Website photos

Lonny

Supportive Member
We are having our website done. What is your opinion on photos, specifically real customer before and afters vs. generic pics. Should there be a balance of each? One or the other? Thoughts?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It depends on your market. If you're showing before and after of trashed carpet, I feel you're asking for more of it. If you clean for a higher class than that I'd use stock photos or better yet do a photo session and mock up several shots and have the photographer shoot all her can for an hour or two.

Reactions: Lonny

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Yes, you should have before and after photos. People very often say they called because of the photos or they have an issue like one of the photos. Truth be told, most people that go to the site will only visit the first page/home page.

Stock photos for home page, before and afters on a different page.

Also make sure to name the photos you use - example: schaumburg carpets clean up great. This will help your seo. If the photo name is just a number or simply "before cleaning" that ain't helping you get found.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I feel like ya'll are callin me out

Savages!

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

I'm just saying if you show trashed carpet, expect those with trashed carpet to call you to restore theirs.
Nothing wrong with it, especially if that what you do. But don't show trashed and expect nice homes. They don't let their carpets get that soiled.

Reactions: Connor

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think it can be harder sometimes. They expect it to look like new when you are done, which fortunately most of the time it does.

When its trashed they are so happy to see the improvement they will accept some imperfection and still be thrilled.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I've been pretty darn lucky with having great clients that aren't overly picky.

I will say this....the homes that do great maintenance and have clean carpet often have crazy layouts and tons of expensive stuff to navigate. That part I hate!

I guess I'm the picky one.

Mike Draper

Steve Hoodlebrink just finished a website for me. I have some before and after photos on my site. I hope custys will see what we are capable of and call me for that reason. I do tell them when we see they have really cheap matted poly that their is only so much I'll be able to do. Managing expectations before hand is key to making people happy in this job. Check it out. http://biggreensteam.com/

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I agree with Doc, if you post trashed carpet, your gonna get more of it.

Learned that the hard way, but sometimes business is business. :)

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Stop it! jus Stop It!

Buncha azzholes : )

ha5epyta.jpg

Atleast Im friiggin cleaning somethin

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts