Website build question

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on this. Anything look odd?

The Seoul packages range from 350$ a month to 900$ a month

He suggested starting out small and going from there

He was referred by several different people and does great work.

Do I need the blog thing?

Thanks for any advice

Hey Dave, I went through your current website and think we could make some big time improvements for you.

What I'd like to do is turn my creative director lose on the design, using your current brand, and come up with something really slick looking.

The new design would do a few things...
1) Provide a fresh, new, modern look to the site
2) Make the site compatible across all devices (computer & phones)
3) Improve search engine optimization with new code and updated content
4) Add a quick contact form for users to easily contact you through the website
5) Add a blog section that would allow you to add new before and after photos, tell stories, etc. and have those automatically share to social media

I've broken out the costs below based on all of the features and functions I'd recommend.

Custom Site Design with up to 9 pages
$1650

Blog System For News Updates
$750

Mobile Version of Site
$750

Hosting & Stats
$20/mo (paid annually)

Our search engine optimization plans are based on the number of keywords you want to go after. I've attached a flyer on those services.

Let me know if you have any questions on any of these items. We can get started with just a 50% deposit and you can add the SEO services later.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
hey i'm a noob, but i think my guy did a great job for $600. he wanted 50% down payment and i paid him the $300 balance last week. if/when i hit page 1 on google, then i send him $400 for the SEO work. he gave me 9 pages (blog page included.) my web guy says that i should write a blog post once a week, which will help SEO....idk, i'm a noob as to why but i did it.
WordPress has at least one FREE theme that automatically fits the size screen it is viewed on (ie: "Mobile Version Site") so why pay this dude $750

watch this youtube vid i found for some basics about building your own Wordpress site... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jv47_VIBOQ

...not that you should build your own site, but it teaches you a little about various aspects of W.P., which you should know before dropping that much money. it is pretty simple and the guy takes you through it step-by-step. he even shows you how to get a low cost hosting company.

maybe your guys SEO is top notch, idk. but the rest of his prices seem high compared to my web guy.

Last edited:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I would double check to see what kind of site he's building you. If hes using wordpress as the platform, and charging you $750 for something that's already included in the software, that's pretty steep. I would ask to see a portfolio of their work. Yes you should have a blog that is directly attached to your domain, not an offsite blog so that you can build fresh content for the search engines. However sometimes having an offsite blog can be useful as well if used correctly...but that means you have to work harder at creating fresh content for both, and not copy and paste one blog to another because that's a big no no.....

Last edited:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i have seen lots of his work and he is hard core..very good and very popular..but still a small company (i like that)

he is a bit on the hi range but he is good so its worth it..lots of people say im expensive but you get what you pay for..i just know nothing about building and all that stuff so i wanted a few opinions (thanks) if anyone were to say RUN YOUR GETTING SCREWED
i would be concerned..

i will check back on this tomorrow to see if anyone added anything then go from there..

i have no time or desire to become a web designer or maintainer so im looking for a turn key.

thaks

FredC

Village Idiot
The prices are in line with what someone should expect to pay a professional.....someone who actually makes a living doing it.

I may expand on this later........

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks pricey.

You know how your clients do, "Are you running any specials?", "Is that the best deal you can offer?" "I'm not sure I'll have to think about it." "hummm I may have to shop around"

Everyone does it to us, work him., why pay retail, that's a ton of money.

See if he offers you a discount, If he doesn't offer a discount, shop around, you may find a better deal anyway.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Sounds on the high side IF he is just installing basic features, but just like carpet cleaners he might be using software more sophisticated.

All you can do is check out his work and speak with current customers, make sure he is responsive. The most frustrating part with seo people is finding them to make changes, i know all about this and it is not worth the aggravation over the long term to save a couple bucks.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Dave,

I asked a local web guy who has 6 employees what he charges and what the clients get for those prices. His prices were pretty in line with what you described so I'll have to echo Fred's comment on that. There and pro's and cons to using a company who has a complete firm of employees to handle matters vs someone running the business out of their home, just like with any business. The huge benefits to using a firm with a complete staff is you tend to get better support, faster respond times for changes that are needed along the way, they're going to be more up to date on trends and changes in coding and SEO because they invest into the information. You're going to pay more for that, but honestly most likely get a better finished product. I often pay more for things based on referrals from people I trust and know. I'm learning early on that it saves and pays for itself more long time.

Back
Top Bottom