volume discount or not

Mikey P

Administrator
We clean a rug once a year up in San Fran for 3 grand on location.
Takes all day with travel.
They now want to clean twice a year and are looking for a discount...

I'm thinking $500 off with some sort of contract or pre payment.

Ideas?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Do it on the honor system, if you require a contract or prepayment you are saying you don't trust them. Do you? If so just give them the every 6 month cleaning price, esp if you just cleaned it 6 months ago.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I trust no one....I take that back, I trust few.

If you you trust them do as Ken said. If you don't do as Lyman suggests.

dontforgetyourmask-1.jpg

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I try to trust and be trusted by everyone~ within reason. Other than cars and real estate I won't sign or make someone sign anything. My word is golden and I believe others is too until proven otherwise. Life is too short to have a negative moment of truth with people.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ken Snow said:
I try to trust and be trusted by everyone~ within reason. Other than cars and real estate I on';t sign or make someone sign anything. My word is golden and I believe others is too until proven otherwise. Life is too short to have a negative moment of truth with people.
+1

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you can make a better profit cleaning this rug at $2,500 than you can doing something else in that time frame, do it for $2,500. All of the scary parts of this job are behind you.

My picky:
Doing the same job more often means your crew may save time due to their familiarity and might justify a price reduction. A volume discount would be for doing more work at the same time though, not the same job more often.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Technically I agree with u Bryan- it would be a frequency discount in this case.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mikey P

Administrator
just got this in my inbox..

Mike,

I spoke to my Director later this afternoon and have good news to report – he agreed that twice annual cleaning of the **** Library Room rug is a good idea and will be funded. The approximate schedule for cleaning is:

1. August right before school starts

2. last week of December after all the winter holiday parties

The 18.7% discount is very much appreciated in return for our commitment to twice annual cleaning. I’ve put a note on my calendar to contact your business at the beginning of August and December annually to arrange cleaning later in each month. Given that it’s March already, I’ll determine whether the rug needs cleaning again this August 2012 and will notify you accordingly.

Thanks again for your excellent work and for working out a good solution that is mutually beneficial.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom