Waste tank lid weather stripping

Name
Swani
My lid does not seem to be sealing that great. Is there a particular weather stripping or another product that anyone has found that works well? My tank is a Hydroforce 70 gal.

Name
Jeff T
My lid does not seem to be sealing that great. Is there a particular weather stripping or another product that anyone has found that works well? My tank is a Hydroforce 70 gal.
Go get a neoprene yoga mat....
Cut to suit.... 14451BA3-F7A6-4C00-A035-589F302FEECD.png

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've used the same type of weather stripping that you put on your truck when installing a canopy. 3/4 to 1 inch wide, self adhesive. Just have to make sure the tank lid is clean and dry before applying. It will eventually fail but should give you a couple of years, then just replace it.

Joseph225

The first time mine failed on my 570, I tried some of the truck bed/canopy weatherstrip. It didn't hold up for long. You can purchase this stuff from Aramsco and Jon-Don, and it's the same as what comes on the lid, originally. I usually go to Lowe's and get the most expensive tube of caulk adhesive that's designed for wet environment, and use it to apply the material. Let sit overnight, and you're good.

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
After being ripped off by one of my suppliers, who led me to purchase some overpriced closed cell foam stripping along with a $50.00 tube of sealant, which was totally inadequate R&R, i purchased this product.
100% satisfaction and a breeze to install.

20210124_091032.jpg

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Jeff T
Just glue the Yoga Mat on and then trim it after it dries?
Actually, I took off the waste tank lid, and the blower lid. I scrapped off the old stuff, cleaned the heck out of it, then cleaned it again with a solvent. Once it’s COMPLETELY DRY, I then took measurements of the interior of both lids. I used a sharpie, a yard stick, and traced it out for both. I then lay the mat on a piece of plywood, use the yard stick as a guide, and cut it with a new snap blade. The width was around an inch and a 1/2....
I then dry fit it, once satisfied, I then applied the carpet tape, and then the new gasket....
Did the same for both....
Oh, I then used a hair dryer to get the new gasket nice and warm, to help the bond between the tape and gasket....
This was 4 years ago, and it has yet to tear, or delam...

This is how I did mine anyway, I’m sure there are other good solutions, BUT, by going this route, I still have enough material left over to do 2 more....

Best part is, it cost me around 20$ for materials....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom