V Nose or Flat Front?

Name
Joe
I know is a little late to be asking this question but I still can make a change
I have been looking at different trailer with cleaning equipment in it and they are all flat front.
I will like to get some input on this ASAP they are going to star building my trailer this week
What is better V Nose or Flat Front?
Thanks

rick imby

Name
Rick
I like the v-nose a lot better. Having the door in the V gives great access.

But it depends on where you are going to run the hoses, and if you are going to put a door in the side anyways. Tandem axle is way easier to pull even if you don't need it for the load. The trailer will carry it's own weight better with a tandem.

Just my opinion---and I value it highly.
Missoula Cars

Last edited:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well V nose for MPG on your vehicle is better for sure..

but as I was looking at them..(and I thought they might be better) the problem is you loose a little space....or should i say, the front tongue area which is a great place for your gas tank...and/or propane tanks if you run a fuel burner

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
fuel savings (which suck period when pulling a trailer) or more floor space ....those are your options

if you travel longer distances at hi-way speeds, nose trailers might save some change over the course of a year.
if a "normal" urban setting service area, you'll gain little to nothing in fuel savings

..l.T.A.

Becker

Name
Becker
Yeah, Larry is right, if you are dragging it around town mostly you won't notice zip on fuel savings.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The v is a waste of space. Also get barn doors ramps suck(especially installing the machine) unless your carry large autoscrubbers etc.

Name
Joe

you are right plus is 2' longer because of the V so a 6 x 10 ' is really a 6x12

Bill C.

Name
Bill C.
A 6x12 flat nose is IMO a perfect size but I definitely recommend dual axle. When I had my Boxer insalled by Interlink they put it facing the rear door over the axle and a year later it bent the axle so I moved it to the side door towards the front. The single axles are supposed to be rated at 2500lbs but I don't believe that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom