v fresh tank

Mikey P

Administrator
Real welders who see this thing always comment..

"Did the people who made this ever work with water before?"

sheets too thin, flexy as Nadia ComaneeEch
far too many seams
all sorts of shit welded to the sheets on the outside causing stress cracks
baffle walls tacked on
no reinforcements any wheres... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sure is nice how Aerotech has advanced the old V.

I sure hope this last effort holds for a while longer.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
You want to hear something funny. My old Vortex still has the orginal tank and has never leaked a drop.........I talk to the new owner all the time.

Funny how that tank is fine when most others leaked within 10min. of leaving Yorks house. :roll:

Even many of the first BLUEline Vs leaked and cracked before they left AZ.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
Real welders who see this thing always comment..

"Did the people who made this ever work with water before?"

sheets too thin, flexy as Nadia ComaneeEch
far too many seams
all sorts of shit welded to the sheets on the outside causing stress cracks
baffle walls tacked on
no reinforcements any wheres... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sure is nice how Aerotech has advanced the old V.

I sure hope this last effort holds for a while longer.

keep his card...after a few times the tank implodes and explodes...you will be back over there having it fixed again..

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Jim Martin said:
keep his card...after a few times the tank implodes and explodes...you will be back over there having it fixed again..
Isn't this a fresh water tank?

Our slide-in recovery tank is aluminum and is over 25 years old. We recently pulled it because we suspected it had a small leak somewhere. If your blower blows water out of the silencer frequently when cleaning, and the tank is not close to being full or soapy from residue, you've got a leak somewhere. Air is sucked in at high velocity and generates foam, similar to the way a dry foam carpet cleaning machine works.

Sure enough, it was leaking underneath the tank. We cleaned and buffed out the outside of the tank, and fiberglassed the bottom with a double layer of cloth, plus reinforced the corner welds with glass cloth and resin.

My dad built fiberglass boats (2nd job) when I was a kid. He taught me a lot when I was growing up, as he was a pattern maker at WPAFB full-time (Wright Patterson Air Force Base), and would also build houses, room additions, cabinets, do finish trim, etc., in his spare time.

The ole tank should be good for a few more years now.

Mikey P

Administrator
I forgot all about that popping the V fresh tanks do or did, I have not heard that in a while...

I wonder if that noise was the baffle wall tacks letting loose..?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Bob Savage said:
[quote="Jim Martin":3mgn2tu8]keep his card...after a few times the tank implodes and explodes...you will be back over there having it fixed again..
Isn't this a fresh water tank?
[/quote:3mgn2tu8]

yes....

the tank is set up that as you drive around the water heats up.....most the time you are at about 160 degrees....as you use the tank and add cold water the tank will implode (suck in) because of... temperature change......thin metal...and not enough baffles/bracing to hold the thin metal....once the tank fills the water pressure explodes the metal and starts popping welds...breaking seams..and breaking baffles....

with a tank like this..it is a endless cycle of having to fix it..that is the entire reason I pulled mine out and went with a round one...

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Once BLUEline fixed the "oil canning" issue the tank was great. The round one AT built was the best.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
my tig weld repair has held up going on 3 years now.

knock knock on wood.

2009-11-05115348.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom