Warning CRB Users

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Just to let u know. You Top 25 cleaners need to watch the aggressive brushes on theses machines. Hacks like Lippold will never see the Top 25 cuz of all the fibers they are tearing off the carpet. These guys will tell you its just loose staple fiber. Im callin Bullshit on this one. These guys are digging up more then dog or pubic hairs. They are tearing up peoples carpet. They should pay for full replacement. Dont get lazy and leave the 175 on the truck. CRBs have there place but not the way some of theses Hacks are using them. Take care Top 25ers and remember you are Like REEL family to me.

Golden Boy

Name
I'm Rick James
I use the Tim Sebo for prescrubbing and never damaged the carpet like that. Better hope they don't clean their carpet more than 3 times..

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Just out of curiosity, what do you pay for your Host brushes over there ??

I recently got some prices down under after I was able to track the dealer down.

Made me wish I hadn't found them.

Had to hook up to my van's battery and jump start the pace maker again. :shock:

Brushes cost more than the flamin' machine. thathurts

Shorty.

G

greentech

bdwa said:
I use the Tim Sebo for prescrubbing and never damaged the carpet like that. Better hope they don't clean their carpet more than 3 times..

I talked to a guy in a vacuum store about buying a Sebo Duo for agitating my pre-spray. He told me that the Sebo would not hold up, that it is just a home owner's machine.

How is the longevity of your Sebo?

Name
Ron lippold
Listen here walldork. When you clean full time and do real work we might listen to you. Thats the best pre scrubber in the business. Cbr's kick ass.

Name
I'm Rick James
greentech said:
bdwa said:

I talked to a guy in a vacuum store about buying a Sebo Duo for agitating my pre-spray. He told me that the Sebo would not hold up, that it is just a home owner's machine.

How is the longevity of your Sebo?

I'm six months in with no issue. I use it most every job, the customers get a kick out of it. From searching about the Sebo on MB, a lot of people like it for a light weight pre-scrubber.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Sebo makes a good show, but it doesn't have the weight or power to do any serious digging. I had mine for 3 months and threw it in the trash. Most of the time it just kinda floated on top the carpet and skipped around a bit. POS in my book. Better find a nice safe place for it to ride around in as well, not a very durable tool.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I use the Sebo for a light scrub, the Whittaker for a deep scrub.
Been using the same Sebo since 2007. It been in the shop for a couple issues, but its been working great. A friend has been using his since 2009 with fewer issues than mine.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I got an oversize stainless lint baskets on my rig. Can't count the number of times the basket was completly impacted with carpet fiber when using an RX-20.

My whittaker (w/ white brushes) is no worse. And a hell of a lot easier to train someone on than a rotary extractor or swing machine. Also, much easier to transport, navigate stairs, and fits in the van batter.

If your interested I'll trade you a RX-20 high efficency for your CRB. With or without greenglides, your choice.

Bob Foster

Ron Lippold said:
Listen here walldork. When you clean full time and do real work we might listen to you. Thats the best pre scrubber in the business. Cbr's kick ass.

What Waldo doesn't understand is there are 3 or 4 different stiffnesses of brushes for Whittaker and even the Host machines. What is a dumb move is to be too lazy to switch them out to lighter ones when required. Most of the time the mediums work best.

And no 175 will ever pull pet hair out of a carpet like a Whittaker does.

So Waldo if you want the top 25 to be anywhere legit then CCers should have both a CRB with at least two brush stiffenesses and a 175 with two types of pads on their truck. And I bet Ron does, as do I. Actually I have a SEBO duo brush on their too that I mostly use on stairs.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Bob you are about as big of a idiot as Hacolld. I have and use a CRB and have three sets of brushes on my truck. You need to catch up on some of these threads now that you are back from another one of your pouting episodes. These threads of these guys using these machines are pulling out a lot more then pet hair. There is a difference between pullin up dog hair compared to strippin out a carpet fiber.

Golden Boy

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
78503877.jpg

So what you are saying is that I damaged this carpet and don't know what I am doing?

S

sam miller

Just a thought a new carpet will release a ton of carpet fibers in the first year after that a lot less.

I like my rx20 with mytee hybrid glides floats like a butterfly stings like a bee.

Bob Foster

Waldo what makes you think the guys that use these CRBs daily don't understand how to use them without shredding a carpet?

I think that cold weather is affecting more than your disposition.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
dealtimeman said:
78503877.jpg

So what you are saying is that I damaged this carpet and don't know what I am doing?

I say that you pulled up way too much fiber in that carpet. I use the same machine you use daily. Just seeing the deep grooves in the carpet says the brushes are too aggressive.

I'm not saying replace the carpet, I am just saying you need to be more careful when you use aggressive brushes on that machine. What color are your brushes?

Name
I'm Rick James
dealtimeman said:
78503877.jpg

Its really what the customer says.. If I was a customer and saw that I would think your machine is to aggressive for prescrubbing.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
idreadnought said:
dealtimeman said:
78503877.jpg

I say that you pulled up way too much fiber in that carpet. I use the same machine you use daily. Just seeing the deep grooves in the carpet says the brushes are too aggressive.

I'm not saying replace the carpet, I am just saying you need to be more careful when you use aggressive brushes on that machine. What color are your brushes?

Brushes are white and told they are the softest Available.

This customer was to have their carpets replaced in a week and I convinced them to let me restore it. They were very excited when they saw the end result.

I should have taken before and afters on this one as it had never been cleaned professionally before and house had to be at least ten years old. I have recieved a few jobs from this job alone and I believe I am going to have a strong repeat and receding customer, they were that happy.

One side note, the husband thought that after I had a scrubbed the Prespray in with the crb and vacced up all the debris I was done and was ready to Pay me. I had to explain to him I was barely beginning to clean and I was now going to extract.

Again they were very happy to not have the cost of replacing there matted down very heavily soiled carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom