Vortex thread locked-first I've seen that!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Brian Robison wrote:
but how many customers meet you in the driveway to check out your rig?

Shawn York replied:
All of them - if you're smart enough to make it a point to take them out and show it to them. It comes nuturally when your proud of what you own. Especially when you know you can do things that your competitor cannot. Makes a man feel all confident and special inside.

I knew I could do things that other cleaners couldn't when I was running my Cheyenne portable!
And I took pride inthe POS Big Red that I ran for so many years because I knew again that I could do things that others couldn't, or rather, they wouldn't.
Now with the new CanAm, I can take more pride in showing it off to people, and I know even moreso that I can do what other cleaners in town can't, or won't.

MOST times its won't! The little extra time I take in most jobs, and the long extra time I take on the nasties, makes a huge difference in the finished product. Other cleaners couldn't be bothered as long as it looks ok.

Name
I'm Rick James
BS. People with big TM have the biggest ego's most of the time. I agree the vortex is a cool machine,but you CAN do just as good of a job with a slide in or CDS.

BS, that all of Shawns customer meet him in the driveway like a kid waiting for their parents. Majority of the customers careless what kind of equipment we use as long as it not a portable or chem dry crap. And if you do show all your customers your rig you gotta wonder how many really careless and are just looking at it because they are to shy to say no, like alot of housewifes. Let me guess they are so excited and impressed.

I am curious what can a vortex do that a regular TM can't. This isn't rocket science and all TM are basically the same, you guys do know that, some just suck more than others.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
but you CAN do just as good of a job with a slide in or CDS.

I am not going to get into a childish pissing contest .........but your wrong on this remark.I know this from first hand experience ......I had a brand new van and cds unit and it could not produce half of what I can now..........It was a good machine and it did serve me well......But if you are a busy company.and you stay busy.....she just could not keep up...........

TimP

Jim, with all honesty were you running high flow on your cds like you're running on the Vortex. The way I understand it you were using an RX-20. Be honest you changed your equipment at the wand and face it that makes the biggest difference. It's hard to say you can produce double just because you have a vortex. You can if you run 2 wands and have a place set up for it, not all residential homes you do will be done twice as fast with two wands. I believe you may be able to go a bit faster due to the heat and better vacuum. But not twice as fast.

I can do 600-650' an hour with my cds with a helper. Are you saying you can do 1300 ft with a helper per hour???? Quite frankly I don't think so.

Name
I'm Rick James
Again you can do just as good of a job with a CDS or slide in. I understand Vortex is superior in some regards, but you can get the carpet just as clean with a CDS or slide in.

I have never walked into a place and said wow a vortex cleaned this huh.

Name
I'm Rick James
steve frasier said:
Brent said:
Majority of the customers careless what kind of equipment we use as long as it not a portable or chem dry crap

that comment really makes no sense

I meant as far as TM equipment. Many ask if it is a TM or not, they don't care or know what kind.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
No I was not running high flow......The heat could not keep up........I could not hold 220 .........
When I got the Vortex I was still using my RX as much as I was with the CDS and still producing more then the CDS.......

You can check with most here it was not until very late last year or very early this year that Greenie switched me to the dark side and NOW I don't use the RX ..

there are many factors involved here.......everyone is so hyped up on the stupid shit they get tunnel vision of the common since stuff......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
but you can get the carpet just as clean with a CDS or slide in.

That is 100 % true............and anyone who would disagree with that is crazy..........

and BTW.it is FAR from superior.but it is very efficient........

and IMO..that's where you make your money.............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
LOL....I really don't understand what you are saying but if it is like most the other useless shit you throw up it probably don't matter............Personally your lucky......I made a promise to a number of people that I would shut up..But lets just say you bring a lot of laughter......to a lot of people........are you still bonding with a truck LOL.......

Becker

Name
Becker
LOL....I really don't understand what you are saying but if it is like most the other useless shit you throw up it probably don't matter............Personally your lucky......I made a promise to a number of people that I would shut up..But lets just say you bring a lot of laughter......to a lot of people........are you still bonding with a truck LOL.......

Jim, What am I missing?

Now I have to reread the whole thread.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
You did not miss nothing..........

I spoke out of turn..........sorry..its not been a great day..........

Becker

Name
Becker
Something aint right...

If ya have a beef with me, then just bring it.

No worries here.

The good thing about a bad day, is it will end and ya can start again tomorrow.

And as are as the ( > . ) joke. it was just that a joke over the over use of .........................

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It's all good..............

I think I just need to go the way of the Waldo and get off this board for awhile...........

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I took my old van to to a local diesel shop right around the corner from FMI ( they use to build the Vortex) to have all the lettering stripped off.

The guy stripping the vinyl lettering asked me what I was doing. I told him I sold my equipment and bought a Vortex, going down to Arizona and driving it back to Portland

he tells me, and this is from a guy who is a grease monkey, "I seen that truck at FMI one day and had the dude come clean my carpet. That machine just rips, my carpet had never been cleaner. He took out every stain with no extra effort. My wife was totally impressed. She won't let any other guy or machine clean our carpet"

that is a direct quote from Mr. Kumho who runs the body shop at Roberts Motor Company

I don't have penis envy when it come to my truck, I do like my truck and I understand the arguement, but I have got more comments like this from our Vortex then I ever did with a cargo van. If you feel I am BSing you then that is your problem

Tim said:
I can do 600-650' an hour with my cds with a helper. Are you saying you can do 1300 ft with a helper per hour???? Quite frankly I don't think so.
actually if the house isn't to bad it is, don't have to move a lot, pretty east to do 1300 in a little less then an hour

we just did a bunch of little ranch houses in Turner Oregon, all about 1200 sq ft. None of them took over an hour, including pulling hose. We cleaned some of them side by side sitting in the same driveway

TimP

I was talking about single wand as in Jim Martin. You took that out of context. As I said you can dual wand and do it. But there are other machines that can dual wand too...the vortex isn't the only machine able to do that.

But as a single user running 1 wand I doubt seriously you can double your production just because you run a vortex (other than dual wands). I'm not here to have a pissing match I just don't see the vortex as the mesiah. It's a good machine. And all the big things people mention is because it's in a cab over box truck. But I think personally it's over priced for me. I don't do 150 grand plus a year and probably never will. Unless something freaky happens and our town grows in population by the factor of 3-4. Sure I'd love to own one, honest.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't do 150 grand plus a year and probably never will

But you can.....but not if you limit yourself.......and I don't mean buy the equipment you run............but it helps

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Good God Girdy you all are argueing different things.
You can get a carpet just as clean with a slide in
you can go faster with a Vortex.

Is this really that hard? :roll:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
hey,

i'm a porty guy for the moment. my customers dont care what i got as long as it cleans the carpet in an timely and professional manner.

i figure that i'm making just as much per house as most of you and i'm doing with without the cost of gas.
and without worry of burning a hole in someones yard like our ocal ss did for a friend of mine.
and without the worry of oil changes

Oh and its greener, and i dont have to ride home with a hot tm behind me in my vehicle.

hey, just picking on you guys, funny you are all talking about whos is longer. oh i mean better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom