water temps............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
.what is the hottest you can get your water and not have trouble maintaining that temp.......

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
depends somewhat on outside air and flow on the wands

but can maintain 260 with 2 high flow wands in the summer, a little less in the winter

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Heat alone means zilch.

Quote temps with a flow rate, or jet size and pressure... and state where the measurement was taken.

230 to 240 at the wand, with the wand keyed continuously, with (2) #3 jets, @ 600 PSI

THAT means something everyone can understand and compare to.

Steve Smith

Duane Oxley said:
Heat alone means zilch.

Quote temps with a flow rate, or jet size and pressure... and state where the measurement was taken.

230 to 240 at the wand, with the wand keyed continuously, with (2) #3 jets, @ 600 PSI

THAT means something everyone can understand and compare to.
Duane's right.
Obviously, you would also have to be using the same inside diameter and type of pressure hose.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Its a simple question...I don't care what you run...just what you can hold

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim Martin said:
.what is the hottest you can get your water and not have trouble maintaining that temp.......

starting with plain ole cold water from the garden hose.. 250 "continuous" flow @ 2.1 gpm
with normal duty cycle on the wand, she'll run hotter than that.

with 06 jetting @450psi I recorded 272 sustained fo-evah.. ATM
normal duty cycle with 06 jetting at any PSI puts it in the "spit 'n rip tear and hisssssss" range

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Spanky said:
Jim Martin said:

starting with plain ole cold water from the garden hose.. 250 "continuous" flow @ 2.1 gpm
with normal duty cycle on the wand, she'll run hotter than that.

with 06 jetting @450psi I recorded 272 sustained fo-evah.. ATM
normal duty cycle with 06 jetting at any PSI puts it in the "spit 'n rip tear and hisssssss" range

..L.T.A.

in his best Bawb imitation voice.........

minuteman

I like to run mine at 200 Dgees, but it will go to 240 and run it all day long. At 200 it melts gum out of the carpet fibers.

Greg

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
now during the summer at 650 psi and my ti at 12 flow i sustain 225 atw all day but last week when it was 105 outside i was holind 235 atw.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Hotter than I can possibly use, even when running dual wands (2 wands - total of 12 flow).

I have NEVER turned the heat dial all the way up.

While the continuous flow test with the wand keyed for several minutes is impressive, no one cleans carpet or upholstery that way, only tile and grout.

Name
George Valliant
I'm confused. At what temp do you start blowing 100% steam vapor out the wand?

My old oil fired unit used to blow pure steam all the time. It was a neat trick but not so good for cleaning. Never wore gloves never received 2nd degree burn.

Then, I read posts of dudes with nasty burns and melted equipment. But, no mention of pure steam vapor.

Wouldn't that be the ultimate in heat output? Or, am I not understanding something?

G

Hey George,

Thats why is called Hot Water Extraction,

Theres no unit that can produce pure steam! all the time
not even a Vortex or Judson

I am afraid of high temps. I run my machine on low and it holds steady around 200 which is perfect for me cleaning residential. I ran the machine on medium and the temp stayed a little above 220 and seemed too hot. A house with little kids and hot solution lines don't mix well.

JCoviello

300* if I want it. Well...it'll cycle from 275-300 with the thermostat. I'm sure without the T-stat it would shoot up to God knows what.

But I normally clean 230-250 as it just gets stupid after that.

This is 250* - set the fire alarm off.

y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4gqncGKukQy]

Name
Jesse
We have ours set for 250-260. At 750psi we put out 2.5 gal per minute with 6 04 jets, 250+ is always there when cleaning. Jet on for 5+ minutes and it 230 is about as low as it goes.

Both of our trucks have dual coolant exchangers, 1 white magic and 1 from John's. Johns are over sized by about 50% so I have to keep 1 outside the machine case, follow with a 3ht.

I have been running the Everest on low with 2 inch hose. I am going to switch to 2.5 inch hose pretty soon on some jobs as I have 100 feet at my house. The suction is great, or atleast a lot stronger than my Legend Xl. Plus the machine is so quiet you can actually stand outside and have a conversation with the customer. Why would I not run the machine in low if it sucks stronger than what I been using for the past 3 years, is hotter, and a lot quieter? We did a commercial job today with both trucks and we ran three sections off the Everest and the machine performed awesome. Again, every time I crank it up I am blown away at how quiet the machine is. I would not have any problem cleaning after dark if I had too in residential areas.

Mike Draper

JCoviello said:
300* if I want it. Well...it'll cycle from 275-300 with the thermostat. I'm sure without the T-stat it would shoot up to God knows what.

s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4gqncGKukQs]

I think a Greenhorn would put more heat to the carpet, with the jets being closer to the carpet and all. I bet we would all be surprised if we knew how much heat we truly lost between the jets and the carpet.

No. I could have gotten a 650, but I got my Everest with 24 hours on it with all kinds of extras
- External apo
- Freshwater tank with demand pump
- 300 feet of solution and vac line
- Hydroforce
- 4 jet wand
- upholstery tool
- Pressure washing tools
- COMPLETELY set up even though it took longer than I would have liked

For 15 k.

I wish I would have not waited so long to install it. I paid for it and left it at my suppliers for like a year. I just did not know how much I would like it. I was also nervous about not having enough room, but with the tank between the seats and a chemical shelf I can get anything I want in my van which is a regular 3500 chevy express. Basically I got 30 thousand worth of equipment for half price. I saw a 650 at a cad and it is a really nice machine.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
OK...yes you did get a good DEAL....

BUT....It is NOT good for the machine to ALWAY'S run it on LOW....

You need to CLEAN at the PROPER RPM's.....The Low Setting is for Upholstery.....

When CLEANING cpt or Tile...Run at least 50 ft of 2.5 vac hose...LET IT BREATH... :!:

It is still 1 of the quietest machines out there.....

ALL of your ELECTRONIC SENSORS are programed for SPECIFIC RPM..... :!:

You may think that at LOW speed...You are being EASIER on the machine.....

BUT YOU ARE NOT.!!!!!!.....You are putting MORE STRESS on EVERY COMPONANT...

As far as the HIGH HEAT....You are CREATING EXCESSIVE HEAT running it on LOW..

CRANK-IT -UP to the proper RPMS...& ...your SENSORS will function PROPERLY.....

Then you can CONTROLL your HEAT... :wink:

I don't know how to respond to your post. You make it seem like the machine is bogging down or something and that is the farthest thing from the truth. The suck is great and the heat is not too hot (around 200) just where I want it. If I am cleaning a restaurant and I need 220-230 then I run it on medium. What you are saying makes sense on a machine like my Legend as it would bog down unless it was open full throttle, but a guy from Prochem was at my suppliers when my machine was being installed and he told me all I need on most jobs is to just run it on low.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
with 120ft of parflex, 5 x 03jets on a greenhorn, 600PSI, maintains 200F , not even at the highest setting. Its all I need. It'll almost burn my hand on the wand with the returning water, carpets are clean and almost dry.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
my wand on the return does start to burn my hand and i am runing at 235atw, i dont understand how you guys running at 250-260atw are doing it, even with gloves that would get really hot.

JCoviello

dealtimeman said:
with all that steam going into the air how long does it take for your carpets to dry.

Depends. On a typical humid Summer day, the relative humidity sucks no matter what so it really doesn't matter if you open windows etc...all you can do is flip on the AC and get rid of the moisture in the air.

Any other regular day, it dissipates pretty quick.

2-3 hours tops on a regular day, humid/rainy days a little bit longer...again, depending on carpet style and fiber too.

Mike Draper said:
JCoviello said:

d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4gqncGKukQd]

I think a Greenhorn would put more heat to the carpet, with the jets being closer to the carpet and all. I bet we would all be surprised if we knew how much heat we truly lost between the jets and the carpet.

How on God's green earth can you tell how far my jets are from the carpet from that video? Can you even SEE the jets? The 3/4" check valves off the manifold? :?

Trust me, heat is the LAST thing I'm worried about. You should try an oil fired unit sometime. :mrgreen:

As much as I respect Jeff and his products, I can never go back to a static wand again without a swivel head.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom