Well...Mr Butler Truckmounts...

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
75 feet seems to be a sweet spot for me for enough of my jobs to make it feasible to do 50, 25, 50s the rest of the way but have a 25 hanging just in case as far as the vac goes.
As for my solution, it's been working out great so far having a 75 footer as the first length and 150 for the second. I just go live if I need a lot, but I also have the option of just pulling off the first 75 and using the 150 when needed to really get that heat.
I saw my first DD in action today. A buddy has an old hydra master and I couldn't believe how much more quiet it was and so small!!
Now I really know that my next machine will be a DD for sure. A Cleanco.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I loved my old hydramaster, it was the easiest tm to use that I ever had. There was so much extra space in the back of the van, I used it for camping. If maximum space is what you need, hydramaster is the best. The down side to a dd is when it gets old and tired, they can be difficult to sell and it is not worth separating the cleaning unit from the van. My van was falling apart and rusty but the cleaning unit was still reliable and powerful

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
That is the truth my White magic from 2002 still works great. The truck run well but the dings and dent over the years have taken a toll on the body.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
That is one of the concerns I had originally which is why I was wondering about the life span of them. That is why the slide ins were always appealing to me because you swap vehicle or machine as needed. But at this point in the game, for me, ease of use and space are more important to me.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
If you have a DD for 10 years with it producing @ 150K each year in gross sales, that's 1.5 million in gross sales it has produced.

Stick a fork in it after 10 years!

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
im guessing the wear and tear on the engine and drive shaft using a DD are equal to the wear and tear of hauling around the extra weight of a slide in?

Chris A

Name
Chris
Most of the rusty truck issues, slide in our dd were before the advent of spray in liners. My last three trucks have had very little rust develop in their usable lives. So with that in mind, you can keep a van running as long as you want to keep putting money into it. We dropped about 5k on our (now) second truck last year but after 105,000 miles and 5000 hours she's still ready to rock every day.

Name
Steve Lawrence
10 year warranty on the Butler

Available 5 year in Cleanco

Sapphire is less, I think 2-3 years.

I'm sure the Sapphire is every bit the machine but the warranty was less last time I looked.

Good warranties are peace of mind with any unit. I had a shaft go out on a 5 year old Butler. New ones cost about $1500. Mine was free and I have 5 more years on the warranty for all the big ticket items.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom