using the cimex on a GREASY spoon...lots of pics

DavidVB

My understanding is that old shampoos were made from lard or oils. Gee, I wonder why they re-soiled?

Language changes all the time. New terms may be better for the time.

Some probably say they still go out to the privy, but that's OK with me.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Lyman said:
You got paid to clean the carpet and you didn't.

wrong!!!! i got paid to make the carpet look clean so his customers would not walk out in disgust, i got paid to not have spots come back the next day, i got paid for the carpet not to look streaky as it had the last 6 times it was cleaned, i got paid to do a exact job with direct requests that were addressed and the customer was happy..not you because you dont pay me, but my customer.
see the way i run my business is to talk to my customers and make sure i can meet their expectations of me. i listened to his problems, picked the best tool for the job and addressed every single problem he was having.
his needs/problem may change later and i will make any necessary adjustments if needed to meet them.
you guys need to talk to your customers more and find out what they want out of you..you just may find out that your job is not as hard as you are making it and you can become a hero and make some good money doing it..
hell yea it bothers me that i dont know where the dirt and grease went, he really does not care one shits worth..he just knows that it has never looked so good, it was dry really fast and not one spot has come back..
i think that puts me in the top 10..

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Like I said, I didn't post to get into a argument. You don't know were the dirt went. You pushed it into the carpet. A good prespray and mechincal aggitation and rinse with a quick post pad would give better results.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
wow you guys dont seem to read well....THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN WICKING WITH HWE...the next day almost every spot has come back..it is cgd carpet with lots of spills..
after it was cimexed there have been NO WICKING ISSUES. NOT ONE..NOTHING.
think out of the box, get into the new century, try new things, dont be one a dimensional cleaner..no doctor or mechanic has one set of tools and he picks and uses the best one for the job..
wow it surprises me on how resistant to change some people are..how can anyone sit here and tell me that they could have done better..go ahead and prespray it, agitated it, extract it and have it dry in a hr..then come back to deal with the wick backs..
ok i am done being aggravated at other peoples inability to adapt and adjust..

in other words...blah blah blah keep doing what works for you and be envious of what works for others..

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I used to wonder about encapping too.

Untill I started using it and getting letters thanking me for removing spiils from offices that HWE hasn't been able to remove due to perpetual wicking for years.

They used to cover them with mats. Now they don't have to.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I love the attitude David. I agree, always listen to the customer and give them what they want. I personally have never tried the cimax but I have hwe and then used my bonnet to dry it up. Great combo

Gene

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Dave Yoakum said:
I used to wonder about encapping too.

Untill I started using it and getting letters thanking me for removing spiils from offices that HWE hasn't been able to remove due to perpetual wicking for years.

They used to cover them with mats. Now they don't have to.

it really makes you a hero when no one can do what you can do and all you really did way bring the right tool for the right job.. :mrgreen:

thanks gene..i have always run my company to satisfy my customers needs, and it seems like every customer has a different need sometimes..

Mikey P

Administrator
Next time try HWEing the crap out of it with an acid rinse then Cimex it the next day.

If they'll pay for the two visits.

That's the real sleep free way of doing it properly

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
he was freaking out at the price as it was..i went in at .40 per sqft and had to wait 5-6 months for him to call after using a bunch of cheaper guys..
if he stays good with the every month schedule i will do what you described with the next day cimex at no charge for him every once in a while just to lock the door on anyone else forever..
good idea, thanks

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Personally, i woulda replied with a lot more YELLING!!!

Screw it they arent you, nor are they your custy..

If you explain things, and ask questions, then you can always sleep at night..

thats what i do, and the fookin Coke man asks if they got new carpet when he shows up later that week...

Mikey P

Administrator
Since you're not trying to "clean" the whole joint with just the Cimex, you're return visit will go likkity split.

Use 8 ounces of your favorite well formulated pixie dust per gallon and you'll bow them away.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
yea when i was reading your post i was thinking i could bang it out in less than 1/2 hr no problem..a little bit of time to keep some good money locked up..
i guess you are not such a douche bag after all..at least not tonight

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i have an advance matador 17" that spins at 350 rpm and has a 4 gallon water well on it can i use it to encap or do i need to buy a cimex?

Greenie

high speed rotary with shower feed will work with red pad, but give it a general prespray first,it'll go over better, be more uniform, and you won't suck through the water well on the first 800 ft., it Does take X amount of polymer per sq. ft. and you don't want to cheap out on that.

ps: sorry the cell died today, talk at ya tomorrow if you need anything.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
thanks greenie will probably just wait till monday to give you a call it is the weekend brother time to relax! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

davegill said:
wow you guys dont seem to read well....THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN WICKING WITH HWE...the next day almost every spot has come back..it is cgd carpet with lots of spills..
after it was cimexed there have been NO WICKING ISSUES. NOT ONE..NOTHING.
think out of the box, get into the new century, try new things, dont be one a dimensional cleaner..no doctor or mechanic has one set of tools and he picks and uses the best one for the job..
wow it surprises me on how resistant to change some people are..how can anyone sit here and tell me that they could have done better..go ahead and prespray it, agitated it, extract it and have it dry in a hr..then come back to deal with the wick backs..
ok i am done being aggravated at other peoples inability to adapt and adjust..

in other words...blah blah blah keep doing what works for you and be envious of what works for others..

Looks good Dave as far as wicking post pad and leave some fans in the area you have problems...also extra dry strokes....guarantee this works when HWE. Cimex did a go d job for ya.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
curtis post padding and leaving just adds more work and time to the job..i say do it if you have too but if you have a tool that allows you to not have to then you are in better shape. i have never really had a problem with wick backs when hwe but if it were to happen it would be on cgd...
thanks for the tip
dave

Mike Draper

Dave Yoakum said:
You forgot to add the step of coming back to remove the wicking.
Message to all you hack HWE cleaners. A Studebaker will dry CGD in about 10 minutes even in the dead of winter where I live, so you will never have to come back for a wicking problem.

Greenie

To add to Mike, 2.5" hose, 2" wand with Hole glide is magical on glue down loop olefin, add the Airpath, dry when you leave, that says a lot about resolving problems right there. Wicking is really something we just don't hear about anymore, testiment to the increased vacuum efficiency...not voodoo.

G

Please tell me that was after you HWE'ed it with 275 degree steam and dried it before you CIMEX'ed .

:lol: :lol:

Magic Carpet cleaner he must be!!

Mike Draper

3x a year I clean a Mexican food restaurant where it should be cleaned every month. The Grease is so thick you can chip it off in some areas with a knife. The guy has always had the same problems, hacks with shitty equipment, or they don't know squat about cleaning can't get it not to wick back or clean up properly. The carpet has always taken at least 12 hours to dry. The last company in there cleaned with a vortex, stupid kids, crapy wands, 1.5" whips (on a V!). So it says alot that I'm able to go in there and clean it better than anyone else with completely dry carpet by the time I pack up and leave. It really comes down to your tools, High flow wands, the right scrubbers, lots of airflow and good chemical and some nice Studebakers. My heat generally won't go over 215 at the truck in the dead of winter. So it really comes down to not only having a nice truck, but the proper tools to go along with each job, cause there is no 1 perfect tool for each job, and someone who knows what they are doing is a good thing to. Greenhorn is close to perfection though! :wink:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Greenie said:
To add to Mike, 2.5" hose, 2" wand with Hole glide is magical on glue down loop olefin, add the Airpath, dry when you leave, that says a lot about resolving problems right there. Wicking is really something we just don't hear about anymore, testiment to the increased vacuum efficiency...not voodoo.

the biggest problem i run into with cgd is when it is laid on a unfinished floor..i done know ig i could get a good seal with my 14" greenhorn wand, i am assuming that is why every cleaner had bad streaking problems..we will see the first time i stick it but i am expecting that to be a little bit of a problem.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
There was a 3 star hotel here that was ready to replace their carpet after only HWE for years. Another company went in and used the Cimex. 6 years later with ONLY en-capping and the place looks better than ever. I would like to be there when one you guys tells the owner of that hotel that encapping has a price to pay down the road. He would kick you out the door in a second. Sometimes you just got to go with the flow.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Well Rex, just to satisfy your ego, here's another one. :lol: :lol:

I did post about it previously but I may as well chuck it up again.

Level 11 & 13 in a high rise building.

Had hwe for many years.

Level 11 was going to replace carpet when the CARPET SUPPLIER told them to get ME :shock: to do a demo with my Big Yella Mex;

Four years down the track, they still haven't replaced the carpet and I'm doing both floors yearly, with 1/4 yearly entry foyer cleans.

With my Big Yella Mex; :wink:

These are high priced accountants that are very frugal with their outgoing expenses. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can do what you want and I will do what my customer wants, which is usually giving them great looking carpet.

A lot may call this makeover cleaning, so be it.

We have a saying down under called "Mutton dressed up as Lamb".

This is when something looks nice on top, but can be pretty gross underneath.

This could also apply to a bloody lot of carpets that are cleaned by different systems with operators of varying degrees of expertise.

If it works, the cheque is good and you are asked to come back again, (in a nice sort of way), then I'm happy.

Ooroo,

:roll:

PS ::: The sky won't fall in because we all disagree on different ways of cleaning. :lol:

Bob Foster

I would like to see a picture of a close up of carpet that has been encapped prior to it being vacuumed that shows the crystals. Don't bother trying to show me pictures of dried out encap juice in a petri dish. Show me crystals in a carpet.

I highly doubt that food grease will encapsulate into crystals and when you go into a restaurant with a smunge machine you are mostly rearranging the the dirt and grease.

So if you were going to give a restaurant a quick appearance rearrangement what would stop you from using a very lighty diluted covering of prespray instead of the traditional encapsulation juice.

Here is a place (most of you have seen this picture before) where I was pre-scrubbing with my smunger (Cimex) and had just put down some Judson Juice. Seems to me that rearranging dirt with a surfactant and emulsifier would work as good or better that a solution that crystallizes. However I wonder if it might be slippery if over-applied.

DSC03566.jpg

Maybe I should do an experiment.

Jimmy's right - it's shampoo!

An RX-20 would have cleaned the carpet better with no streaking. No need to get all excited about buffing a carpet. All that grease needs to be sucked off the carpet. I would have rotary steam cleaned it and then buffed it if the money was right. And yes a pos prochem wand would probably leave streaks, so that is why you use the RX or extract then buff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom