Vortex thread locked-first I've seen that!

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Chelsea PTO from tranny IS what powers the AT/V.
I have both exhaust and coolant heat exchangers and a 6008 blower.
As I understand it, the PTO will not power 2 blowers... to many HP required.
The taller box is a good idea, but the short box bareley fits some places now. Aero Tech will make a taller box, I do not know about V.
I'm sure the "lab tank" is in the middle for weight purposes...a simple 110 gal. tank at 8.337 lbs. adds up
twice that for dual waste tanks when full.
Our fresh water tank is 220 gal. weighs over 1,800 pounds when full (just water weight not tank weight).

-JB-

Name
JB
Oh yeah.... well.... my peckers bigger than your pecker!

pecker.jpg

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I'd like to see it when you get it finished, sounds interesting to say the least... will you copy the V drive train for blower and pump set up, or will you start from scratch? After you have it all designed, fabricated and installed what do you think the final cost will be? will you use all Stainless Steel or will you go with cheaper alternatives? Perhaps you should talk to Blueline too, after all I'm sure they could use a design engineer with a lot of new perspectives.

TimP

Keep in mind that the new Vortex dumped the SS fresh tank for a plastic one. Also increased the price to 90 grand

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
TimP said:
Keep in mind that the new Vortex dumped the SS fresh tank for a plastic one.

honestly, that would seem to be a GOOD change, if you asked me.
Not a thing wrong w/poly tanks imHo

no welds to fail, no corrosion issues like steel or aluminum and the poly tanks of today are pretty tough and durable

..L.T.A.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Ron Werner said:
Mrs. Jones is not going to walk out into the rain and get a woody looking at my machine.
Maybe if "she" is in San Francisco :shock:

[quote:2jw2068a]2 machines, 2 fresh water tanks, waste water tank, 2 fuel burning heaters, Fuel tanks for heaters, additional fuel costs, maintenance costs, floor space
Why 2 of everything? Have 2 machines, ONE 250-300gal freshwater tank, ONE appropriate recovery tank, possibly 2 heaters but ONE fuel tank. ONE hose reel with 600' or 2 smaller ones with 300'. Getting a little overboard for the comparison.

My CanAm is getting very good "mileage" for both the unit and the heater working off one propane tank, not even 2 gal of propane per hour, = $3-$6/hr operating, getting almost dry carpet when I finish.
If you really want, use a kero heater and a diesel slide-in and run it all in a diesel truck. ONE fuel tank for all.
Bet they would still use less fuel than a big 8 or 6 wailing away.[/quote:2jw2068a]

Ron, How often do you have to fill your tanks? How many gallons do they hold?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Oh, as far as buying 2 plants, an "enterprising" tm builder could mount 2 units side by side on the same platform, esp if they are simple enough like the CanAm. Would take up even less space.

Fon Johnson

Ron Werner said:
Oh, as far as buying 2 plants, an "enterprising" tm builder could mount 2 units side by side on the same platform, esp if they are simple enough like the CanAm. Would take up even less space.

Duane Oxley did that, sometime ago. That unit is called the split steam. It comes with two blowers, and two independant waste tanks built into one. This is the machine that can go over 300 (yeah I know, not impressive for a LP unit.)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Brian Robison wrote

I wouldn't dual wand with one truck and I can have 2 set ups like I have now for the price of a V and make more money...I believe...because of it.

My total rig is right at $40,000.00 not including financing.
WM Commander HO, all the reels, tanks, floor wand, turbo hybrid, hoses and installation in a 07' 2500 GMC Cargo Van with air, power window and doors.

I can carry some air movers or whatever I need to clean carpets and tile.

I don't think any other set up would out do by too much unless you build it yourself.

Did anyone see this? It just seems like common sense to me.
I want to hear arguements or support if you have it.
Thanks

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
It would all depend oh HOW much/often your company dual wands.
Obviously, if you're an owner/operator you won't be dualing much :roll:

If you're dualing all the time, the BIg truck makes sense, everything in one package. It obviously works because so many guys are talking about it. Hard to say if a dual unit TM would be more efficient. MIght be easier to maintain, 2 smaller engines are easier to work on the main drive engine, easier to replace.

If you're only dualing occasionally, then other options would be more practical.

DId someone say their Big truck only uses 1-2gal per hour?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
OK, lets talk time and money...it's the same thing

If you are dual wanding at a place and then go to another place after and dual wand...that is two jobs in lets just say 5 hours for the arguement

If you have two vans (smaller units)...both jobs are started at the same time and you should finish in 4 hours...just a guess on time, I'm sure it would vary, but surely would be less.

Fact of the matter is, you can do more jobs in less time with having two trucks at two different locations (with one tech) instead of one truck dual wanding at each job...doing one before the other.

Time wise, the amount of jobs you do in a day will grow exponentially...as will the money you make.

Am I the only one who see's this or am I missing something?

Now if you have 2 v's the equasion still works as you would have 4 smaller trucks.

Even if the money making is minimal (which I believe it would be a little better than that) you save money on the Rig itself and probably repairs, tools, etc.

Anyone?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
And, if you have one big job for the day? You still can "dual wand" with the two different trucks at one job at 2 different entrances.

I don't think gas is an issue by the way.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Fon Johnson said:
[quote="Ron Werner":4rfbmct8]Oh, as far as buying 2 plants, an "enterprising" tm builder could mount 2 units side by side on the same platform, esp if they are simple enough like the CanAm. Would take up even less space.

Duane Oxley did that, sometime ago. That unit is called the split steam. It comes with two blowers, and two independant waste tanks built into one. This is the machine that can go over 300 (yeah I know, not impressive for a LP unit.)[/quote:4rfbmct8]

The Elite will be the HX version of the SplitSteam. The idea isn't to have two systems in one, necessarily. It's to have truly independent dual wand performance, yet be able to channel it into a single wand when desired.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom