Van magnetic signs

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Im my neighborhood I cannot have a lettered van in the driveway so my van is currently unlettered. I am considering getting magnetic decals but I'm afraid they might look fly by night. Anyone use them? Have any of you seen them done nicely enough that they dont look like magnets? Any general suggestions? Thanks Guys!

Name
Lee Stockwell
Paint the magnetic panels to match your van. Then use them to COVER your graphics. If they get stolen or blow off you won't lose your sign with it.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Thats not a bad idea. But on another note I maybe replacing this van in the next few months which makes me lean ore towards the signs. But I do like you idea.

Temple

You could always get a cover for the van. Im guessing you dont have a garage.
We use the Magnetic signs and it works for us.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have had large magnetic signs in the past and they looked great. However, when you take them off at night you must lay them flat, if you bend them they get looking bad real fast.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
they can be tastefully made and if they match the paint on your truck, you won't see them as much.
You could make some system of fasterners for the front edge as that is where it will blow away from first. either some rare earth magnets or some edge material, like a transition strip, that will cover the front edge. Smaller magnets won't blow off as easy.
Since you are unmarked already, even a small magnet with your busn name will be beneficial to let the homeowner know who is pulling into their driveway.

mcatt

Name
Mike
I would suggest get a wrap and then cover it or nothing. I personally don't like the magnet look. My buddy has HOA that didn't allow him to park his van in the driveway but he figured out the street was city owned and could park it there. Any chance that could be the same for you?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Sounds like you know how bad a magnet is so here is my opinion.A magnet is a magnet is a magnet and will always portray the image you yourself said and that it is fly by night and oh you forgot cheap and no class. Better to have nothing. Or get some vinyl lettering (inexpensive and classy) and cover it up with a blank magnet just like Lee's suggestion.You can always peel the vinyl lettering of when you go to trade in.

Becker

Name
Becker
mcatt said:
I would suggest get a wrap and then cover it or nothing. I personally don't like the magnet look. My buddy has HOA that didn't allow him to park his van in the driveway but he figured out the street was city owned and could park it there. Any chance that could be the same for you?

Not all HOA work that way in all counties states etc..
Here in Snohomish County, Planned Unit Developments are a planned partnership of the county and developer and parking restrictions can be placed.

Best to investigate all options before you make a choice.

Can't park in the garage, or are you in a condo?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
LOOK....heres how you do it.......
First determine WHO the president of the HOA IS..........

THEN throw nails in their driveway....at least three times........
THEN find a payphone ...
out of town somewhere....and call them.......
tell them if they LIKE nails in their driveway....
jus keep picking on the association members.....

usually works well............ :lol:

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
i HATE HOA. That's why I live outside of town.

I have some magnetic signs that I’ve had for 5 years. The trick to stopping them from blowing off is to keep the back of the magnets and the van clean. You also need to store them flat.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
check with the Hoa i lettered mine and got a cover. we were both happy. now i park my box just down the road for 150 a month . it's in a visable area and it covers its own rent 10 fold. the wrap says hay look at me i'm a pro.

gene

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I do have a garage I could park in I just wanted to avoid leaving my car out. But I think that is my best option. Im not going to have this van wrapped. I'll probably just letter it minimally but tastefully and if I come across a problem, Ill park it in the garage. Thanks guys!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The magnets work fine, even at interstate speeds I never lost one. We painted the magnets to match the color of the truck and from 15-feet you couldn't tell it wasn't lettered.

It does become a hassle pulling them off and on but it works. Like Mike said just keep the truck clean and the magnet is secure.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
get in truck...drive a mile...
get out of truck...apply magnets....go to work....
on way home ...
stop a mile from home....
remove magnets....
go on home.......
EVERYDAY?????

yus shoot me...........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom