Waste tank lid weather stripping

Swani

Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2016
Messages
1,777
Location
Montana
Name
Nick
My lid does not seem to be sealing that great. Is there a particular weather stripping or another product that anyone has found that works well? My tank is a Hydroforce 70 gal.
 

Cleanworks

Supportive Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2012
Messages
20,736
Location
New Westminster,BC
Name
Ron Marriott
I've used the same type of weather stripping that you put on your truck when installing a canopy. 3/4 to 1 inch wide, self adhesive. Just have to make sure the tank lid is clean and dry before applying. It will eventually fail but should give you a couple of years, then just replace it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rob Grady and Swani

Joseph225

Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2012
Messages
123
The first time mine failed on my 570, I tried some of the truck bed/canopy weatherstrip. It didn't hold up for long. You can purchase this stuff from Aramsco and Jon-Don, and it's the same as what comes on the lid, originally. I usually go to Lowe's and get the most expensive tube of caulk adhesive that's designed for wet environment, and use it to apply the material. Let sit overnight, and you're good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mikey P and Swani

Rob Grady

Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2016
Messages
304
Location
Sauble Beach, Ontario
Name
Rob Grady
After being ripped off by one of my suppliers, who led me to purchase some overpriced closed cell foam stripping along with a $50.00 tube of sealant, which was totally inadequate R&R, i purchased this product.
100% satisfaction and a breeze to install.

20210124_091032.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cleanworks
Joined
Jun 20, 2016
Messages
5,203
Location
Bc
Name
Jeff T
Just glue the Yoga Mat on and then trim it after it dries?
Actually, I took off the waste tank lid, and the blower lid. I scrapped off the old stuff, cleaned the heck out of it, then cleaned it again with a solvent. Once it’s COMPLETELY DRY, I then took measurements of the interior of both lids. I used a sharpie, a yard stick, and traced it out for both. I then lay the mat on a piece of plywood, use the yard stick as a guide, and cut it with a new snap blade. The width was around an inch and a 1/2....
I then dry fit it, once satisfied, I then applied the carpet tape, and then the new gasket....
Did the same for both....
Oh, I then used a hair dryer to get the new gasket nice and warm, to help the bond between the tape and gasket....
This was 4 years ago, and it has yet to tear, or delam...

This is how I did mine anyway, I’m sure there are other good solutions, BUT, by going this route, I still have enough material left over to do 2 more....

Best part is, it cost me around 20$ for materials....
 

Latest posts

Top Bottom