Weird

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I put a bid in on a larger church and while I was there, the person in charge pointed to these large purple spots on the carpet. I looked at it and it's a multi coloured nylon with a prominent purple yarn, but with other colours in the mix. In the spots, it just looks like the purple has run into the surrounding area or the yarns were messed up because it's just as strong in hue as the stand alone yarns and looks the same. It just looks like a purple dye spill, but in exactly the same hue. I asked and apparently someone had tried something to spot clean and this was the result.

Any suggestions at all? I'm not often stymied, but this has me confused. I qualified it as probably undo-able and suggested a patch as the pattern wouldn't be a dye touch up candidate. I got the job, but I'd like to be a superhero as the people from this church give me 5 car dealerships, 2 big management companies, offices and a boatload of the congregation. It never hurts to have your cape waving in the breeze.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Won't hurt anything to spray it with stain magic when your done. If it is gone the next day you can claim it's a miracle!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i have to disagree with John on that one. depending on what caused it you can get a nasty reaction between chemicals. a customer discolored his carpet with spot shot. i flushed and spray a little 40 on it which when dry looked much worse. it did remove the stain he was after but the ring from the spot shot look worse.

gene

harryhides

Name
Tony
Willy, can you open up the pile to see if the color is just on the surface.

Do some small area testing ( use a Q-Tip ) with just water, a solvent and a high pH product and also with a low pH product to see if you get a reaction.
If you get no reaction, try 2 more tests with reducing agent as well as an Oxidizer.
If you do, you'll know what to do.
And if you get no reaction from any of the above, at least you won't do any damage.

Back
Top Bottom