Vortex next door

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Woke up to the sound of a vortex howling at the foreclosed house next door.

v1.jpg

v2.jpg

v3.jpg

Here's a pic of the diesel puddle it left after it pulled away.

v4.jpg

i know these guys so i went over and bs'd with them a bit. Called the owner and told him about the fuel leak. he was nonchalant

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Did they do a good job? Or does that matter?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
wait till you see the damage that diesel fuel does to that asphalt.........

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
With the price of fuel who could afford to be dumping it on the ground? There will be a hole about 2 inches deep where it hit the asphalt and ate it away.

Mikey P

Administrator
Somebody built one if those stoOpid soufWest adobe homes around here,stands out like a red headed step child. .

Even made it to the 6 o'clock news when the owner decided to sue Bank of America when he went upside down on it. .

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Somebody built one if those stoOpid soufWest adobe homes around here,stands out like a red headed step child. .

Even made it to the 6 o'clock news when the owner decided to sue Bank of America when he went upside down on it. .

BOA can burn in Hell !!!!

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Nothing on the planet is more efficient and comfortable as a real adobe home.

The problem is most adobe style homes these days are made of 2x4 construction and a plaster coating.

Real adobe is made from mud and straw with plaster..

here's an old adobe pic from Taos NM

family-vacations-in-new-mexico-taos-pueblo.jpg

Connor

Name
Connor
A lot your cab and chassis truck develop diesel leaks due to the pipe the aftermarket body manufactures use to connect the fill cap to the fuel tank.

Becker

Name
Becker
This the egg thrower? Or the guy peaking over your fence seeing all the competitors yard signs you collect?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
lol... naaa, the egg thower lives in the adobe style house just past the vortex... The house with the red plumb tree...

come to think of it,,, the egg thrower caught me at the mailbox and asked if i would clean his carpets. I told him it wasn't a good idea and to call somebody else.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
i chatted with them for about 15 minutes... i even called their boss, an aquaintence of mine, and offered to purchase his vortex... he wasn't interested in selling it.

Neil King

Name
Neil King
i chatted with them for about 15 minutes... i even called their boss, an aquaintence of mine, and offered to purchase his vortex... he wasn't interested in selling it.

Was that in Santa Fe or ABQ?

I clicked on the thread not knowing- I'm in the same area, small world.

Do you know how many Vortex's are in town? I know Ron has one. I have only seen one other, and that's the one.

Last edited:
Name
BradFenstermaker
I would of atleast dumped the wastetank to wash the diesel spill off. Those guys are pitiful, I put a can under mine and recycle. We have a bunch of drippers around here too George.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Is that asphalt? What's with the scratches in it? We get lots of cracks in ours that have to be filled before winter. I've never seen scratches like that.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Woke up to the sound of a vortex howling at the foreclosed house next door.

v1.jpg

v2.jpg

v3.jpg

Here's a pic of the diesel puddle it left after it pulled away.

v4.jpg

i know these guys so i went over and bs'd with them a bit. Called the owner and told him about the fuel leak. he was nonchalant

That comes out of the diverter exhaust, mine use to do that, I used to put an old op pad on the ground to catch it. If you forget to catch it with something, it usually washes right off, more exhaust condensation then anything else. Mine doesn't do it anymore, not sure why it ever did.

Last edited:

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
That comes out of the diverter exhaust, mine use to do that, I used to put an old op pad on the ground to catch it. If you forget to catch it with something, it usually washes right off, more exhaust condensation then anything else. Mine doesn't do it anymore, not sure why it ever did.

After looking at the pictures and where the truck was sitting that looks to me to ba a oil leak from the motor. Look at where the truck is sitting with the lines in the driveway. The diverter valve would be way further back.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
After looking at the pictures and where the truck was sitting that looks to me to ba a oil leak from the motor. Look at where the truck is sitting with the lines in the driveway. The diverter valve would be way further back.

engine is more forward....that is diesel fuel.....and I would be willing to bet it is coming from a hose that runs to the fuel separator.....its about where the separator is hanging....
same 1200 UD and model Vortex I use to have.....the 720 is actually the 6008 series.....this one has the 135 tanks not the 235 tanks...........looks like it is way past time to think about doing something with that APO switch hanging in the breeze.............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom