Websites...

Becker

Name
Becker
I've had a website for years..

But it was never really search able...

In fact up until Jan I never had any meta tags on my site. had no idea what keywords were.

So since Jan I have been reworking my website. still not complete, however I have listed my services in 32 cities.
of this 32 cities I'm on the 1st page of 2/3 of those. 2nd page of most of the others.
Had no idea what SEO was.. bought a few books, got a few tips here and there.

5 business days straight now I have booked jobs just from google searches.

Some of those 32 cities I will remove as they are just to far to want to drive.

My area is comprised of a lot of small cities.

I made some changes yesterday to some of the cities I don't show up on 1st page, or 1st ranking yesterday. waiting for google to update.

If it works, I see myself in the #1-5 spot on the 1st page of all cities I target.

Now I need to work on filling in content.

So for those of you that have websites, but no seo in a competitive market, and no knowledge of seo.. hire it..
Even Brian can help you for a small fee.

I've only invested my time and it is paying off huge..

And this is the slow slow slow season.. even more so as we are having one of the coldest wettest springs on record.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Sounds like it's working well for you Beck....it's really just the basics that make it work.

Rule of thumb...make your site good for the customer...and it will be good for Google.
Although there are some things needed to make Google see it.

Speaking of which.....Becker...use anchor text in your sig line for your websites.

I can do it for you if you want...permission...just let me know what 2 cities are most important to you right now.

Like Cermack was saying.....20% of what you need to do takes care of 80% of the SEO...or something like that (I pay attention, but maybe I should write it down?)

Cermack?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Good Job Mr. Becker with the Anchor text

Now, on your website. Anytime you have the words "carpet cleaning" or other keyword you should have them as a link to the corresponding page.
Also, you need some Alt tags on the photos so Google knows what it's looking at...you can also place keywords in them as well......like "Carpet Cleaning your area living room before and after shot"....or something like that.

Internal links are good to have and they act like a vote for your own pages. They are not as important as inbound links from other sites....but every little bit helps.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dave...I would use better keywords that that in your sig line as well.

Something someone would type into a search engine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom