We all know what Lisa would do but what would you do in this case

Mikey P

Administrator
I had a well-known distributor order two Glides and drop ship them to a sketchy neighborhood in Ohio that somehow God forgot to bless with his lovely touch.

The carpet cleaner tells the distributor that they were stolen off the porch as the UPS tracking shows delivered so the distributor calls me and asked what my policy is..

Now this distributor orders maybe a dozen and Glides a year most of them drop ship, does not stock in the inventory.

The distributor also promotes another brand that Glides on YouTube claiming that they are his favorite because of how cheap they are..

So what I decided to do along with hoodies professional Ohio inn experience was give them $100 credit towards their next order.

But to me I don't see it as any different than if somebody broke into their store and stole some Glides off the shelf, I'm not responsible I did my part they were delivered and if anything the store shouldn't be responsible either porch pirates are a real thing and the lady should have known to have them delivered to the post office or UPS store where she could go pick them up.

I'm sure I'm going to get an earful tomorrow from the owner

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
No way you can win no matter what you do with this one, but I’m thinking I might stop drop shipping to a third party.
Hoody is creating a (pop up) form that they need to sign off on that say GG is not responsible for lost items if tracking shows delivered, wrong addresses, taxes, duty fees, etc..

I dont charge for drop shipping but I'm not taking a hit when it's THIER customer.

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
give them $100 credit towards their next order.

gave who?
the disty or the lady?

I don't see it as any different than if somebody broke into their store and stole some Glides off the shelf

sorta kinda, yes
WAG on my part, $100 is near your cost per glide?
so in essence, you've replaced one glide.

You chose a "half way" position and that puts you right where Marty alluded to.
"no one will be fully happy"

Unless you're struggling to put gas in your motorcycle, or have to buy Jim Bean bourbon instead of expensive trendyfaq hooch, I'd cough up another $100 (assuming your cost) and send the lady two new glides

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Would shipping insurance cover a situation like this? If so...then give them the option to select this in the purchase on the online order form. if they don't check the insurance box (average $4), then they are responsible if this happens again, IF the insurance covers a loss like this

But I agree with the comments above. It's the customer and distributer's responsibility, not yours

Mikey P

Administrator
gave who?
the disty or the lady?

sorta kinda, yes
WAG on my part, $100 is near your cost per glide?
so in essence, you've replaced one glide.

You chose a "half way" position and that puts you right where Marty alluded to.
"no one will be fully happy"

Unless you're struggling to put gas in your motorcycle, or have to buy Jim Bean bourbon instead of expensive trendyfaq hooch, I'd cough up another $100 (assuming your cost) and send the lady two new glides

..L.T.A.
I gave the disty the credit.

What I pay for a Glide has little to do with it.

If it were MY customer I would take care of them.

The distributor, as I said, is on my * list so.....

Reactions: Josh Wood

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I had a well-known distributor order two Glides and drop ship them to a sketchy neighborhood in Ohio that somehow God forgot to bless with his lovely touch.

The carpet cleaner tells the distributor that they were stolen off the porch as the UPS tracking shows delivered so the distributor calls me and asked what my policy is..

Now this distributor orders maybe a dozen and Glides a year most of them drop ship, does not stock in the inventory.

The distributor also promotes another brand that Glides on YouTube claiming that they are his favorite because of how cheap they are..

So what I decided to do along with hoodies professional Ohio inn experience was give them $100 credit towards their next order.

But to me I don't see it as any different than if somebody broke into their store and stole some Glides off the shelf, I'm not responsible I did my part they were delivered and if anything the store shouldn't be responsible either porch pirates are a real thing and the lady should have known to have them delivered to the post office or UPS store where she could go pick them up.

Whether I'm right or wrong with this, I make decisions based on something a smarter man than me calls "Core Values Decisions"

Whether my customer is a complete jerk or the has a Ken Snow level of saintliness, I treat them all equally when it comes to business decisions. Yes, I take off hours calls and go the extra mile to help the "best of them" with things related to downtime or something that can cause a major financial or personal loss.

But in things like this, its easier just to work with a simple statement: If it is delivered to the address and the delivery service provides proof of it, it isn't your responsibility.

I also resist "half measures". These things rarely satisfy the unreasonable, so you just end up losing money and they still hate you. I'd rather lose no money and have them hate me.

I've also found the the customers you want to have don't make unreasonable claims like this, so why reward the unworthy?

Mikey P

Administrator
Whether I'm right or wrong with this, I make decisions based on something a smarter man than me calls "Core Values Decisions"

Whether my customer is a complete jerk or the has a Ken Snow level of saintliness, I treat them all equally when it comes to business decisions. Yes, I take off hours calls and go the extra mile to help the "best of them" with things related to downtime or something that can cause a major financial or personal loss.

But in things like this, its easier just to work with a simple statement: If it is delivered to the address and the delivery service provides proof of it, it isn't your responsibility.

I also resist "half measures". These things rarely satisfy the unreasonable, so you just end up losing money and they still hate you. I'd rather lose no money and have them hate me.

I've also found the the customers you want to have don't make unreasonable claims like this, so why reward the unworthy?
Im coiunting on the $100 insurance that UPS offers through my shipping program.....

If not for that I would have not offered anything.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Today's word is FOB -"Free on Board"
@Mikey P your agreement should state that the Items are sent FOB from your office. which means that the ownership of the items transfers to the buyer once the item leaves your "loading dock", and advise the buyer to consider buying shipping insurance to protect their purchase.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
So, last week I ordered 20 gallons of finish on line. It went over a week and no delivery. I called and was told the finish had not been shipped, with no expected time. I canceled the order by phone. That evening, went to water my plants, 4 boxes of finish were on my porch😳😂 Next day, while sitting in my Marty, UPS pulls up and lays 4 more boxes on my porch.😳 Of course all 8 boxes are all mutilated but in a bag. I’m not sending them back, unless they ask which they won’t. I’m also not paying for the extra 4.😃

• Wow
Reactions: AlienAgent

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
I would either tell them I accept no liability or just send ‘em the replacement glides. Which response I would choose would mostly depend on how much I had in getting a glide from raw material to the customer’s doorstep.

If you only have $10 or $20 in one of these things and you’re selling them for $100 and up… and you’re moving 10,000+ units a year…just replace the glides.

If you have $60 or $80 in each one shipped out and you’re moving a few hundred a year, I’d refuse liability.

Personally, I don’t think you’re liable in the least.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Luky

Name
Mario

But to me, I don't see it as any different than if somebody broke into their store and stole some Glides off the shelf, I'm not responsible I did my part they were delivered and if anything the store shouldn't be responsible either porch pirates are a real thing and the lady should have known to have them delivered to the post office or UPS store where she could go pick them up.

I had to sign for my Turboforce TH -40 and there was no chance that someone would take it. Good practices would be the addressee providing instructions for a safe place to leave the parcel ( it shouldn't be a problem to find one corner on the porch when comes to a smaller package) Porch pirates scan boxes from the street, they're not coming to the door to look for them, IMO.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
That’s funny, UPS and FedEx and Amazon all just drop my shipment out on my front porch, in front of God and everyone. None try to conceal anything. Kinda like the paperboy of old, your lucky if it’s on the porch. When they say, drop ship, that’s what they mean!

Reactions: Dr. Kleen
Name
Nate W.
So, last week I ordered 20 gallons of finish on line. It went over a week and no delivery. I called and was told the finish had not been shipped, with no expected time. I canceled the order by phone. That evening, went to water my plants, 4 boxes of finish were on my porch😳😂 Next day, while sitting in my Marty, UPS pulls up and lays 4 more boxes on my porch.😳 Of course all 8 boxes are all mutilated but in a bag. I’m not sending them back, unless they ask which they won’t. I’m also not paying for the extra 4.😃

I'm sold......! With all the churches you clean and didn't burn up yet, tis proof............

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
WWBD (what would Besos do)

Momma would like to see Jeff's likeness carved into Mt Rushmore she love amazon so much
last year she was missing a $70-$80(?) dollar item she bought for the baby
recorded as delivered, pic showed it was, but wasn't there when she looked.

She called and they said no prob...and promptly sent out a new one just like that

..L.T.A.

FredC

Village Idiot
WWBD (what would Besos do)

Momma would like to see Jeff's likeness carved into Mt Rushmore she love amazon so much
last year she was missing a $70-$80(?) dollar item she bought for the baby
recorded as delivered, pic showed it was, but wasn't there when she looked.

She called and they said no prob...and promptly sent out a new one just like that

..L.T.A.

"customer obsession"

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
My ego and 1st response would be to think that the customer is a broke dick scammer since he works with a questionable supplier.
birds of a feather- logic
But, pleasing the customer is key-- perhaps both GG and the supplier should share in the pain of the loss.

Mikey P

Administrator
My ego and 1st response would be to think that the customer is a broke dick scammer since he works with a questionable supplier.
birds of a feather- logic
But, pleasing the customer is key-- perhaps both GG and the supplier should share in the pain of the loss.
I'm sharing $100..

Deleted pic-fredc

That's the house/ scene of the crime on the right.
Barn or mEat's HF club member is probably the thief...

Reactions: Papa John

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I don get the big deal......
Two hunnert years from now it ain't gonna matter ......anyway!

Back
Top Bottom