Water Claw verses JonDon DryPro Water Vac

Trekguy

I am thinking of guy one of these for my business.

I am tempted to buy the JonDon one since it is a lot less money. (Almost HALF the cost) However, I don't want to buy it and end up spending that same amount again plus another $200 on top of it for the Water Claw. ...if it IS worth the difference in the cost.

I am mainly wanting to use it for urin odor and stains.

Any thoughts you have would be apprecaited!

Thanks!
Andrew

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
OE-DPWV-EA.jpg

I'm sure it will work, but those plastic slots that hold the handle in place scare me.
I 'd be worried about my fat ass snapping one off.
I'm not crazy about the hose connection pointing straight up either.
Have you looked at the Flash xtractor?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Stay away from the Pro Vac. I ordered one and it cracked on both plastic bases where the arm connects. They honored their 2 year warranty and sent another (although I ask to upgrade to the waterclaw) the new one cracked in same place when I used it 2 weeks after receiving it. I might have a pic somewhere.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I've had a medium waterclaw for about 5 years and it's just starting to show some wear. Getting a little rusty at the metal base. I don't think it will ever break. I hate companies that try to profit off someone else's invention.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
KevinL said:
I've had a medium waterclaw for about 5 years and it's just starting to show some wear. Getting a little rusty at the metal base. I don't think it will ever break. I hate companies that try to profit off someone else's invention.

I've got a med and large water claw. True that the handle holder and handle rod is rusting. And the ball clips for adjusting the arm have rusted away. I replaced them with a pin/spring clip to secure the handle in place.

My question is....how long do you hold the claw in place? If you hold it in one spot long enough it will continue to extract water.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
My flash extractor is still holding up well. I'd stay with Water claw (either the original or the flash).

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
rwcarpet said:
KevinL said:
My question is....how long do you hold the claw in place? If you hold it in one spot long enough it will continue to extract water.

Ive been playing with my flash extractor a lot since the 2 storms.
I think that after the first 10-15 seconds, most of the water directly under the tool has been extracted. After that, depending on how much water there is, it seems as if it starts to draw from the surrounding area. It's easy to get fooled at first, and leave it in the same place, because you do continue to see water being extracted. At first I had to fight the urge to stay in the same place and almost force myself to keep moving. It seems if the carpet/pad was totally saturated in a large area, it will always look as if there is a little water flowing through the clear tube. I think you have to be satisfied with 90% removal, as it will continue to trickle in no matter how long you leave it. I am getting good results by starting my "grid" in a corner, or against a wall if possible, 10-15 seconds in one spot and move to the next adjacent area with no overlap. With my Flash xtractor, after the first pass on an large area, I keep one foot on it, and using the handle to keep it in place under my foot as I lift my foot, walk around with it under my foot, over that same area, doing another quick grid to see if I get a greater return in any particular spot.

Name
Brad Gouveia
It is half the price because it will not last as long. I had my claws for years now never any problems/breaks. You may want to get a spot claw if your mainly doing pet spot. Plus it is cheaper.

Trekguy

Thanks guys for all the great comments!! Looks like I will end up going with the water claw. Now it will be simply deciding on what size!!!

Thanks!!
Andrew

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
You may want to consider the Flash Xtractor which is also made by Water Claw. It comes in a spotter model and a medium size. Works well, durable and less money than the original Water Claw.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Goomer said:
OE-DPWV-EA.jpg

I'm sure it will work, but those plastic slots that hold the handle in place scare me.
I 'd be worried about my fat ass snapping one off.
I'm not crazy about the hose connection pointing straight up either.
Have you looked at the Flash xtractor?

I bought one from Jon Don and the first time I used the plastic slots snapped right off. It sucked up the water just as good as a water claw but the handle is pure crap. Jon don gave me my money back with no questions asked.

Able 1

Name
Keith
KevinL said:

Trekguy

Ok... my next question is what size should I get? I am mainly going to use it for pet urin odors and stain removal.

Thanks!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
@ least the medium, which is the same size as the regular flash extractor.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
You guys want to know a great trick to flush urine with the waterclaw??
Soak the spot with your usual pet treatment and let it dwell a few minutes, then while your waterclaw is on top of the spot, put your wand right up close and let her rip. Keep flushing until it runs clear and finish clawing for a few seconds.

R

Robbie

atleast a medium...i like the water claw better too...i was once told by a bpt rep to not overlap because the water creates a seal and you get better suction....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom