USPS Delivery service for advertisements

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I can't find it.. I was half awake with the link.

The Postal Service is offering mailings for mass mail to entire zip codes for .145 cents a hit. That can be pretty darned cheap.

Has anyone had Valpak experience with cost VS. this?

Becker

Name
Becker
Does not need to be the whole zip code. Can be as little as a single carrier route. This way you are able to even future target your demo.
It is called every door direct.

Have yet to try it. But at a total cost of less than .20 per home with full color large postcard seems like it could work.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
You're going to get a .001 to 1% return on direct mail that way, IMO it is not cost effective no matter how cheap the USPS is giving it away.

[iframe:1quh2zr9]http://mikeysboard.com/2012/03/21/postal-service-new-direct-mail-service-for-businesses/[/iframe:1quh2zr9]

Becker

Name
Becker
tmdry said:
You're going to get a .001 to 1% return on direct mail that way, IMO it is not cost effective no matter how cheap the USPS is giving it away.

WOW .001 to 1%
Could you crazier and wider figures out of your ass?

1% of 1000 would be 10 jobs, lets say avg job size of $200, that is $2000. Cost $200.00 for 1000 delivered. 10-1 is pretty good.

So out of 1000 you think the reply would be .01 jobs-10 jobs?

So on the low end, one would need to send 100,000 a a cost of $20,000 for one job, or on the high end, 100 at a cost of $20.00.

Where do ya get the .001% figure?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Becker said:
tmdry said:

WOW .001 to 1%
Could you crazier and wider figures out of your ass?

1% of 1000 would be 10 jobs, lets say avg job size of $200, that is $2000. Cost $200.00 for 1000 delivered. 10-1 is pretty good.

So out of 1000 you think the reply would be .01 jobs-10 jobs?

So on the low end, one would need to send 100,000 a a cost of $20,000 for one job, or on the high end, 100 at a cost of $20.00.

Where do ya get the .001% figure?

There are way better ways to get clients than direct mailing to prospects. I didn't get it outta my ass, I track all my marketing ( some of us business owners use Service Monster), and spend quite a lot of time gathering this information, not only for own business but from many business owners, not just on mikeys but other forums as well.

10 out of 1000 people is a shitty return imo, .001% figure is showing you or anyone else that you can lose out on this type of marketing if your marketing piece is not dead on. You can't just send something out and expect a return, no matter how many you send out period, it's all in the marketing material, but imho direct mailing to non clientele is a waste of time compared to other ways of marketing that bring a lot more clients w/ far less upfront costs.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Well Bill, I'm sure we would all appreciate you informing us all on how we should properly market our businesses.

Not trying to be a SAss, but you apparantly seem to know the winning formula, so please share with the class.

Thank you

Becker

Name
Becker
Jamesh921 said:
Well Bill, I'm sure we would all appreciate you informing us all on how we should properly market our businesses.

Not trying to be a SAss, but you apparantly seem to know the winning formula, so please share with the class.

Thank you

I 2nd that.

Duh any lame advertising can produce almost zero return.

.001-1% is way to vague. One job out of 1000000 post cards. Get real. Unless we are talking blank postcards with just a phone number. I was getting just over 1% in past campaigns, I was saturating neighborhood, but did not have the low cost and labor of handling with the every door direct.
Stamps, labels etc.

1 job for $20.00 is pretty cheap I think.
I have many sources that produce a better rate of return on 10-1. But I'd by new clients all day long for $20.00 a pop.

Service monster is for past clients right?

Heck many pay much more than $20 a job with pay per click. Servicemagic, on and on.

Interested in your market research.

Thanks in advance.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
here's an old article I read a while back on the possible returns for direct marketing http://www.gaebler.com you have to scroll down a bit and look on the left under direct marketing results, it's not posting the actual article here on MB for some reason

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom