WELCOME DEBORAH LEMA OF HOST

Mikey P

Administrator
At that time?

Most likely some Pre Kleen Enzyme pre spray from Chemspec boosted with Powdered Peroxide. Rinsed with fresh, soft water, applied solvent based protector and fan dried.
It would wick yellow every time I cleaned that place unless I used a VLM method only, which did not get it looking as bright as it should be.

I clean this lady's home every four months. She is in a wheel chair and her pivot areas are pretty bad. That particular carpet has been tossed. The new stuff that some crooked salesman unloaded on her was wasted after three months.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am impressed with the way Debbie has dug right in, great to have you here............Now tell me what I was doing wrong that I had to go only HWE

Rex Tyus

Clean-offs are always fun. Have you seen the Pasco County School District carpet cleaning study that they did? (They meaning the school, not a manufacturer.)

Is that the one where the Host section tested was in the center of the competing methods, and the school officials thought "WOW the center one did not get dirty as quick."?

Or am I thinking of another?

Rex

Name
Deborah Lema
Mikey P said:
At that time?
Most likely some Pre Kleen Enzyme pre spray from Chemspec boosted with Powdered Peroxide. Rinsed with fresh, soft water, applied solvent based protector and fan dried.
It would wick yellow every time I cleaned that place unless I used a VLM method only, which did not get it looking as bright as it should be.

I clean this lady's home every four months. She is in a wheel chair and her pivot areas are pretty bad. That particular carpet has been tossed. The new stuff that some crooked salesman unloaded on her was wasted after three months.

I LOVE hearing that you're cleaning her carpet so frequently. And my sensibilities are offended that someone sold her a carpet that got wasted in 3 months.
I'm a little confused about how it was cleaned in those 3 months though- it was cleaned with HOST early on and then you say it yellowed when you wet cleaned it? I wonder if there was an errant chemistry thing going on. *shrug* It's hard to say at this point. But if you're still cleaning her carpet, and so often, you must be doing a great job!

Hope you're pilelifting those wheelchair areas.

Regards,
Debbie

Name
Deborah Lema
Rex Tyus said:
Clean-offs are always fun. Have you seen the Pasco County School District carpet cleaning study that they did? (They meaning the school, not a manufacturer.)

Is that the one where the Host section tested was in the center of the competing methods, and the school officials thought "WOW the center one did not get dirty as quick."?

Or am I thinking of another?

Rex

That was one of their reactions, yes. It is probably the same study you're thinking of. To be fair though, I suppose everybody has great clean-off wins to brag about.

Regards,
Debbie

Name
Deborah Lema
Rotovac1 said:
I am impressed with the way Debbie has dug right in, great to have you here............Now tell me what I was doing wrong that I had to go only HWE

I'll call you up within the next half hour, so get a cup of coffee or whatever and we'll chat.

Regards,
Debbie

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Just spoke to Debbie Lema and like I guessed from her posts, she is a real stand up person. She called me, and I can be a tough person to deal with, and got everything straightened out, explained what had happened then took care of it. She went beyond what I think any other corporate representative would have done. Now host may move back into my arsenal of weapons fighting that nastys.

Name
Deborah Lema
Mikey P said:
Snow white Berber, black top drive way, wheel chair, anal client.

Of course. :roll:

Have you ever tried the HOST SJ? Some people love it, and some people don't since it's a little different to work with, but it was developed for white carpets around oils such as you describe. And it's white. Although I guess it doesn't matter, since what you're doing is keeping her happy.

Regards,
Debbie

harryhides

Name
Tony
Debbie, since we are going to be testing all sorts of different vacuum cleaners and cleaning systems at MikeyFest in Santa Cruz, do you think that you could find a competent local Host person in the Bay area, to represent the Host system in our testing ?

I'll bet that the vast majority of the attendees have never seen this system in action.

Name
Deborah Lema
harryhides said:
Debbie, since we are going to be testing all sorts of different vacuum cleaners and cleaning systems at MikeyFest in Santa Cruz, do you think that you could find a competent local Host person in the Bay area, to represent the Host system in our testing ?

I'll bet that the vast majority of the attendees have never seen this system in action.

When where how what? I think I could find someone, sure! I'm assuming that there is some of description about this event somewhere around here, so I'll search it out and check scheduling and the whatnot. Is this an official invitation?

Regards,
Debbie

harryhides

Name
Tony
Debbie, look in the MikeFest "room".

Yes I'm sure you would be most welcome to attend. Just drop Mike a private message by clicking on his Profile.

For more details on the actual test procedures just drop me a note if you have any questions as I will be overseeing it. Every detail will be video recorded as we simply want to know the truth about the pros and cons of each method. I sell no equipment and have no bias.

Name
Deborah Lema
harryhides said:
Debbie, look in the MikeFest "room".

Yes I'm sure you would be most welcome to attend. Just drop Mike a private message by clicking on his Profile.

For more details on the actual test procedures just drop me a note if you have any questions as I will be overseeing it. Every detail will be video recorded as we simply want to know the truth about the pros and cons of each method. I sell no equipment and have no bias.

Okay, I'll check in with you and Mike privately next week.

Regards,
Debbie

Mikey P

Administrator
While your at it please contact David at Talisman Rug and Textile cleaners.

Incredible as it may seem, he called me today to see if I know of anyone who uses Host in our area. He has a excessive bleeder that he feels only your product will work on.

http://www.talismanrestoration.com/

He and his son are looking forward to hear from you asap.

I also mentioned that you or a company rep may attend the tour of his shop @ Mikefest.

Name
Deborah Lema
Mikey P said:
While your at it please contact David at Talisman Rug and Textile cleaners.

Incredible as it may seem, he called me today to see if I know of anyone who uses Host in our area. He has a excessive bleeder that he feels only your product will work on.
http://www.talismanrestoration.com/
He and his son are looking forward to hear from you asap.
I also mentioned that you or a company rep may attend the tour of his shop @ Mikefest.

I'll set him up. How timely his call to you was!

Regards,
Debbie

Willy

My favourite Host story- The Korean consulate has a really big home for the consul. Area rugs? Yep- about 25. Got a call, new consular coming, could I have the rugs cleaned, dried, delivered and back in place by 6 on Thursday? The phone call was on Monday afternoon. The only way was a VLM method and I used Host. It seemed to work well, but it wasn't the fastest method. I did manage to get the rugs back in place 20 minutes before the new consular arrived.

Name
Deborah Lema
Jim,

I just thought I'd pass along (publicly) that I asked Quin if he remembered your father and he said yes absolutely; he's a good man and a fine educator.

Regards,
Debbie

Rambo

Debbie, isn't the Aridex equipment just Von Schrader equipment with a new logo? Tell Geoff Greeley I said Hi and I promise not to tell the story about he and I giving our money away on the streets of New York City a few years back. :oops:

Name
Deborah Lema
Rambo said:
Debbie, isn't the Aridex equipment just Von Schrader equipment with a new logo? Tell Geoff Greeley I said Hi and I promise not to tell the story about he and I giving our money away on the streets of New York City a few years back. :oops:

Ray,

Well you've piqued my curiosity about giving money away with Geoff in NY... however, I suspect that this is one of those things that I would regret asking about. I'm going to assume you two were involved in some philanthropic mission to help the homeless.

The Aridex? It is indeed a cousin to the VS equipment, but there are some differences that mainly relate to motor, size and shape. The concept is the same.

Regards,
Debbie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom