Website opinions appreciated

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I like a url with carpet cleaning in the name....not for SEO but for customers to remember.

Check out the simple website tips that work thread here
viewtopic.php?f=104&t=39670

My Sacramento site is http://www.carpetcleaning916.com
It has carpet cleaning and then the area code.

Truth is, the url isn't going to be a big factor for SEO so make it for your customers.

At first glance of your website it doesn't say "carpet cleaning" to me. The colors are just ok....but too much green. The slide show is too fast and unless the slide that says "carpet cleaning" is up.....it's hard to tell what you do.

It should say carpet cleaning or something in the header under you logo.

It's giving me a headache watching it.

And the slide show is too big.

More later.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
It looks professional. As far as the header slide show...I'd probably slow it down and make it stop at the logo after the first round.

albert

EnviroCare

Thanks Brian, thanks for the tips, feel free to dish out as many as you like somewhat amus That thread has a tonne of awesum stuff I will try to decifer it all!!

Albert I like your idea thanks for that too.

Brian,

You do realize that url plays a big factor still for seo. That might Change in the future, but having a keyword rich url still works for getting ranked easily.

Mike

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
From my experience a Google Places listing is a much bigger factor than a keyword rich URL (As far as placement and first page visabilaty). Although a URL with city name & type of service can be easier for a client to remember. (Your's seems a bit to long for it to be easy to remember for me.)

For tips on building a Places listing with a lot of web cred and clout you can several tips with a search here or on the web..

With a great Places listing many prospects won't have as much as a need to go to your website of go price shopping. They will book right from the search page.

Dave,

I agree with you as well, Ideally its best to have a merged map listing... So you organic listing is merged with your places listing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom