Video Tour of the Sapphire Pro 1200, pert damn neato.

FredC

Village Idiot
That design is awesome though. Would have been nice to have all that room in the back of my WM.....................

mine had the extra tank with the two blowers but even without it not much room

DSC00328320x200.jpg

Last edited:

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
We love our two 2008 pro 1200s. I think the bigger blower makes it the best direct drive out there. Our two units have been very reliable. Our next unit will definitely be a Sapphire pro 1200. We also have a 2007 Hydramaster CDS with salsa and I prefer the pro 1200.

Mikey P

Administrator
Change my mind about what?

Did I ever voice an opinion about that machine in particular?

As nice as that unit is I still would not buy a Direct Drive/PTO ever again.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Change my mind about what?

Did I ever voice an opinion about that machine in particular?

As nice as that unit is I still would not buy a Direct Drive/PTO ever again.

Why not?i is a very nice TM.

Mikey P

Administrator
Read it slowly so it's sure to sink in.

A PTO/CDS is ran off the vehicle's motor.
If the motor belongs to a busy cleaner and not one who is posting on the boards by 1 pm most days, you can count on the motor/transmission being toast long before the components of the cleaning unit are even close to being worn out.

read it again...

If the motor belongs to a busy cleaner and not one who is posting on the boards by 1 pm most days, you can count on the motor/transmission being toast long before the components of the cleaning unit are even close to being worn out.

PTO/CDS units should be ran off a Diesel/ HD set up IMO.

A cargo van will stay cooler and is easier to teach a chimp to run a CDS/PTO so the Hagopians of the world will use them (and trade them in or sell them off while there is still a bit of life in the van.

A well formulated Slide IN will last 20 to 30 years plus as you move it from van to truck to van again.

all my future cleaning trucks will be box vans of trucks with one or two slide ins in them.

and hopefully employees wise enough to not blow themselves up.

Last edited:

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
this is why Mytee,s etm sounds better and better.if your chimp should mess up .You can give him a bit of shock treatment

hogjowl

Idiot™
Read it slowly so it's sure to sink in.

A PTO/CDS is ran off the vehicle's motor.

read it again...

PTO/CDS units should be ran off a Diesel/ HD set up IMO.

A cargo van will stay cooler and is easier to teach a chimp to run a CDS/PTO so the Hagopians of the world will use them (and trade them in or sell them off while there is still a bit of life in the van.

A well formulated Slide IN will last 20 to 30 years plus as you move it from van to truck to van again.

all my future cleaning trucks will be box vans of trucks with one or two slide ins in them.

and hopefully employees wise enough to not blow themselves up.

So, there should be no problem with me owning one then.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom