Wand Glides and their effect on our industry

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I am super excited, as I have just ran my first 10 glides.
I have been learning how to draw and right programs for cnc. They are coming out awesome.
After I get all the programs done for the glide styles we have, I have a concept that I am really wanting to see if I can machine it.
It has been on the back burner for a long time

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have been learning how to draw and right programs for cnc. They are coming out awesome.
After I get all the programs done for the glide styles we have, I have a concept that I am really wanting to see if I can machine it.
Everything is on your back burner

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Has anyone tried a GG on a Evolution wand to see if it reduces the chatter?
dunno what your favourite joe sells, but teflon glide from him definitely better than original. More weight and more slippery

jet shear kit also adds needed weight while improving spray pattern

still too much flex in the head imo, although I'll pull it out in a heartbeat to clean light soiling

so damn easy to move

Jimbo

Good thoughts, Mike! Glides really do rock...and help us Geezers keep working! Thank you Very Much to Lisa and Greenie for working so hard to make them available...I know it Cost them A Lot...

Jeff @ Sierra... Definition of Opportunity Cost from Business Dictionary...
A benefit, profit, or value of something that must be given up to acquire or achieve something else. Since every resource (land, money, time, etc.) can be put to alternative uses, every action, choice, or decision has an associated opportunity cost.
Opportunity costs are fundamental costs in economics, and are used in computing cost benefit analysis of a project. Such costs, however, are not recorded in the account books but are recognized in decision making by computing the cash outlays and their resulting profit or loss.

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/opportunity-cost.html

Folks that know Lisa and Greenie would probably agree they paid a high price as part of the opportunity cost...Thank again!

Mikey P

Administrator
dunno what your favourite joe sells, but teflon glide from him definitely better than original. More weight and more slippery

jet shear kit also adds needed weight while improving spray pattern

still too much flex in the head imo, although I'll pull it out in a heartbeat to clean light soiling

so damn easy to move
OEM is not teflon

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Mikey asked if the evo can be improved from factory.. yes it can
@Mikey P my evolution wand, but like I said I think its too light and has too much flex for an every day wand
Resized_20191217_120037.jpeg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Has anyone tried a GG on a Evolution wand to see if it reduces the chatter?
Yes...and way better cleaning with a Greenglide on it vs stock.

Me and my Brother Dave had won a Cobra 500 portable in our companies (2 years apart) and they came with the 2 jet version. I bought a Greenglide for mine...it was HUGE Improvement for that wand....but it still is challenged for cleaning compared to many other wands in my opinion.....but anyone with an Evolution that doesn't want to update their wand, I recommend a Greenglide.

Just had a company call me last week and told them this since he had 6 vans and couldn't afford to update to Dev wands at this time.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Tom, do you suggest cutting some relief between the glide bridges on the 14" Dev? Trying to find a way to cut down on the ridge pattern without extensive grooming. I do have a hole glide that I haven't tried out yet.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
As far as I am concerned we shouldn't buy glides from anybody but Lisa @ GreenGlides.

They invested way more than they had too for everyone one of us. Even those who weren't in biz yet.

Long Live GreenGlides!

I'm forever grateful for Lisa and Greenie for taking up the challenge and pushing through the glide, and getting it to market.
And now Lisa continues the task of building and selling glides. Those are the only glides I will buy.

And she also gives her all to The Rusty Pug Retirement Ranch (on FB). She's tireless. If you guys can spare a few bucks or food donations, contact Lisa. She usually has at least 20 senior dogs (mostly Pugs) at her home at all times. And she has really involved herself and learned about dog treatment and care for her many infirm dogs. She's like a non-veterinarian, veterinarian, very knowledgeable about senior dog problems and treatments. God Bless Lisa!

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Just the other day I had a customer call me and say, " Dude you Devastator wand sent me back in time when we didn't have glides, I can't believe how aggressive this wand is even with a glide....
He ordered a hole glide, which he prefers, he was happy to get it on the wand.
You know it Tim! Now I understand why the 1.5" wand will work...Thanks for sending out that holed glide! Absolutely love cleaning with your wand!
I need to get that slot glide sent back to you. Will do on Monday.

• Haha
Reactions: TConway and Mikey P

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I first used lip glides on a modified Big Red wand (reworked to be like an AW29 ), then a green glide. Made it much easier! Tried a, what was it, a Big Boy from Magicwandco, and couldn't move it.
Eventually got the Greenhorn. It was just what I wanted.
Along with the glide, the angled jets to me is what makes it really work. Tweaking the Greenhorn design to get the Devastator and the Zipper just makes it work better. Tony gave me a good deal on a DangPro which works fantastic with the swivel.
The glide definitely makes it all work. Take that one piece away and it won't work.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom