Van lettering done

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Heading to the Judson shop for install next week.

va9ahyve.jpg

ge3a9a3u.jpg

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Richard in lettering they are identical. Looks good next to the gmc. I'm happy and thanks

Dave with all your expertise I'm surprised your not retired yet. You have advice to improve everything you see but your advice is so generic and basic. You should not worry so much about what you read on the side of a cereal box and start separating yourself from everyone else.

We get a steady 3-4 jobs a month just off the truck driving around or sitting on a job. I'm pretty happy with that.

Michel tracks every single job we book so I know where every job comes from.

I want you to try something for me.

Just say what you think of something without the added marketing class Behind it
Thanks though

Dave

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Just looks very dated and busy to me. Can't read much of it when it a going down the road. Most new lettering is very simplified. Sometimes only one or two words and a large graphic to improve visibility.

Last edited:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Yes I have and adding a 3rd truck and paying cash for everything I decided to get a very clean low miles used van.

Once this baby is up to 10-12k a month I will add another but newer van with another TNT if it performs as promised.

That should be by years end. I have close to 29k tied up in getting this on the road so another 10k in a newer van wasn't in the budget. And I can't stand debt. I don't want to owe anyone anything so I'm not going in debt unless I have too

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
You edited your question on me lol

The lettering works great for my area and target. We drive very little and not real fast. Not on highways much and always in school zones.

Easy for all my moms to read and see. If I did what u described my truck would look just like every other carpet cleaning van in the area.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Definitely old school. You are rocking the 80s there. The two most important things (The Company Name and phone number) Don't pop and they are hidden in a sea of copy. Sometimes less is more.
Dave you crack me up, you were rocking the 80's up until a few months ago. You're supposed to use that line on guys that don't know any better. :headbang:

When you have a fleet you want them to all look the same, the other two already look like this one. It would require a large investment to revamp the other two. Lots of us are stuck in the 80's, we may not even want to be but it change becomes costly and before you know it you could buy a brand new van or two for the price changing the whole fleet.

Reactions: Connor

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Dave you crack me up, you were rocking the 80's up until a few months ago. You're supposed to use that line on guys that don't know any better. :headbang:

When you have a fleet you want them to all look the same, the other two already look like this one. It would require a large investment to revamp the other two. Lots of us are stuck in the 80's, we may not even want to be but it change becomes costly and before you know it you could buy a brand new van or two for the price changing the whole fleet.
Keep rocking!! Wonder if disco will come back too?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

Everything comes back, I'm wearng polyester which I swore I'd never wear again but now of course it's "in" becauses it's Drifit.

I'm shampooing again even though I swore I would never do again but then it's called Encap now, so its cool.

I hated country music when I was growing up but now that's nearly all I listen to.

Your critics are dead on...but just because you're right...doesn't mean you're...right. :confused:

Reactions: Royal Man

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
looks great . With the slow driving in your area people will be able to see your services. I also spotted your name and phone number immediately but I do not wear coke bottle glasses like some people. I bet people know your company and the referals will grow with the ability to servoce more people. Read Daves book on how to go from employees to none in a few short years

Reactions: davegillfishing

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Dave G, you're right on in your response to Dave Y.

Dave Y, before you get to critical maybe ask how he is so successful??? If being stuck in the 80's allows someone to have a 3rd truck and pay cash for all of it, what is the complaint????

Dave Y, look at your wardrobe, I have a feeling he's not the only one rockin the 80's!!!!!

Reactions: davegillfishing

hogjowl

Idiot™
There's not a bigger asshole around here than me (except for Boyle) and even I stopped my first response (which was much the same as Yocums) after I saw the van was already lettered. What kind of asshole is critical when he knows the dude has already spent his money and can't change it?

I swear, Yocum ought to be a padder.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
lol thanks marty!! but i could change it if i wanted to..but changing what has been branded and pulls me work for the last 7.5 years would be stupid because it doesnt fit the 1st grade marketing test..

im going to write up a thread urging people to learn their client base and how to advertise to it and not take every single thing that hear about marketing to heart..use it as a base line..

you guys thing i dont know the principals of marketing and advertising? i have been writing my ads since the day i started the company tracking what people respond to and what they dont..and guess what

not everyone responds to what you are taught in the marketing article you read in the middle of the last mag you got or where ever you learned about marketing..you need to do what works not what people tell you

your supposed to do!!

that isnt directed at any one single person..its directed at all the guys that do exactly what they are taught in a class or seminar and do it..they need to take what they learned and mix it with what works!!

keep eyes open for my rant on a new thread..
dave

hogjowl

Idiot™
That is because most of our marketing gurus haven't had actual customer contact in 20 years and get their marketing theory out of books. It would be nice to have someone around here that is a hybrid of Howey P. (without the spray on tan), Ken Snow (without the swishy pants) and that 1GayaDAY dude (over on T-M-F) to teach us marketing.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Don't let Chavez talk you into putting in crushed velvet seats and dingle balls around the top.

Chris A

Name
Chris
That's funny that you kept the "Not just truck mounted truck powered" thing, even though its totally not lol

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Bullet points should be on both sides of the van.....not just passenger side..........whats the back look like.......

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
chris..we are removing that..i told my guy to make the vans exact when i dropped it off..good catch though. thats one that my helper asked about too.lol

we are also changing on all vans from owner operated to family operated because its not too often that im out of the road anymore..

ron i agree with you but its a decision we made 7 years ago and decided not to change it..thats the one thing we were really considering a change on with all vans
but decided to stick with what works.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Richard- I'm gonna go try to put this outfit back on and see if it get's me laid in the 2013' LOL.

KeninSportCoat.jpg

Err, are you related to the long haired kid on the right ???

DadandcrewinfrontofTylerbuilding_zpsca453333.jpg

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :stir:

:very_drunk:

PS:::: Guess I shouldn't say too much.....

Shortwun_zps4aa4ff49.jpg

They always put the good looking ones on the right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom