Water Softener

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I have a fairly new set up and I’m considering adding in a water softener however I don’t want the big tank as it takes up too much room in my van. I wondered if there’s any alternatives and what you guys may be using?
like an in-line water softener for the fresh water supply line or similar.
If not would love any tips for the smallest softener tank available and easiest to re-generate.

Would love to keep this thing as clean as possible from hard water buildup and lessen the amount of D scaling I need to do.
Typically truckmount runs max 6hrs a day 5-6 days a week

TIA

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
The procam/hydroforce tanks only take up about 8 in of floor space if you don't use their rack it's not the end all of softeners but it's the cheapest and takes up the least room..

Or you can be like zerorez and just fill up your fresh tank and your morning jobs get the benefit of soft water

Reactions: Vivers

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I have a fairly new set up and I’m considering adding in a water softener however I don’t want the big tank as it takes up too much room in my van. I wondered if there’s any alternatives and what you guys may be using?
like an in-line water softener for the fresh water supply line or similar.
If not would love any tips for the smallest softener tank available and easiest to re-generate.

Would love to keep this thing as clean as possible from hard water buildup and lessen the amount of D scaling I need to do.
Typically truckmount runs max 6hrs a day 5-6 days a week

TIA
Putting some washing soda (sodium carbonate) in your fresh water tank should help. I don't know exactly how much to put per 100gallons of water, but it should help you avoid that water softener
does sodium carbonate soften hard water

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
With a water tank it would. Did you not pay attention in class when Mikey told Slide Guy
how to clean carpet from A to Z including using a acid rinse for his equipment I recall🤷🏼‍♂️ There you have it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
With a water tank it would. Did you not pay attention in class when Mikey told Slide Guy
how to clean carpet from A to Z including using a acid rinse for his equipment I recall🤷🏼‍♂️ There you have it.
He's wanting to avoid the need to descale the machine, and running soft water from the 100gallon supply tank is his goal. If you just run an acid rinse from the 5gallon rinse jug, it won't do any prevention to the machine

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
The procam/hydroforce tanks only take up about 8 in of floor space if you don't use their rack it's not the end all of softeners but it's the cheapest and takes up the least room..

Or you can be like zerorez and just fill up your fresh tank and your morning jobs get the benefit of soft water
I do not have a extra water belly tank on the truck we just use water from customers hose bibs

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I use an RV inline water softener in both of my vans. I also use an inline water filter going into each softener. You can easily recharge the softener when it is time. I use test strips to test the softness of the water.

Been working great for 20 years now.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I use an RV inline water softener in both of my vans. I also use an inline water filter going into each softener. You can easily recharge the softener when it is time. I use test strips to test the softness of the water.

Been working great for 20 years now.
Thanks so much would you mind telling me or give me the link to the one you use that you’ve been liking for so long

Reactions: BIG WOOD

sassyotto

Name
Paul
doesnt matter if you use it from a tank or from the customers house. You should have a softener between the water and your machine. Acid Rinse going out of the machine wont protect your machine in any way.

If your taking water off a customers house you absolutely need a softener!

Or if you just want to save the money and time, just dont get one and spend more money and time on keeping your machine free of buildup

DanW

You could put a Forever Clean on the incoming water line. It won’t take up any space in your van and it needs no maintenance. It’s not a water softener per se, but it changes the molecular structure of the water to protect your truck mount from scaling and also will aid in your cleaning. I‘ve been using one for 20 years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom