waste clean out caps....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
normally the caps have a square top that sticks up and I just put a channel locks on it and twist it off...

lately I have been seeing more and more of this type..and cant seem to locate anything that I can use to remove it....

any thoughts....

IMG_6044.jpg

Name
Nate W.
A really big screw driver.... Or maybe the end side of a 12" crescent wrench... At least that's my thoughts...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
as soon as ConnOrhEd is done playing "whack-a-mole" with Bri-ann, he'll be along to tell us which is the best tool...
he's a plumber and Honeydipper extraordinaire , you know !gotcha!

.l.T.A.

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
i like those caps,,esp on the commercial accts,,with the other caps,,vandals can take them off easy and put all sorts of crap down the sewer line,,, can make cleaning out a line a PITA!!!

Connor

Name
Connor
They make a tool, but I use the curved end of my channel locks.

If the cap is deep in a valve box or under the floor, i use the blade end of a five foot digging bar and turn it with a pipe wrench.

170SATHUMB.gif

Looks like that, but about five feet long. I got it from Home depot.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
We use the prybar. The one that is about a foot and a half long. the curved end fits in there nice and you just turn them. (i think they are about an inch and a half wide and pretty flat)

There is also another type around here that looks exactly the same except it won't twist off. It needs to be just "popped" off all together and pushed back on when finished.
I learned it the hard way...by breaking a couple I was trying to turn and twist.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I have the big metal jacks thingy ... and it will not work with the
plastic caps, it only works for the brass ones. For those I use a
small flat pry bar.
Luis

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom