Watch out

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The most important part of a Pro1200 purchase for the end user is the proper installation of the machine with the drive shaft. Done properly and you will not have to do anything for five or six years or 5-6 thousand hours aside from annual oil changes.. A little bit off and you will endure constant repairs on the clutches, belts (every 3-4 hundred hours) possibly the blower itself, which should never need repair in a proper install. Whether you save a $thousand or two up front is irrelevent, and so is who you buy it from.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Butler feels so strongly about this that they allow NO ONE but their own shop in MA to do installs or re-installs. They came to this position after previously having distributors.

Even Prochem with all their engineering power couldn't get the van-powered TM to work well. They now private label a Cleanco, a company that specializes in them.

A little screwup and you've toasted a machine...and a van. SS probably did Chris a favor, and hopefully he can still sell chemicals to this customer.

Magic One

I agree with fancypack. It was a low blow an they lost my respect and sales. So why become a Sapphire dist. when you can buy the machine from any one. The PC and Cleanco deal is totally different from this deal. Butler, HM, PC, would never let that happen.

Tony Dees

Fact is SS violated contractural agreement, and needs to pay equal commision to the distributor that got screwed.

No matter how you paint it Bruder, your firm screwed him. Pay the man and chalk it up. If not, you know this will come home to roost.

Magic One said:
I agree with fancypack. It was a low blow an they lost my respect and sales. So why become a Sapphire dist. when you can buy the machine from any one. The PC and Cleanco deal is totally different from this deal. Butler, HM, PC, would never let that happen.

The guy did buy the machine from a Sapphire distributor, but I can see why Chris was pissed. It's not like the machine was just sitting around. I could be wrong on this, but the machine was likely built to order and Chris is the one that started the sale. Sapphire should have looked out for him, but this is business and stuff like that happens. What I don't understand is why he was even in the deal if the guy wanted to buy from someone else.

Magic One

I checked jon-don webside and they are a dist. which I did't know. I thought they where not a dist. That changes the story. They should have worked with fancypack. Sapphire figured they would work with the money people. Sap will learn, what comes around goes around.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Is it agreed now that both parties ARE authorized distributors for SS??

Because if it is, the fact that the manufacturer is in anyway being dragged into this because one distributor's vagina is hurt because they were merely "shopped" by a customer, and lost the sale because their COMPETITOR simply beat their price, is kind of silly.

WHAAAAAAA!!!!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Goomer said:
Is it agreed now that both parties ARE authorized distributors for SS??

Because if it is, the fact that the manufacturer is in anyway being dragged into this because one distributor's vagina is hurt because they were merely "shopped" by a customer, and lost the sale because their COMPETITOR simply beat their price, is kind of silly.

WHAAAAAAA!!!!

LOL- I'm so confused that I have no idea what the deal is but it is amazing to me that this is brought to a bb. I have bought many many pieces of equipment from distributors out of my market because of reasons I will keep to myself rather than publicize. If I wasn't allowed to do that by some kind of archaic reasoining that I had to buy from the distributor I would not so business with a manufacturer would have lost their opportunity through that reasoning and that makes no sense to me as a business person. For whatever reason: be it money; personality; perception of service etc., it seems this guy decided to buy from someone else. Deal with it and move on.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
A final note
There is no contractual relationship and no exclusive territory. We didn't work with one distributor over another and never do. This was a customer choice and one that we support

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I dont understand why a distributor would come on the Board here and basically tell us cleaners that their prices are high and that people should shop around before buying from them cuz they will probably get it cheaper. Oh well. I think I will go on craigslist now and complain about customers getting ther carpets cleaned by another carpet cleaner for less money.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
The question is "was the interlink that sold the unit a real distributer of SS?"
If not then SS was in the wrong if they are a distributer then no foul.

F

FB7777

Dmreed4311 said:
The question is "was the interlink that sold the unit a real distributer of SS?"
If not then SS was in the wrong if they are a distributer then no foul.

In the first post Chris claims they were not a distributor however , it sounds like they are a distributor.

Totally agree with Ken, this is business boys, unless there is some contractual breach grow a set

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
What Joel said!

Shop around, stay away from the big boys...

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I completely support free market principles and choose not to purchase from local distys, but this "relationship" between manufacture and distributor seems murky. Maybe some can clear it up.
Bill Bruders said:
A final note
There is no contractual relationship and no exclusive territory. We didn't work with one distributor over another and never do. This was a customer choice and one that we support
Then anyone can hang a shingle, call themselves a distributor and order product from SS? Why should the end user be abligated to even go through a distributor on big ticket items that aren't even held in stock? Just asking.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Sales and service are supported by Sapphire Scientific Distributors specially selected for their knowledge of and experience with Sapphire Scientific products. :from the above link

I noted the steep learning curve that has made successful CDS and PTO TM mfgs become very restrictive about WHO installs their units. Butler and Cleanco come to mind. Prochem finally learned and backed off.

I like Chris, but I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig buyer of the FIRST machine installed in his shop. Been there done that with other manufacturers and I'm gunshy. I had an 85 Butler. (yes I'm old).

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Bill Bruders said:
dealtimeman said:
packfancjh said:
but the only thing that is happening at Sapphire and all other Legend Brands companies is that our products have become so popular that distributors fight over the opportunity to sell them. :lol:

A little too early to tell Bill.
Congrats on the sale of your company to another big brother company. Was it built to be sold from the get go?

The tell tell sign for the real quality of the machine you make is the service department, not the head honcho public face of the company.
Once we get the word that your machines show up the least for repair we'll get back to you.

And before you get all your distributes on line, lined up in a row, to testify, make note: The distributor means diddly here (you know, like Bo.) We go to the mechanics, the people that actually fix the machines and we ask them in person. When the owner is not lurking around.

So far some other companies have a better track record.
Which means: Big bro still got their work cut out for them.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Wow, that purchaser is a real dumbass!

He is in your town but buys a unit from a distributor 2.5 hours away.

5-hour trip for warranty work? WTF was he thinking? :shock:

I there is less worry with a direct drive vs a slide in but still. 5-hours round trip.

Mikey P

Administrator
Lee has a good point

Chris,how many PTO/CDS units has your mechanic installed?

Regardless, if whats his name, the ex steamway,, vegas dude, really lied to you about the whole dealings that was not cool.

but...

in this day and age making the customer happy and satisfied is going to be top priority.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
None of this is my business, but - if it's a fact that the rep wouldn't or didn't return a phone call that would scare me away from SS. That is something a phucking gutless coward does. Or if they need to be outed in a public fashion to get a response- again gutless and pathetic.

John Watson

Again I am confused, as far as warranty work or serviceing, Isn't it in most dist. packs that they will be available to service and repair all of the manufactures products that they are a distributer for??

Something like this happened years ago with a different Manu. I believe the auto dealerships have a similar clause.

If not maybe they should so we the consumer get one less screwing..

On my shaft drive, having it installed, last time it cost over $4000 just for the install. $2200 for the time before, same unit differant trucks. Drive shaft now next to passenger seat instead of drivers..

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
packfancjh said:
http://www.sapphirescientific.com/SSX_DistributorListings_NorthAmerica.aspx
Proline is the SS disty for the Sacramento area not the company that the deal went through. That's why there needed to be a head honcho at SS to approve the deal they lied about.

Chris your allegations just are not true.
1. While Proline is an "authorized dealer" for Sacramento that means we send sales leads to them not that we force customers to purchase from them. That would be illegal.
2. If a cleaner from Washington wants to buy a unit from a dealer in Florida thats their decision not ours.
3. We pay warranty at $70 per hour regardless of who the distributor is and where the unit was purchased as long as they are properly trained. Now if people choose not to work on someones machine well it's their business and we aren't/can't make them.
4. Unlike this situation which you took public we don't share information publically or even within the distributor network about who buys what where because that would be unethical. When a dealer tells us they have a sale for a machine we take the order and get them what they need. We don't ask a bunch of questions about who they are selling to and where and then call up other distributors and let them know there's a sale to compete for. So I hope you understand that we just won't answer your questions or anyones elses about a sale to another dealer.
5. This sale is over, the customer has made their decision we are not going to rewrite history. I doubt you will have to work with this customer in the future.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Bill if you want to paint me to be the bad guy go for it if it makes you feel better. I'm done. Richard I have a family member that has a cleaning business but we do not.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do you feel that's the reason why he didn't buy it from you? or Did it come down to a price difference?

Something had to make the guy buy from 2.5 hours away when he could have bought from his own town.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom