Walk-Off Mats

acs702

Walk off mats...
Who uses them? And Where do you get them? I really like the idea of placing a nice logo inserted walk off mat in the customers home while we put on our shoe covers (grown men don't wear booties).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Derek

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i never heard or thought of this idea, sounds cool.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I thought about it but after a few jobs...of wiping your feet on them and setting the slobbering rotary on it all day...they look a bit worse for wear....

I just fold a tarp and use it...if I need more coverage I can just unfold the thing........

Connor

Name
Connor
Many highfalutin plumbing and HVAC business use branded entry mats at the customers front door and work areas. IMO if you're cleaning carpet, it shouldn't be that big of a deal to keep one clean.

You can buy them from uniform suppliers and some other places you find on the internet. They've always seemed pricey to me.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
My guys are required to use them. We keep 4 on each truck.
Walmart 8$ each. All light blue. You guys that are not using them are crazy. We get comments all the time thanking us for not tracking all over the tile or wood floors.
Customer perception!!!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
My guys are required to use them. We keep 4 on each truck.
Walmart 8$ each. All light blue. You guys that are not using them are crazy. We get comments all the time thanking us for not tracking all over the tile or wood floors.
Customer perception!!!

What kind are they and how big......I was ordering some really good bath mats for a while there....but you know as well as I do that you cant keep these things clean and looking half way descent after wiping your shoes on them day after day...plus I want something that is real absorbent so when I set the Hoss on them they can suck and absorb as much water off of the bottom so it is not dripping from one end of the house to the other........

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
The logo ones would look cool bit I have not justified the expense.

I use cut pile carpet samples. They have a binding around the edge that keeps them together and can be strategically placed all over as needed

Name
BradFenstermaker
I use Costco towels, cheap and easy to wash every few days. Plenty for solid/carpet transitions. Moving blankets for staircase bannisters and fancy corner trim.

Will be checking WallyWorld for mats Dave mentioned.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Jim I get the 3x4 and a few 6' long runners.

Nothing impresses a customer more than before u walk in their home you lay out a mat and wipe your feet. Starts things of on a huge positive and pretty much guaranteed no one has ever done it for them before

Reactions: tmdry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim I get the 3x4 and a few 6' long runners.

Nothing impresses a customer more than before u walk in their home you lay out a mat and wipe your feet. Starts things of on a huge positive and pretty much guaranteed no one has ever done it for them before

perfect I will go brave the Walmart aisles and go check them out......thanks

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I currently use clean round pads from my "paddin'" days. Custys want to keep 'em, but at $10 each....kinda expensive. I have an idea in the works, and I'll bring it out soon. It will be a personalized chamois mat, with your logo and phone number, and a message, that you can leave with the custy. You can leave one at each entrance....and at the tile floor/carpet thresh hold to prevent slips. They can then use it, wipe with it, wash it, and your logo and name/number will still be there. As soon as I get some product printed up, I will start sending out free samples to whoever requests one. They will be as affordable as a sample bottle of spotter.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I use 4ft. x 14 ft. robin egg blue vynyl with a woven backing. When i come to the door i roll it out all the way or as far as i can in the smaller places. When i leave i stand outside the door and pull it out of the house into a bunch under my arm. I have 4 of these and use a fresly folded matt for each home i go to.My wife helps me fold them up at night.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
The logo ones are nice but they do take some abuse. I prefer the "disposable" ones. From time to time I will just leave them as a curtesy. If its raining and a dirty entrance I will just leave one and let the customer know its a donation. Cheap way to show you care

acs702

Royal Man. Thanks for the link. A bit pricey, but they look good. I think I'm going to have to look around a bit.
I think my walk off must be logo'd, but until then, I am going with a plain commercial walk off mat. Thanks guys for the input. Lovin being around people talkin shop. My wife has had enough, thanks for the outlet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom