Welcome Strong Dry Carpet Equipment to MB!

Mikey P

Administrator
Marcus Wendt will be joining us here and at Mikefest to promote their Counter Rotating Brush Machine.

http://strongdrycarpet.com/

spray-system.png

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Step Grandfather was a Wendt. Man could that guy flat sing...

Welcome aboard Marcus

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have often thought using something like that to prespray and scrub it in at the same time would be the way to go.

Adam

Willy P

Name
Willy P
How much for either machine? I'm involved with a bid that may require something like that or a cimex.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Counter rotating brush machines are too light for prescrubbing.

They're only good for scrub and run cleaning ... and marginally so for that.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
crb machines are perfect for pre-scrubbing carpet. The weight per square inch on the carpet is more than a swing machine. On a 17" rotary the entire pad is on the carpet at one time distributing the weight over a large area. On a crb machine only the bottom of the brush is on the carpet creating more pressure per square inch. Also on a swing machine the outside of the brush is spinning faster than the middle. You don't get as even of a scrub with a swing machine.

As a benefit the crb is much easier to use. And weighs much less.

FredC

Village Idiot
how much should the spray system weigh to be considered heavy duty?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
That is complete and utter BS.

Not at all I am sorry to say. On a 17" rotary machine how many square inches are touching the carpet? Divide that by the weight of the machine and you have pounds per sq inch pressure on the carpet. A crb will have more weight per sq inch. Or at least that type displayed

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Again, that is BS. You really think a 10 pound machine is gonna scrub better than a 95 pound machine. You said a swing machine spins faster at the outside. So does a mower but you are moving it. I have no need for one.

Name
Eric Valentine
Read the specs again.....The SPRAY SYSTEM weighs 6 pounds empty. IT attaches to a Whittaker scrubber. The TM4 is 35 pounds, so you will have about double the pressure/sqin than a 17"rotary.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
crb machines are perfect for pre-scrubbing carpet. The weight per square inch on the carpet is more than a swing machine. On a 17" rotary the entire pad is on the carpet at one time distributing the weight over a large area. On a crb machine only the bottom of the brush is on the carpet creating more pressure per square inch. Also on a swing machine the outside of the brush is spinning faster than the middle. You don't get as even of a scrub with a swing machine.

As a benefit the crb is much easier to use. And weighs much less.

marty I like most of what you say but you-are completely wrong on this one. I don't know what brand of crb you used, but these Whittaker style crb scrubbed the crap( literally ) out of the carpet. The double as a pile lifter and a vacuum with the renovators.

what brand unit did you use?

Because if it was host, prochem or other lightweight you haven't really experienced what Richard is talking about.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The brushes on the crb pick up debris from down in the carpet and also brush in the prespray down into the pile.

rotary unit shear the soil off of the fiber.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Again, that is BS. You really think a 10 pound machine is gonna scrub better than a 95 pound machine. You said a swing machine spins faster at the outside. So does a mower but you are moving it. I have no need for one.

Our units the 20 inch weigh around 40 pounds.

hogjowl

Idiot™
marty I like most of what you say but you-are completely wrong on this one. I don't know what brand of crb you used, but these Whittaker style crb scrubbed the crap( literally ) out of the carpet. The double as a pile lifter and a vacuum with the renovators.

what brand unit did you use?

Because if it was host, prochem or other lightweight you haven't really experienced what Richard is talking about.

Whittaker GLS.

Wonderful at digging hair out of carpet. Ok for encapsulation cleaning. As a prescrubber prior to HWE, light duty and nowhere near as effective as a 175 rotary.

Name
Marcus Wendt
As Mike mentioned it is in the auction, and if need be there is a super special that involves two machines with a tandem bar, which will give you double the cleaning width. This is a very popular option, since it broadens your options and you can break it down into two separate machines unlike the Cimex

Name
Marcus Wendt
Do not pay too much attention to that marketing, that was old stuff and done by people who were ignorant and did not understand these types of discussions. The CRB is actually an 8 in 1 machine, works well for pre spray, compound, encap, tile and grout, agitation for HWE, pile lifting, tandem (double cleaning width) renovators (pick up capability) and the on board spray system which is expected to launch in the 1Q of this year (2013)

Mikey P

Administrator
dead of winter is a hard time to sell equipment that does not get used on a daily basis, but if you have a few nuts socked away right now you can score one of these machines for about half off HERE

Back
Top Bottom