We let the customer pre vac.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I like going in with my carpet microscope and showing them all the unseens that they have in their carpets.

It always impresses them and I get 60 cents a sf just from doing that.

Mikey P

Administrator
Waldo

I demand you take Art Kelly of the Top25 list. How you ever added him is beyond me.

No one with that mind set could even be in the top 2500 let alone the sacred 25.

After reviewing the job Jay Delaughter did at my dad's move every one up and give Jay the 25 spot.
EZ or not, he pre vacuumed the dog hair and grit so thoroughly not a single wick back and it was dry in 2 hours.

I think I may make it a rule that for anyone to be a Supportive Member here they have to show pictures of their Upright being used.

Cameron1

admiralclean said:
I just don't understand how a serioul cleaner can NOT prevacuum. It's just unthinkable.

Just think of all the cleaners who won't go to Walmart and purchase a vacuum cleaner.

Do you want to be like them?

Man,
I don't know where I missed the boat, but I have not vacuumed a carpet in thirty years. Heck, my clients must not have noticed cause they keep calling me back. (Please don't tell em) In the mean time I'm going keep charging em the same 36 to 46 cents a ft. that I been chargin with another 15 to 20 cents for some protector.

I'm so good they rated me the #1 cleaner in the whole state. I shutter to think what I could get if I added the pre-vac thing. What kind of vac. cleaner do yall recommend ?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve said:
Man,
I don't know where I missed the boat, but I have not vacuumed a carpet in thirty years.

that may be so, Steve.
but you were never in the top 25 MB cleaner's ranking, so it's not as important.

The Top 25 is a very prestigious award and we research with all due diligence to award only the best of the best.
When it's determined that anyone in the Top 25 isn't preforming to the discriminating/demanding standards required, they have to be removed.
Otherwise it's just a phony feel good scam with no real value

...L.T.A.

Cameron1

The Top 25 is a very prestigious award and we research with all due diligence to award only the best of the best.
When it's determined that anyone in the Top 25 isn't preforming to the discriminating/demanding standards required, they have to be removed.
Otherwise it's just a phony feel good scam with no real value

...L.T.A.

Your joking, right?

Name
George Valliant
I'm so good they rated me the #1 cleaner in the whole state. I shutter to think what I could get if I added the pre-vac thing. What kind of vac. cleaner do yall recommend ?

I never pre-vacced until i recently got a set of Hybrid Glides. Then, I purchased the most expensive vacuum cleaner I could find.

The Royal commercial upright with 18" cleaning path. It's polished aluminum and looks like Greenhorns cousin. Comes with 3 year warranty too which covers everything. Fan, etc...

Plan on dropping close to $800 for one of these babies. You can get the hepa bags or non. A set of 10 non hepa bags is $6 or $8. Five Hepa bags will cost about the same.

I use it on almost every job. But, after reading this thread it will get used on every single job.

Name
George Valliant
steve said:

Hey, I just spent nearly $800 on an upright vacuum. Certainly that knocks Art Kelly out of top 25.

G

admiralclean said:
I just don't understand how a serioul cleaner can NOT prevacuum. It's just unthinkable.

Just think of all the cleaners who won't go to Walmart and purchase a vacuum cleaner.

I am very aware vacumeing is very important. I don't do unless it will help me. I make over $1000 a day! I have made $2000 a day. I think it is cool if you guys do all this and make soo little. But back off and do not be so goddahm sanctomonios when clearly you don't undersdant about makining a living? I would apriciate all you hobby boy's got the f##k out the business?

Oh and to all Have a nice day!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Got Vacuum? The Bissel is at my place and Would love to have a pile lifter but here is my little collection.. Mikey you said you wanted pictures! Granted I can't work one and take a picture of it at same time.. Short arms I guess.
Cleanandstuff034.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
!

powerpack said:
admiralclean said:

I am very aware vacumeing is very important. I don't do unless it will help me. I make over $1000 a day! I have made $2000 a day. I think it is cool if you guys do all this and make soo little. But back off and do not be so goddahm sanctomonios when clearly you don't undersdant about makining a living? I would apriciate all you hobby boy's got the f##k out the business?

They never said you CAN'T make money doing it wrong! Damn dude, whats up with the pent up frustration, did you try Christmas shopping today? Thing about the list is MOST of these guys don't brag about how much they make (like you do) but rather how they do there jobs... I have to tip my hat to that! I don't pre-vac most of my jobs but it also dosen't hurt my feeling NOT to be on the list!

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Clearly some carpet would benefit from a good pre vac to take out the dry particulate soil. Of course you could post vac and take out the dry particulate soil also, is that right? If the truck mount removed some of that dry particulate soil during the wet cleaning process, that would save time dry vacuuming since there would be less dry particulate soil left in the carpet to remove. :wink:

The soil left after prevacuuming must be mixed with water, which makes mud, because it is the only way to remove that fine soil. :p

Spank me. Me bad! :lol:

G

Mikey P said:
yeah that's a great idea. :roll:

I absolutely hate that excuse for low priced induced laziness.

This ladies carpet "looked" fine. Stanley or Snow would have jumped right into it with both jets a soaking.

Us?

We new better and filled our Bissell and Sanitaire 6 TIMES!!

lr dr mbr and 2 set or steps.

and 4 dogs.

rj003.jpg

rj004.jpg
[/quote

Did you just wake up? cause I know for 13 years at coit,you wernt doing it,and I would bet half the chimers here did not do it till recently,not that it aint a good thing,but it is always the naysayers that were the ones who did it like this first.Oh and have a nice day :lol:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
powerpack said:
admiralclean said:

Care to start a new thread to explain to us how you make your 1000-2000/day? I know I am always looking for ways to improve.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I find it hard to understand how pre vac is soo difficult when people are trying to stay at $100/hour min? If we are charging that much a hour, shouldn't we at LEAST pre vac?

I own 8 vacs, not including my wet/dry vac. Use a comm double hepa vac bagged at all times.

Always prevac every job, even if client said they just did.

Greenie

It's really this simple, if you don't pre-vac you aren't putting your best foot forward, and you are cheating your customer, if you are okay with that fine, but at least add a line to your invoice saying here is a 5% discount for not delivering 100%.

G

You know it is like telling you idiots you dont know how to clean carpet,telling Mrs Jones she doesnt know how to vacuum her own carpet.So why stop there,why not schedule a weekly appt. to vac because it is going to need it and you are the only ones certified to do it.It needs to be done,no argument there,but by who and when is by discresion.And Mickey,your lieing,all you got from Coit was your client list that took you 13 years to accumulate.

Name
Nate W.
Greenie said:
It's really this simple, if you don't pre-vac you aren't putting your best foot forward, and you are cheating your customer, if you are okay with that fine, but at least add a line to your invoice saying here is a 5% discount for not delivering 100%.

So wouldn't that be cheating the guys who do 110% on the job? Or just add another line saying "We always get a $50 tips for giving 110% on the job, do you want to be the one to break the record?"

Just razzing you yellow and blue!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I always fine it slightly annoying having a non-cleaning supplier giving an opinion on how a cleaner in the trenches should conduct buisness.

It's not how much you charge per hour that makes a difference to your customers bottom line.

It how many hours it takes you to clean.

Mikey P

Administrator
Kevin P said:
You know it is like telling you idiots you dont know how to clean carpet,telling Mrs Jones she doesnt know how to vacuum her own carpet.So why stop there,why not schedule a weekly appt. to vac because it is going to need it and you are the only ones certified to do it.It needs to be done,no argument there,but by who and when is by discresion.And Mickey,your lieing,all you got from Coit was your client list that took you 13 years to accumulate.

Well that was rude.

The Preacher

HArold can tell us who has the best vac, thus who gives 100-110% on every job.

BUT FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON HE'S KEEPING THE RESULTS SECRET UNTIL MIKEY ACCEPTS JESUS AND WALDO'S TOP 25 GET'S INTO CLEANFAX,ICS AND THE TARD BOARD!!! :evil:

hogjowl

Idiot™
It was predicted, well before hand, that the "test results" would never be seen. The disappointing thing is not the absence of the results ... nobody cared. It was the ruining of the fest for so many, for nothing.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Frank Flinn please put in your profile where your location is.

Greenie

So.....u aren't adding the 5% to your invoice?
Oh...wait..u always vacuum.
Do you vacuum risers?

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
The customer is always right, correct? There is a market for everything, those who want you to prevacuum and those that don't because they don't want to spend 10 cents extra per square foot for you to vacuum instead of them.

Some of you guys are very funny. Thanks for making this thread enjoyable.

But I learned something. Those who prevac and use portables are better cleaners than those who use a Vortex and don't prevac, or those who spend 4 hours cleaning with their Vortex are not near as good a cleaner as those who spend 30 minutes vacuuming and another 30 minutes (one hour total) steam cleaning to clean the same carpet as the 4 hour clean from the vortex guy.

Fresh water rinse or adding a cleaner to run through the machine....whoops! sorry I am on the wrong thread. :)

DRScrivner

Got me a "Walk Up" today. No lettering on my Dodge Truck or my cargo trailer at all- NADA, ZIP. So how did I get a "Walk Up"?

On a job in an upscale neighborhood. Neighbors out walking their dog down the sidewalk and see me coming out of my cargo trailer with..........................................................

Wait for it.....................................................................................................

My Bissell Pet Hair Eraser vac.

They say: "Oh you must be a carpet cleaner."
I say: "One of the two best in town." (I respect Jim highly though we've never met.)
They say: "Come give us an estimate after you are finished here."

Booked them for after the first of the year- SCHWIIIIING

Thanks Bissell.

Greenie

holy crap....don't let Jim read that.

No walkups with the V
and you got one with a bissel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom