using the cimex on a GREASY spoon...lots of pics

DavidVB

Why do those of us who use a Cimex want to convince those that don't that they should. I bought my first one in 1982 (had to walk away from it last year). I used it for years to scrub in prespray mixed with a little shampoo on commercial. I hated seeing my local distributor start selling them about 2 years ago. You should have heard them talk. You would have thought they discovered something.

Why not just leave them alone. After all nothing is better for cleaning 50,000 ft of CGD than a wand.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Nice job........

what would happen if they wanted to put protector on it after you finished.....

Mike Draper

danielc said:
An RX-20 would have cleaned the carpet better with no streaking. No need to get all excited about buffing a carpet. All that grease needs to be sucked off the carpet. I would have rotary steam cleaned it and then buffed it if the money was right. And yes a pos prochem wand would probably leave streaks, so that is why you use the RX or extract then buff.

RX-20 = POS! Had one and it would never, ever clean as well as a pre-srub and my greenhorn. I pretty much compare the RX-20 to the EZ sleezy tm. I can't even count how many commercial places I cleaned with the rx, it was alot though.

Bob Foster

I haven't used my RX20 in over a year preferring other weapons. I would hate to sell it because if I did a job would come that I would have wanted to use it with.

Able 1

Name
Keith
RX-20 = POS! Had one and it would never, ever clean as well as a pre-srub and my greenhorn. I pretty much compare the RX-20 to the EZ sleezy tm. I can't even count how many commercial places I cleaned with the rx, it was alot though.[/quote]

Did you totally give up on that 360 yet? :roll: :mrgreen:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Jim Martin said:
Nice job........

if that was a option for him financially i would have wanded it. you have to remember that i had a in depth talk with him about his expectations and to make sure they were realistic. he is/was very price driven and protector was not a option financially for him. he had tried to bargain me down on my price then walked away from me for about 6 months. I was not really worried about not getting it eventually because i knew what he wanted and no one else was even asking him...he commented that i was the first person that had ever specifically asked him what he was expecting to be done.
I wanted to make sure he was not looking for new carpet when something has been abused and mis cleaned for so long...

Greenie

There ya go Bob....now Les might add some magic polymer in the O2 and you will have dudes shampooing with it.

No....leave a good thing be.

Dave's example does show what some surfactant and some really good polymer can do to hide soil and keep wicking in check...Releasit is a top shelf product...just smells a bit.

Bob Foster

Just for shits and grins I am going to run my smunger over a readily-to-be-cleaned-a-month-ago restaurant that is owned by a not-just-yet-probably-next-month owner with some Releasit on one isle and some Snap on another and see what it looks like.

I'll tell him its an interim cleaning experiment and no charge. It will take me a half hour. I will post some pictures. Before cleaning after cleaning 1 week and 2 weeks. I will also leave a strip somewhere discretely of non-smunged area for a comparison.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
what if he hwe'd it, then right afterward did an encap, wouldn't that have been the best of both worlds, when I see a carpet pop clean like that, it normally means there is a big time soapy residue in the carpet.

Greenie

Snap? why not just grab some Esteam stuff or whatever non-Dlimolene prespray you have and try that opposing the Releasit, that'll be a good side by side to test the polymer vs; just a surfactant scrub in month....then take $5 bets.

G

Now I know I have knocked encapping; But if used correctly it will be a real work saver. Most guys do them combined; They should be done in conjunction with each other; Makes for some of the quickest HWE job's ever.

However; I still laugh at the guy here in Pensacola every time I see him; which is at least once a week; this guy tried to do residential carpet with Cimex and encap; of course an old c/c friend(mother of c/c that pasted away a few years ago) house he happened to clean made sure I was there before he packed up; She was screaming at him you left my carpet sticky you sob and wet as a swamp.

So of course I went in there and pretreated as usual; sucked up and she smiled. Now after that I bought a Cimex and experimented on a few commercial accounts prescrubbing; well all I have to say is 1 hour job turned into 45 minutes(not including break down of equipment); And as a precleaning method I would recommend it; But please don't have any shadow of a thought of doing a few of my Chineese Restaurant customer carpet; it takes 3 prespay process to break that grease; remove with a knife; well I guess; after you pull your shoe out of it first; ENCAP; the great prescrubber method it will be known as now.

Greenie

yea sure, just something that doesn't contain a large % of dilimonene to accellerate resoil if left in teh carpet for the purpose of your test.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The thing about using any of the 5 methods is to pick the application where it will do the most good.

I laugh at the guys who use a method like SHAMPOO in all the wrong situations.

It is up to you as a professional to determine what to use and where.

And not to just mock the SHAMPOO geeks I also laugh at all those HWE TM guys who will drag up hoses to a tenth level commercial building up and thru the fire escape stairs.

:shock:

Mikey P

Administrator
steve g said:
what if he hwe'd it, then right afterward did an encap, wouldn't that have been the best of both worlds, when I see a carpet pop clean like that, it normally means there is a big time soapy residue in the carpet.

That would over wet it and cause wicking regardless of the pixie dust.

It's best to let it wick then fix it imo.

but what the hell do I know I' only clean clean carpet.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
davegill said:
Jim Martin said:
Nice job........

if that was a option for him financially i would have wanded it. you have to remember that i had a in depth talk with him about his expectations and to make sure they were realistic. he is/was very price driven and protector was not a option financially for him. he had tried to bargain me down on my price then walked away from me for about 6 months. I was not really worried about not getting it eventually because i knew what he wanted and no one else was even asking him...he commented that i was the first person that had ever specifically asked him what he was expecting to be done.
I wanted to make sure he was not looking for new carpet when something has been abused and mis cleaned for so long...

...If he would of wanted protector then you would of been forced to wand it......

Is this true with all jobs or just this one............??

bugadab

I always wondered about this stuff. I have tried all kinds of different chems but never rx or dry cleaning. I have a pretty good understanding that dry cleaning doesn't extract anything and that rx could leave carpet very wet. If you take your time and are not lazy the a wand, prespray and spotter work very well. Most people will be smart enough to understand that not every thing comes out completely. If you were to wear the same T-shirt 365 days a year and wash it once then you will be not be happy with the wash. Thats what I would tell my customers. I was charging less than the big guys around my area and getting alot of call backs. To bad I bought an EZ ily will not keep customers machine. My theory was working quite well.

Brent

G

you should take a few iicrc classes - youd be amazed at how much you dont know and can learn.

Name
Nate W.
Jim Martin said:
davegill said:
[quote="Jim Martin":3uwt5mbq]Nice job........

...If he would of wanted protector then you would of been forced to wand it......

Is this true with all jobs or just this one............??[/quote:3uwt5mbq]

I seen a protector that Rick G. sells on his site for encapping. I assume you could use that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom