Web Sites?? Are they really worth it??

nusteem

I just wanted to get any opinions, if web sites really really work or are they just a little help?

If yes, what are the most productive ways to market your site?
If no, why?

thanks....

Name
Bruce
Very much worth it for me , I maintain my own site and only pay $179 a year for hosting. Last week we booked a $250 job from our website , they found us doing a google search. That was only one job, we get jobs from our website every month.

A website is not going to jump start your business, but every little bit helps.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Internet marketing made easy:

Website = Good

Places listing on top = Better.

Places listing on top with ton of client reviews = Even better

Top Places listing on top with tons of reviews and a website that converts prospects = The Best

(I get jobs everyday from the web, Cost $14.00 a month)

Now that you know the formula for Internet success it's time for you to get busy!!!

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
I would recommend having someone who builds websites do it for you. They are the professionals as to what to put in it to get it on top of google. I would have liked to build my own but didn't have the time! Have dropped 2 out of 3 yellow pages because of my website. Out of 100 calls, I would say 85% to 90% found us through google or another form of search engine. Definately worth it in my opinion!!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you don't have a website for your area, you're losing a good chunk of customers from what can be very cheap advertising.

But like anything...it's seldom the advertiser (Google etc) it's usually the ad...make sure your website is well done...because putting out a crappy website is worse than having no website at all.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Personally I think you can do very well without even having a website and just having a well appointed google places listing.

I get most of my Internet jobs without the prospect ever visiting my website.

Websites are just not that necessary as they used to be. Since local sites are merged into the places listing.

If you do get a website don't lose touch that it's main purpose if for client conversion.

If you check it out the places listing in Myrtle Beach you'll see that most are not worth a cr@p.( Few if any reviews and hardly any back links.)

I would think it would be easy to get the most visibility with a better Places listing.

BTW: I only saw Nu Steam Carpet Cleaning listed @ Surfside Beach, not Myrtle Beach.

The listing has very little web cred.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Hire a kid from your local church or community college to set you up a website - it's stupid easy and cheap to do today. You can use a Wordpress platform for free - or Google does website - or get a domain on godaddy and they do them too.

With a simple page - link it up to a fan page on facebook, and get a few reviews from happy customers - 2 in google local, 2 in yelp - and have your hired help get you listed in the local directories - and those back links help your site rankings.

It's not rocket science... but as with anything... it IS some work - so pay someone to do it for you. Budget $500 over a couple months and you are golden.

Lisa

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Consumer Research tells us:
- 90 % of consumers go on line to research
- 84 % search locally for you ... (ie. carpet cleaning charlotte, nc)
- 2 out of 3 that research online, research using Social Marketing, Review Sites & YOUR WEBSITE.

A website... have one, have a good one, have an interactive one and have an empowering one.

As was said by the create marketing genius "Cher" in Moonstruck - SNAP OUT OF IT! :shock:

That's where they are - Give them what they want! TIME. Time savings in research; time savings in pricing; and YES, time savings in Booking.

Tile Nerd

I've been pulling in from 3 to 8 k month since aquiring the service of Go Pro Local. Prior to that it was only an online brochure. I spend $198 a month for 2 websites. It's currently my only paid marketing except when I run my newletters.

It's only worth it if you have a good SEO company like mine.

http://www.TileCleaningAustin.com & http://www.Water-Damage-Austin.com

You've got to index article, video's and blog your site.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Investing in a functional and emotionally appealing web site is a no-brainer today. Admittedly some areas are more Internet focused than others. But this IS the wave of the future. Why not catch it now?

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS At SFS we believe so strongly that every carpet cleaner should have a good web presence we have a whole section of our site devoted to it. And it is open to everyone:

http://sfs.jondon.com/tag/social-media- ... n-websites

CDRX

Having a website is really critical if you want to be competitive, unless you're in a small town and the only company around. But having a great website is only half of the picture, you need to be found on page one of Google's search results for your city, preferably in the top 3. Whoever builds your site needs to optimize it to help it get a good ranking. The sooner you can get your site built and established the better, as age affects search results. I say move ahead and get one built, it can only help.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would go over and read Lisa Wagners post about lawsuits also

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Cermack's class talked about building pages on your website for every city you cover. I've been doing just that with my Network Home Services....and I've been doing some of that with my carpet cleaning website.

Good way to cover all your areas.

Hey Greg...do you have a main website up and running now?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I don't think websites are as necessary as they used to be.

Not with the new Google Paces layout. A company doesn't need a website because the listing contains the relevant information to the move the prospect to a buying decision without them even having to go to a website.

Photo,client reviews, phone number,those yellow stars of approval, right on page one. No clicking or further time required for the prospect.(Easy is GOOD!!)

I get most of my Internet clients without them ever going to my website.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
FCC said:
Dave,

Whether that info (merged organic an place) is displayed or not is based on pop/search volume/who knows.

And I thought is was just from web cred. (Reviews, relevent backlinks etc...)

Can't you get tons of web cred without a website?

I just know that the way my listing appears it kicks ass for my area.

Google- carpet cleaning lincoln nebraska

To see for yourself.

Name
I'm Rick James
nusteem said:
I just wanted to get any opinions, if web sites really really work or are they just a little help?

If yes, what are the most productive ways to market your site?
If no, why?

thanks....

Seriously? Websites are a must have in this new age of marketing. You dont have one then you will suffer.

Check out Inuit DIY website maker. $5 a month...and welcome to the web.

CDRX

Dave I believe it used to work, getting a Google Places listing to rank well without a website, but from what I've read about the new merged format of search results an optimized website is a big factor in getting a high ranking now. I'm not sure you can get ranked high without a good optimized website attached to your Google Places listing.

Brian, I have competitors in my area that are creating what appear to be multiple homepages for their website with city specific info in URL and headers, content etc. Is this what you are referring to because it seems to be working well for them.
I have been considering this as our market is made up of several cities of similar size and I need to be ranking well in all of them not just one. Is this a strategy that Google will penalize me for down the road or is it considered acceptable SEO?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
CDRX said:
Brian, I have competitors in my area that are creating what appear to be multiple homepages for their website with city specific info in URL and headers, content etc. Is this what you are referring to because it seems to be working well for them.
I have been considering this as our market is made up of several cities of similar size and I need to be ranking well in all of them not just one. Is this a strategy that Google will penalize me for down the road or is it considered acceptable SEO?

It doesn't necessarily have to be an index page for each city...or what would be a different website. All you have to do it create pages on your site and optimize it for each city. Change up the content a bit but it can look similar to your index page....so it's really a home page for that city.

You can also create micro sites for each city, each service you provide etc etc etc. (Cermack)

You won't get penalized for doing this...as long as you don't break the guidelines on any of the pages like keyword stuffing etc.

Google indexes pages...not sites.
With that said...being part of a larger site helps your rankings...or so it seems.

Every member on my Network Home Services website gets their own page and video showcasing their company...all of which is geared for SEO and customer conversion.

It is easy to do with your own website....and you should (if you have the time and knowhow)....but diversity and links play a factor when you want another listing on Google so it pays to be a part of other websites to help get you there along with your own website.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Dave Yoakum said:
Internet marketing made easy:

Website = Good

Places listing on top = Better.

Places listing on top with ton of client reviews = Even better

Top Places listing on top with tons of reviews and a website that converts prospects = The Best

(I get jobs everyday from the web, Cost $14.00 a month)

Now that you know the formula for Internet success it's time for you to get busy!!!
Well said, couldn't of put it any other way.

Jamesh921

Name
James
So please tell me in "laymen" terms how I can be the absolute 'go to" guy on google's list. I'm currently on the first page, and have been for the past several months. However, I've recieved only one quality client over the past 10 months. How do I get my phone to ring by using the web?

Check out my site if you like http://www.aacarpetclean.com

It's been mentioned in the past that I'm maybe in "too small a pond" to be doing any damage in this market. OK, the, you tell me, in what market would this website bring in the quality call?

If I have to move, I can do that, but to where...............????

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Fred can take care of the stat problem...I'll help with the pretty.

You've got a "Tile" website for a carpet and tile cleaning company.

If you're focusing on carpet cleaning...then focus on carpet cleaning.

At first glance, your site doesn't say "Hey, I'm a carpet cleaner"

It says "carpet and tile" add the word 'Cleaning" to your title, logo, header...etc. (looks like it could be just a installer or sales thing)

Put your phone number and call to action "Call Now" etc in the right upper corner of the website.

Put a family in that living room (change the photo)

You're colors are good but the background is horrible.

Are you tracking your clicks?...If you're getting clicks, you won't get as many conversions as you should or could with a better looking site.

It just looks unfinished.

Put your navigation bar somewhere other than the top of your site....what you do and where you do it should be there as well as in your page title. IE: Carpet Cleaning Your Area.....you already rank well so you may need to change areas....I here OK city is doing well.

That white text on a light background doesn't work well for the eyes...use a white background with some of that purple in it and use black text. I've never been a fan of a light color text for the majority of the content.

I'll state again to get some photos of family or family friendly stuff. Animals and kids etc.

Have a look at my site...it's not the greatest in the world but I believe it works well....although it's getting a little cluttered.
Carpet Cleaning Plano TX

Let me know if you have questions.

Oh, and redo your log or have it done.....It really does look like a retail company...not a service company.

Good luck.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Jamesh921 said:
So please tell me in "laymen" terms how I can be the absolute 'go to" guy on google's list. I'm currently on the first page, and have been for the past several months. However, I've recieved only one quality client over the past 10 months. How do I get my phone to ring by using the web?

Check out my site if you like http://www.aacarpetclean.com

It's been mentioned in the past that I'm maybe in "too small a pond" to be doing any damage in this market. OK, the, you tell me, in what market would this website bring in the quality call?

If I have to move, I can do that, but to where...............????

Listing and listing placement is more important than website and content. Although remember that the only reason for a website is client conversion.

For me having tons of positive client reviews has made my site/listing the go to listing in my area. Only a couple companies in the Norman/Seminole area have over 10 client reviews.

Get busy!!

F

FB7777

brokum you dork, you're supposedly the biggest and baddest in lincoln Nebraska and you have one shitmount

Waldo needs to do a Top 25 Assclown List... you'd have the top 10 spots

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Dirk said:
Hey, I wanna be the biggest and baddest!

You could move to Ma. They don't seem so web savy.

You do have me beat for tile and grout cleaning lincoln ne, But not, with nebraska or tile cleaning lincoln ne or Nebraska.

F

FB7777

and yet Crowley and I both did over half a million last year

while you and your molestor mobile barely scraped in 100K

top of google in a major market and you have brokedick biz :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom