex the more I don't like it.

i am pretty sure it was a lot of residue from the others..
looks like olefin probably resoil reguardless, good tool to have but olefin is olefin

I just did a couple thousand sq ft dining hall with the cimex. I only had a 1.5 hour time frame to do it. Only way to do it was to cimex it.

looks nice Dave

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I hope you went back the next day to vacuum out the mythical "Crystals".

Just kidding and I agree with the others about the only way to skin the cat.

But there is always you have to pay the piper down the road when using that system.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i think if you are smart when quoting the job you will be covered when you have to stick it..example.
we do a large gym every 2 months, i cimex it for 403.00 and it takes 1.5 hrs...when i stick it i get 840.00 and it takes almost 4 hrs from set up to break down..they argue with me when it comes time to stick it but i am the first one that has been able to get the drink spills to not come back..the cimex on cgd is the bomb..

Reactions: Ecupirate69

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
cimex is the bomb. did you extract any areas? I have a cimex but have only used it a hand full of times never thought it would work in a restraunt. Did you pre spray any of the areas or just ran it through the machine

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Looks GooD!!!!

I just did a golden corral last night. But, the carpet was only I month old. Seemed like it took longer to vac and move booths than the encapping. They are going on a cleaning every month

Walt

Nice work.

It bet it doesn't resoil too bad. The company before you cleaned it numerous time and got most of the filth out, but left a nasty residue. Encap is awesome for that. I bet you have to stick it once every forth or fifth visit. Still use the cimex but scrub the prespray in and rinse. Quick post pad.

DavidVB

At Summerfest, Carey Mitchell from Shaw did his encap presentation. He claimed their samples showed no soil removal. Their concern was that large amounts of carpet would be damaged as a result of the process.

Several of us there saw some real problems with their testing, but what Shaw found was that after a HWE, the appearance level of the carpet was returned to the same level as a regularly extracted sample. His conclusion was that encap does no harm and is good for appearance management. There was no price to pay.

I have seen too many office buildings (not restaurants) maintained with encap for years with no extractions to give so little credit.

For Mr. Ladwig's benefit, I'm sure you all know what word to insert whenever I used the word encap. Call it whatever you want.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
no matter my encap juice, i ALWAYS use twice the amount recommended on the bottle, and i notice a big diff. it means less going over tough areas repeatedly, which saves me time. and it looks better.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
juniorc82 said:
cimex is the bomb. did you extract any areas? I have a cimex but have only used it a hand full of times never thought it would work in a restraunt. Did you pre spray any of the areas or just ran it through the machine

no extraction at all, no prespray or special spotting all 100% encap..

-JB-

Name
JB
Awww c'mon that encap stuff is just a buncha hoooey!

This too will pass... just like that "internet" thing everyone's blabbering about! :roll:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
But let's just call it what it is then David.

THE SHAMPOO METHOD.

-JB-

Name
JB
JL, you ever tried it?

or do you just have a hard time w/the "wher the fook did it go"-ness of it

TimP

dealtimeman said:
i really want to learn how to encap. how did you learn, did you take a class? or did you just go at it?

It's quite simple. You fill up your cimex tub with water, dump in 4-6 oz per gallon or whatever it says on the bottle of your cleaner (pixie dust). Turn on your cimex or scrubber. Push said scrubber with shower feed on just enough to get some suds. That's all there is to it....

Scrub it in and RUUUUUN RUN RUN.

I found this method doesn't do as well with impacted dirt or soil or clay. It's probably better with oils. I've never tried it in a restaurant to bash it or praise it.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
its very easy..call excellent supply and order your juice and machine..they will send you a dvd and answer any and all questions you have.
you can also you tube it and get a pretty good idea.
call me if you want and i will go over it with you on the phone in detail..
904-483-7307 dave cell

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Bugger it, so much clap trap about encap.

Open your mind people, (but not in my town).

Encap is a tool just everything else you use.

You would not use a 3" upholstery tool to clean 20,000 square feet of carpet on the 20th floor of an office building would you. ??

You would select the appropriate tools, equipment and solutions to do the best job.

When you use encap; you also determine the carpet type, soiling, drying conditions, access, what solution or several solutions, what type of pads or which brushes you are going to use.

Just like you would for any system.

It is not (as some may say) rocket science.

If you buy a Cimex, the supplier should give you a thorough training course with it.

I personally have found that Rick Gelinas has been honest and thorough in all our dealings.

It is not for every clean, but if you select your jobs you can make a lot of money with this stand alone system.

As someone else said, "call it what you want", I call it encapsulation, I have also found that it does not stay sticky and attract residue as does shampoo.

If some have a hard time accepting that fact, then you have not opened your eyes and mind and worked with the system for a considerable period of time.

But that is only my opinion and everyone is entitled to their's.

Dumb as they may sound to me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ooroo,

:mrgreen: :twisted:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
danielc said:
What makes the cimex better than a regular 175 and is there that much difference?

To give you an answer.. with encapsulation or any shampoo method. (ie bonnet cleaning included), You loose alot of the heat and nuclear chemistries you could use with HWE since you can't flush them out. So to accomdate the cleaning PiE (TACT) You have to either let chemistries dwell and awful long time or up your agitation.

A 175 machine has a single disk rotating at rougly 175 rpms. The fiber gets it from one direction unless you go over it again from another angle. On a cimex, you now have three small heads spinning in one direction and the entire head assembly spinning the opposite direction. And the rpm of each individual pad is about 400 rpm. Ergo you can pass your cleaning head passes multiple times over each fiber. Thus, more cleaning passes per area equates to better agitation. Also the cimex shower feed system is generally easier than an add on shampoo tank of a 175 although some have a quality handle designed for shower feed. Rather than swininging a 175, you can work in straight lines or any direction since you have more stability. A cimex has its place. Its like the difference between a small truck mount and vortex. Each will do a good job, but one when used correctly will work faster.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
With a simple flick of the switch, you can reverse the direction of the pads/brushes on the Cimex.

Ooroo,

:roll:

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
All that black from the before pics is now down in the carpet. If you would have wiped the carpet with a white towel, you would have been scared. You got paid to clean the carpet and you didn't. I love the mex, but only were a tm won't go. I am not going to debate this and I am glad there is a new open spot in the top 25.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom