Water everywhere in Kentucky and Tennesse

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
We have been so busy today! We have had lots of calls in Nashville as well. Daniel I bet your busy as hell in Memphis!

Name
Al
1st.
I am not a storm chaser, I am under contract and already have work. It has been 6 years going in after the storms and never had to knock on doors looking for work. That is do to networking with other companys and setting the work up before they need us.

2nd.
There is no bidding here we have set prices and get paid 100%, most of the time within 30 days.

ron markam

Too bad Al u are not coming to Nashville it is a total disaster here .I have lived here almost 20 years and have never seen anything like this.Water damage guys are gonna get totally paid.

joeynbgky said:
WOW, You would think there was enough water damage companies in Memphis to take care of that.

There are but not enough equipment. I do very little restoration work. However this past winter we had a spell for two weeks that the temp never got above 20. A lot of my customers had busted pipes. I was lucky to be able to rent all the dehus I needed from a guy that brought tractor trailer loads of equipment in. I am no expert in the restoration side of this business, but it would seem to me that if you rely on insurance leads, the insurance companies and adjusters would have you by the balls. I would see no other way to compete with the larger firms without some serious kickbacks. I have gotten several calls from three year old yp ads with flooded houses. The problem is these people only want someone to just suck the water out for the cheapest price. I usually just hang up or say I don't have time.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
albradham said:
1st.
I am not a storm chaser, I am under contract and already have work. It has been 6 years going in after the storms and never had to knock on doors looking for work. That is do to networking with other companys and setting the work up before they need us.

2nd.
There is no bidding here we have set prices and get paid 100%, most of the time within 30 days.

Al - I hope my comment didn't offend you. I know with a lot of OTHER companies, play the bidding game. Mainly for the storm chasing type.

John Buxton

Yea Al,

I wasn't meaning that you were a storm chaser, just meant that "they" will be there in force.

Here's my distributor (Great people) in Cincinnati who may have equipment;

Advantage Marketing, Inc.

Kentucky
Show Room & Service Center
1489 Jamike Ave. Erlanger, KY. 41018
1-800-379-5573

Al

Are storm chasers bad? When are you a storm chaser? I chased a storm to NJ, I had some qualfied leads but found plenty of extra work by walk up's, never knocked on doors, Would I have? No, I dont feel comfortable with that
I love working hard and challenges of drying, so I had a blast! It was like I found my calling shiteatinggrin! I had no flood work so it seemed like a plan 8)

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
9 pumps outs so far today.... and 23 extractions with waterclaw as well. These people dont wanna pay shit.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Drying Equipment Available!!

Cicero, IN-

Kurt Bolden's equipment rental company, Rent X, is staged just north of Nashville off I-65 at the Comfort Inn at 2407 Brick Church Pike. Thousands of pieces of drying equipment, (Phoenix dehumidifers and Lo-Amp fans) are available. Rates start at $4.00 / day for fans and $28.00 / day for dehus. Trailer mounted units are available also.
On site contact is Rick Prater, cell is 317- 379 -2776.
Talk to a company represenative 24/7 at 888 - 776 - 6708.

Rent X Equipment Fleet

Visit our website at http://www.hydro-systems.com or call 888-776-6708.

Joe Bristor

Richard,
Tell Bolden's that my friend Darrell Shaw of Elite Property Service is just 40 miles away, wireless Exactimate in hand.
He went there to bail out a family member, the opportunist he is, he'll probly want to get his hands wet on other jobs.

DARRELL -- KING OF WATER DAMAGE
ELITE PROPERTY SERVICE
PO 12607
EVERETT, WA 98206
360 755-9079

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Sad very sad. Out of town creeps show up in buses and never leave. Been two years. Creeps are still here. Lots of the small business owners will never rebound. My city is still a mess.

Golden Boy

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well, its tuesday 10:30 pm here. I just got in. Sunday 15 hours, 4hours of sleep. woke up Monday at 6 am my guys extracted all day. I worked the phones.. At 12 am I sent the guys home to sleep. I worked the rest of the night. I dropped the van off at 8 am at the office. My guys went back out. I worked the phones and did about 12 in home estimates. Checked on drying equipment, movbed fans around... All with no sleep. I have been awake since monday morning at 6 am it now tuesday at 10:30 pm. I did nap for about 30 minutes in the car waiting for a customer to show up...

Name
Lee Stockwell
All that water funnels thru my county, Kentucky Lake is at record high level and close to over the levee at KY dam with nowhere to go because of the added flooding downstream. The Coast Guard has closed the big rivers to all boat traffic. Billions in damage.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well, I just bid a job for a church, the basement was completely flooded, most of the water has been removed. Servpro bid $18,000 I bid it at $12,000 and got it. alot of the carpet has mold growing on it visibly. we will clean that. I dont take care of the restoration side of the business so I dont know much about the other stuff. Its sad that so many people lost everything. And all these companies (crooks) are making a killing off of it. Yes the money is nice but I wouldnt be able to sleep at night doing what these other guys do.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Monday we went from 4am till 9:30 pm. We just do the small jobs, I turned down over 10 jobs that we just couldn't get to or were to big for us to handle properly. Referred them to another cleaner Joeys, (you guys know Joey Pickett) since we have gotten 2 referrals for carpet cleaning back from them cuz their to busy with the water rest. jobs.

I like being able to pass referrals back and forth with another cleaner. I have the utmost respect for Joey he taught my IICRC class and used to eat with me often when I was in the restaurant business. Yeah, I'm responsible for that big hunk of a man!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Joey Pickett is awesome, we had him out here for training years ago. He is an excellent instructor.

He is a big guy too, he even makes Dan and I look small. :wink:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Joey.jpg

Joey Pickett, President of Service Consultants and Joey’s Carpet Care in Lexington, KY., is one of the industry's most popular instructors. Joey is certified by the IICRC as a master cleaner, restorer and senior carpet inspector. He is an approved IICRC instructor, trainer and consultant to the cleaning, restoration, insurance and carpet manufacturing industry. Joey's down to earth style of instruction offer an effective and enjoyable way to sharpen your cleaning and restoration skills.

ron markam

I thought when I saw Kurt Boldens trucks I recognized the name.He is set up down the street from where I live.It has been atrip to see all the out of state restoration companies in town.Not in a bad way but I had no idea people would come so far for work.I feel as long as people are being serviced honestly and with integrity I am cool. Peace!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom