Van Locks & Security

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Our HOA is giving us a hard time w/ our van for being parked at the front of the house. We are looking for another home in a few months where we will resolve this issue, but in the mean time I need to park the van on the main road. We're in a safe and nice community but I just don't feel comfortable leaving my van at night out there. I am looking to add the exterior van locks to the back doors and side doors, I've also seen these locks on the driver and passenger doors but I'm not sure if that is overkill.

These are the same locks commonly used w/ HVAC/Plumbing work vans.

http://www.inlad.com/VehicleSecuritySolutions.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhftteieYZw&feature=player_embedded

Anyone have any experience w/ them?
Which one(s) are the ones to get?
Would my auto mechanic shop be able to install them or would I need to go to an audio shop?

I am also looking to get a GPS tracking for the van for "just in case sh*t happens", alarm system, and tint the side windows. I never had any issues before, but I just don't want to take any chances getting my van broken into after all my the $ I've put into it.

Thanks,
Bill

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
to me those just attract attention and tell someone I have something in there to worry about....

get a good alarm system installed on your van.........

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I agree with the attention factor. Can you find a 24 hour gas station to rent a spot from? I also live in a house with a HOA and they now allow vans. In my opinion it was not a good change because a lot vans are here now. Some in good shape and others not. Ladder racks and rust in drives.

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
same locks i use,, and have had no issues attracting attention,,, easy to install,,and a another way to keep your items under wraps!

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Your only as strong as your windows. If they want it... They will get it... And those locks are UGLY...

gln

those locks only work f you have a BULKHEAD installed to separate front doors from equip or tools in back,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom