Wand/TM Physics & Such...

hogjowl

Idiot™
I cleaned for years with a 2 in wand because drying times here in South Alabama are important. Both me and my son used 2 in Devastator wands. He still does. I went to a 1.5 inch Devastator somewhere around 2 years ago. My old age body needed a break. I don’t see any appreciable difference in dry times. I’m willing to accept that there is, but I’m not experiencing it. And my customers aren’t complaining.

I’m not a moron though, and my wand technique is beyond reproach.

So, that might explain it.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I remember when Mikey interviewed Courtney. Courtney using a Devastator 14” was discussed with Courtney touting how much better the dry times were with the Devastator as compared to his old wand. Courtney’s wand prior to the Devastator was the Mach 12, which most people would agree is a high performance wand.

The difference? The Devastator is a 2” wand.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
oh my
Don't need a glide on a AW29.
Doesn't make any difference is dry times and it cleans better without one
(with TM 45 and 47 blower @12-14hg anyway)

..L.T.A.
That's where your ignorance is showing. You've been out of the game too long. I have a glided and an unglided aw29 that I normally use with my portables. I always thought that the unglided would dry better but it doesn't. I use a 6 flow glided aw29 with my large portable and get truck mount comparable dry times. The unglided one leaves the carpet too wet. I have a 2 in Westpak glided wand with a 12 inch head. That gives me my best drying times but not really a lot more than the mach 12. Like Marty says, I also do premium wand strokes.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I havent had any complaints about the 12" 1.5 Devastator wand, in fact I have 4 customers that have come back and bought more because they are very happy with the recovery and how maneuverable it is.
So far everyone is very happy with it, I use it 95% of the time over my 14" wand.
I am doing a job his nextThursday due to a referral from the neighbors....I used the 12 1.5 and she was so impressed with how clean and DRY her carpet was.
If I was getting negative feedback from my customers that are buying the 12, I wouldn't sell them anymore, no one has called and said it is a pos, just the opposite.
You could possibly try a hole glide and see if this would help, you keep saying it is locking down, and that isn't what you want it to do.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
That's where your ignorance is showing.

think that would be your ignorance showing
I've had glides since Klepto Ken Harris first starting hawking them .
and then nothing but GreenGlides since

Notched my Ti wand and had all three glides for it
(pitched GreenGlide off the AW29 after a couple weeks)

It doesn't make much difference on CGD, but unglided cleans cut pile better ..period

..L.T.A.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I havent had any complaints about the 12" 1.5 Devastator wand, in fact I have 4 customers that have come back and bought more because they are very happy with the recovery and how maneuverable it is.
So far everyone is very happy with it, I use it 95% of the time over my 14" wand.
I am doing a job his nextThursday due to a referral from the neighbors....I used the 12 1.5 and she was so impressed with how clean and DRY her carpet was.
If I was getting negative feedback from my customers that are buying the 12, I wouldn't sell them anymore, no one has called and said it is a pos, just the opposite.
You could possibly try a hole glide and see if this would help, you keep saying it is locking down, and that isn't what you want it to do.
Oh, it’s not a POS at all, it’s beautiful and built great. It cleans great I’m just noticing noticeably longer dry times.

I’d like to try a different glide - it seems like most here have the short slotted glide.

How do I get a different glide?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
2 inch wands pull out more water with each pass.
Real men use 2 inch wands.
But sometimes ill use a 1.5 inch wand when cleaning woven rugs-- cuz i want less suction.
Recently i forgot my 14/2 dev wand at the shop and i was an hour from home base- so i was forced to use my 1.5 wand-- my arms felt like i had the day off.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
But sometimes ill use a 1.5 inch wand when cleaning woven rugs-- cuz i want less suction.
Recently i forgot my 14/2 dev wand at the shop and i was an hour from home base- so i was forced to use my 1.5 wand-- my arms felt like i had the day off.
I have the opposite experience. The Devastator 12” is a bitch to push and I’m a strong dude. Tim is probably right, it’s locking down too much.

I don’t know - I’m just ready to try a different glide I guess.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I have the opposite experience. The Devastator 12” is a bitch to push and I’m a strong dude. Tim is probably right, it’s locking down too much.

I don’t know - I’m just ready to try a different glide I guess.

Let me clarify, my 1.5 is a hydramaster evolution wand with holes instead of slots in the glide.-- so That makes it easier to push.
I could never use a 12 inch wand, i need to get the job done quickly before my OCD turns into ADD. 🤤😆😄
Sometimes i wish my 14 was a 16.

My dev wand is saving me money on fuel. When i was using my POS mytee swivel wand which leacked alot, i would compensates by increasing the RPMs. Now my Tm just purrs.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
think that would be your ignorance showing
I've had glides since Klepto Ken Harris first starting hawking them .
and then nothing but GreenGlides since

Notched my Ti wand and had all three glides for it
(pitched GreenGlide off the AW29 after a couple weeks)

It doesn't make much difference on CGD, but unglided cleans cut pile better ..period

..L.T.A.
Not my experience but your welcome to your own opinion. Good lord knows you have enough of them.

Reactions: Mikey P

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I have a hole glide for the 12" wand.
I try and explain to guys that just because the 12 is a 1.5 tube, it still has very good suction, if you go back and read the thread about the 12" tour, most of the guys didnt like it because it had to much suck.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
What are the weights of the 14" and 12" Devistator wands?

The Devistator website says the 14" wands are out of stock. When will they be available?

Much obliged.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Not my experience but your welcome to your own opinion.

not an opinion, Ron
it's based on observation .

I may have seen more ratholes than most here with the kabillion student rentals and sec 8's we've restored over the years.
and I've always made time to do evaluations on chems and gear

unglided simply cleans cut pile better/deeper/faster
without having to turn up PSI to 600+

as far as opinions
You know what "they" say.
But may not know what "I" say

"Only one matters.....MINE"

1564227005893.png

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So for any future purchases...Get the 14" with the slotted glide and for the female hands that push the wand, get the 12" with the hole glide.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
not an opinion, Ron
it's based on observation .

I may have seen more ratholes than most here with the kabillion student rentals and sec 8's we've restored over the years.
and I've always made time to do evaluations on chems and gear

unglided simply cleans cut pile better/deeper/faster
without having to turn up PSI to 600+

as far as opinions
You know what "they" say.
But may not know what "I" say

"Only one matters.....MINE"

View attachment 92520

..L.T.A.
I’d rather just run a CRB first and then use a glided wand. Makes me want to keep cleaning carpet for a living by the end of the day when I don’t work too hard.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
oh
you're one of those cupcakes too lazy to use a rotary or RE and pretend you're doing as good with a lil peeder brush....... :lol:

BTW, it's easier/faster to nuke them, crank the heat to hell temp (240+) and rock 'n roll

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I use the 2 inch wand when I want less suction. For example I have a customer with very large viscose rugs. The 2 inch wand doesn't leave such deep wand marks as the 1.5. less suction, more airflow.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I'd bet $100 I could go cleaning with FDA and spot the source his conundrum in less than 2 minutes.

#sumtingtaintright.
Well, I pull back while laying on the spray, pull the wand off the carpet for a half a second and then push forward for a dry stroke.

No sure how else I could do it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom