waste water gate valve

G

i have one of these gate valves at the end of my pvc pipe comming out of the waste tank my pvc runs along the floor on the side of the machine to the gate valve i want to replace it with a ball valve is it better to have a pvc ball valve or a copper ball valve my gate valve is a 2 inch is it easy to replace with a ball valve can any one tell me where to get either one and maybe a picture thanks

starrett

try the local farm supply store. 2 inch plastic ball valves very common in ag applications. five years on the one on my butler no problems.

Farenheit251

I think it is the rubber seal that goes bad not the pvc or brass. Occasionally I will get a staple or pin stuck in the seal. Lowes or Ace should have the valve. At Lowes I also got a black rubber pipe cap to go on the end of my drain. Good for avoiding any accidental leaks or if you are just too lazy to replace a leaky valve. Valves never last long for me but it is just the slightest trickle and the cap works fine.

John Watson

Just another nugget of info on keeping your "gate, ball or guillatene valve" lasting longer. After draining waste tank, with drain valve still open, turn on blower, block off hose intake as you slowly close drain valve. This will suck sand and other debris from the seats. I use to get 1-2 years and have a drippy drain valve. Haven't changed one in many a moons.

Able 1

Name
Keith
DSCI0537.jpg

And be done with it... My PVC valve was a pita to open since day one. After I broke off both ears on the pvc valve I bought that one.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Able 1 said:
DSCI0537.jpg

That's a sweet smooth easy to open and close valve. You can get it at ChemDry, er, I mean Home Depot: they also have plastic ball valves. They don't cost much, certainly much less than the $99 White Magic charged me for a plastic ball valve that failed again in a year.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
The PVC valve on my WM 1200 started leaking. I just pulled it out, cleaned the ball, applied a thin coat of plumbers grease, and it worked like new.

Name
BradFenstermaker
You can get a new gate valve at the local RV supply.

That pvc valve blows go with a copper if you change them out. Tractor supply or Lowe's.

The instructions on running blower before closing is right on.

You should get a few couplers to mate the ball valve to and some pvc glue. Plan is out while your at the store so you don't have to go back.

I keep a little 2in pvc in the garage just for patches like this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom