Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
In the last 30 days my places listing had:

566 impressions

92 clicks for more info

30 clicks for directions

and 1 click to website.

I was getting jobs every day without having prospects going to my website.

This is why I have been saying for a long time now that in reality websites are more important to businesses owners than to clients and prospects.

Maximize your listing and forget about unseen webpages.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I get hits to my website everyday.

You know you can't trust what Google tells you Dave.

Check your stats on your website....Although the Yahoo tracker is no better IMO

Get an outside source to track your hits and visitors.

www.visistat.com

Or something like that.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
That was the Google Places tracker.

Yahoo tracker said 175 hits to my website.

Who can you trust?

The Yahoo tracker said I was not in the top 30 when I was the top of Yahoo maps and Organic.

Google on the other hand "almost " never messes up.

("cept those 24 review they kicked to the curb.)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you have to realize Brian he has 1000 jobs from his program, 750 from his website, 500 from referals and 500 from new people and only 1 truck

F

FB7777

XTREME1 said:
you have to realize Brian he has 1000 jobs from his program, 750 from his website, 500 from referals and 500 from new people and only 1 truck
don't forget the 800 postcards to previous clients he sends out each month :roll:

1 truck can do about 80-100 jobs at best each month

a weenie electro molester mobile with an old goofy goober that posts all day does something south of that

I'm guessing Yankum scored a 230 on the Math portion of the SAT

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I said Yahoo wasn't accurate either.

And then I mentioned an outside source being more reliable.

Bob Foster

Dave Yoakum said:

566 impressions

92 clicks for more info

30 clicks for directions

and 1 click to website.

This is why I have been saying for a long time now that in reality websites are more important to businesses owners than to clients and prospects.

good grief....

You're the poster boy for Trojan condoms...

gregvice

Dave Yoakum said:

Your right in the sense that people don't actually need to see your website for them to call you, and a well optimized places pages will get you the calls. Your 36 great reviews are definitely helping that.

but If it were not for your websites organic ranking, (which is #1 for most of your main keywords) your places page would not be ranking as high as it does currently and would possibly not be showing at all. So I wouldn't be getting rid of your website any time soon.

A website ranking in the top 5 organic listings will affect the ranking of your places position.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Dave Yoakum said:

566 impressions

92 clicks for more info

30 clicks for directions

and 1 click to website.

Total opposite of the direction google wants to go in, they are tying the power of the site with the maps/places. You can jump over people in other towns if your website is relevant

Your problem is you are in 1 small town, have low standards and think everyone else is the same way. Not every metro is even built the same, some have greater metro areas like say charlotte and some like buffalo have 50 towns surrounding it where all the people actually live.{who have jobs anyway}

Your scheme would not work here, we are located in the city but all the customers live 10-20 miles away and in 1000 sqr miles.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Ken we average 88 jobs per truck per month. We have been trying quicker set up and break down options and did a test run this week where we had 33 jobs for 1 truck including some tile and lots of upholstery and we came out with glowing reviews. We did prescrub the jobs but switched our rinse to versaclean. This week we are going to try just a prespray with cobbs groomer scrub and rinse and see how it works out. We have one truck booked with almost 40 jobs with extending the hours from 8:30 down to 7 am and putting the last job at 3:30 instead of 2. The other 2 trucks are running at our old capacity of 15-20 a week

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
and for the record brokum 76 jobs booked already this coming week and still have no place to put people who are calling. So you can advertise al you want but it just shows the product you must give isn't very good

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Greg, if you don't have to advertise in your fairly non-competitive market good for you.

In most markets however, not keeping top of mind in someway would be the kiss of death for a business.

You have 4 carpet cleaners in your town. Most don't even have website or haven't even claimed their places listing.

I have over 70 cleaners in my town and they advertise everyday.

It's just different strokes for different folks/markets.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
could you explain noncompetetive we have over a hundred cleaners around me as well as one of the largest independent operators and each of the big franchises

you are a ******* idiot who doesn't get it you keep saying my town. I work in an area and all the towns are close together

out of the 76 jobs only 8 are in "MY"town

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
if your that booked, its got to be from something other than your website, doesn't even have your phone number and 3 of 4 pages won't show. Doing something right.

If you can clean that fast, do the job such that people aren't complaining and are keeping their carpet and not replacing it, and still make a profit, I guess that's good. Must have to really bust your butt to get through that many jobs in a day!! I heard of one guy saying he did 10 jobs in a day. :roll: "Did", not "cleaned". Everyone is trying to do this work faster and faster till one day they will be airwanding!!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
most of our jobs are repeats or referals. The first couple jobs with the earlier start fly by because the customer is less talkative. We have been vacuuming more than usual before prescrubbing, spotting has never been an issue and production and break down has been excellent. That truck with most jobs is scheduled with all jobs within a smaller area with a lot of small jobs in the 7 am slot. We were out at 4:30am saturday and 7 am today and had 2 huge days and were done by noon each day.

We would never sacrifice quality for time but I think there is alot of mill around time and showmanship doing what we do and I want to see the response of the customers with a great job done quickly.

Some responses have been "wow you are done so fast" "great now I can get going" or "wow (insert large local company name here) took a lot longer and did a lousy job, we had to call them back twice"......We shelved the rotovacs a little while back when it started to get humid and they took longer than prescrubbing and wanding.

here is the rundown of what we do
Vacuum(if it hasn't been done as requested) Prespray, prescrub with 175 and red pad, wand(spot if needed) extra dry strokes.Prespray has been Cobbs powermax and rinsing with SS versaclean

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Ive been running 2 man for a year and 1/2 now and I'll never go back.

Basically I talk to client and inspect the job. I steam non stop. Then I talk to client at the end of the job and collect the check and the helper does all the rest. (Setup , Vac, furniture moving, scrubbing, spotting and tear down.)

It really goes quite smoothly, makes cleaning easier(less burn out), faster, gives me more time to sell. Now, the helper knows what I need off the truck before I even before I ask.

Actually the extra time for selling and no burn out, more the pays for the helpers wages.

Wish I would of done this years ago.

Name
Chris Perry
Websites are definitely still needed, but far too much emphasis is placed on "clicks". A website is simply a piece of the puzzle and should fit into a well-rounded marketing approach. How did your potential client get to your website in the first place? Are you relying solely on Google to drive customers to your site? Did they call you solely because of your website? Did they NOT call you because of your website or lack thereof? There are 100 questions to ask about a website's effectiveness that have nothing to do with Google's ranking or clicks per day.

For a marketing system to be truly effective, none of the efforts can been viewed as individual - they all work together as a whole. Your mailers promote your social media & website, your social media promotes your website & mailers, your website promotes your social media & mailers...so forth and so on. Obviously, there's more to a strategic marketing approach than just those 3 components but all 3 are certainly critical to any business's success.

Websites are here to stay.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
RestorationMarketer said:
Websites are definitely still needed, but far too much emphasis is placed on "clicks". A website is simply a piece of the puzzle and should fit into a well-rounded marketing approach. How did your potential client get to your website in the first place? Are you relying solely on Google to drive customers to your site? Did they call you solely because of your website? Did they NOT call you because of your website or lack thereof? There are 100 questions to ask about a website's effectiveness that have nothing to do with Google's ranking or clicks per day.

For a marketing system to be truly effective, none of the efforts can been viewed as individual - they all work together as a whole. Your mailers promote your social media & website, your social media promotes your website & mailers, your website promotes your social media & mailers...so forth and so on. Obviously, there's more to a strategic marketing approach than just those 3 components but all 3 are certainly critical to any business's success.

Websites are here to stay.

I know that website, electronic and social media are here to stay.

The point of the thread was that most of my new clients choose my company based on my very strong Google Places listing alone without ever going to my website.

And if other companies did the same they would be pleasantly surprized with the results.

Here is my listing:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... lincoln+ne

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
that is your experience in podunk Dave most of the world is much different than where you are

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
that is only 1 of the 3 that we are focusing on Ken. Really looking to expand and I figure the more quality jobs we do the more referals we can get. After adding trucks this past year my concern is adding trucks while we have the same old same old without maximizing our income hence the test truck. If we can pull off 35-40 jobs a week at close to 100% satisfaction that will be our direction

The tough part is I have a physical on the 25th and may be gone from the business for a month or so, so getting a direction and a standard is a priority

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom