Wand valves, brackets and fittings... Nothing fits this dumb wand! Any advice?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
View attachment 1837View attachment 1838

The wand is a prochem ti. I think it's an older one, because I don't remember hearing anyone having issues like this, maybe the valve bracket is different now? Don't know.

The valve in the photo is a westpak and is too tall. I also tried 3 valves off other tools, none fit... A stainless valve fit(the holes), but the trigger was to close to the tube, couldn't squeeze the trigger!

The wand came with a prochem valve that leaked, from what I've read they all leak, even new. So, it seems pointless to pay a hundred bucks for a leaky valve. Rebuild kit is 45$, but the whole valve is pretty beat up.

Any suggestions on getting this wand going?

Ohhh, and what's the name of the fitting below? My hardware store does not carry these.
View attachment 1839

Anyone know why prochem uses 3/8" wand hose and not 1/4"? Seems like 3/8" would be a "flow" killer?

Ron K

Buy a Drill Press Slow RPM,s use a little cutting oil and wear your safety goggles and watch out for hot chips. I'd put a piece of wood on the table and use a C-clamp too.
I just switched my Steam-Way wand to a soft touch valve...no problems.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
yours is more designed for this valve..........notice the slot in it......

IMG_0545_zps3c6d3361.jpg

just get one of those and be done with it.....it is a better valve anyway......

the fitting looks like a 3/8 standard thread with a 1/4 inch flare fitting at the end......

just about every supply line from the wand valve to the jets is a 1/4 inch.....it does not effect the flow.....look at the little bitty hole that is in the wand valve.......

Last edited:
Name
BradFenstermaker
Go check out Ace Hardware. Look for thin screws that will go thru what little hole you have available. They also will have some little plastic spacer/washers. Get nylon lock nuts for the other side.

Its tricky to line up spacer between the valve and stock mounting plates.

Joe Bristor sent me a similar ti wand mounting kit for the westpak vavle. Those screws are very small like 2 toothpicks thick or less.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
You can call Olsen he has a kit for the wands with these litlle brackets that snug up the valve to the bracket on the wand.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Thanks guys.

I actually have that SS valve and the spacer kit... Just wasn't working.

I ended up having to bend the trigger away from tube, it was too loose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom