VCt guys

Name
Ron lippold
I looked at one the other day 14327 sq ft of halls. 20 plus year old tile. Some wax on it. Strip two coats of sealer and three coats of finish.

How much would you charge.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
What equipment and labor pool do you have at your disposal?

Last edited:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
just halls??? how much on the edges is the question....

also how many door ways in these halls??? carpet on the other side or more tile floors???

no autoscrubber??? ewwww...oh with all those corded machines....how many plugs in the halls??

range could be .20-.35 based on a few factors....maybe down to .15 if i thought there was other work there to do as well.....also if in fact not much finish on it...

20 year old floor.....i am going to guess there is more on the edges then you think....which would keep it up to the 20-25 mark

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
They probably have been waxing over dirt for the last 20 years, just because it looks dull still could have 10 layers of finish. Definitely at higher end .30 or more

Anyway to convince them to a demo of a small section?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I would take a stripping pad punch out and some stripper in a bottle and see exactly what your in for just so you have a clear idea of how or what you will need to emulsify what's on there.

very hard to loose money at .35 a square foot, very easy to make a killing though!

at $5000 you can afford some laborers to get down and scrape edges and scrubb baseboards clean.

Depending different job factors it. Should take a crew of 4 about 15- 20 hours to complete. With maybe 2-3 hours extra for conditions related to the finish drying.

So about $450 in supplies ( includes wax, stripper, pads, scrapers, mops) and about 1600 in labor on the extreme side, you should profit almost $3000 on a long day.

not too shabby!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
if the edges are bad...2 or 3 days....for almost 15k....more so with the equip you talked about...

trust me...about 5 hrs or so of scrapping edges, your ready to be done and your productivity will go down....

on the flip side if there arent very many doors or other transitions, and just straight shots......then its not to bad.....either way plan on doing at least the edges a 2nd time....

as far as baseboards go....if they want them nice, and 20 yrs they are nasty.....then that is a 2nd charge by the Linear foot.....i dont ever fook around with baseboards....they can replace them cheaper then what i would charge them for it

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
That is the going rate but the fact that all that work will take 9 times longer than the carpet you are getting the same price if not more for its why I don't mess with vct

and like i said about the edges.....i can make as much or more doing a vct job like this, vs you and carpets.....

equipment baby

edges are the wild card

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
U can always go down if ya need too . Do u have a relationship already with these people ?
if so go on the high side.
we always get good money to do this but most if not all of what we have done is been referrals or customers already.

Jon

35 cents

I looked at one the other day 14327 sq ft of halls. 20 plus year old tile. Some wax on it. Strip two coats of sealer and three coats of finish.

How much would you charge.

Sidewinder would really help.....don't go cheap......start at 35 cents, you can always go down a little.....maybe offer them 1 free buff

Name
BradFenstermaker
.30 to .40 a sq. This will take longer than you think. Anyway or anybody you can borrow a Sidewinder along with a walk behind squeegy Vac??? 4 of you could to the job in 2 long days. Get a doodle bug with several pads, straight blade for scrapping.

Edges and door jams will kill ya.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom