Well, that was a first.....

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The funeral industry is sleazy
I want to deny them the pleasure of over charging off my death as much as possible.
I poured my mom's ashes into the ocean off the Cement ship in Santa Cruz. We saw dolphins that day. The wind blew the ashes back in our faces. We needed much skill and timing to pull it off.

steve_64

I poured my mom's ashes into the ocean off the Cement ship in Santa Cruz. We saw dolphins that day. The wind blew the ashes back in our faces. We needed much skill and timing to pull it off.
My dad's ashes got us in the face too. Lol

Reactions: Nomad74

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
That's exactly why I chose to stay above the the waist on my side of the drape.

I see a head pop outta that thing, I'm done....

Oh come on boys...I had zero problems seeing everything...I even reached in, to feel my sons head before he made his entrance (or exit? ) and helped the nurses...and then I cut the cord.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
While Ethan was being born, the nurse looked at me and handed me a chair. 😆 I did get a little woozy. The doctor slid it right next to him and watched the whole thing and then cut to the cord.

The doc was a much bigger guy with a thick Scottish accent. Every time we went to an appointment he walked in he would ask, "Aye Amanda hows da baby" and all I could think of was Fat Bastard off of the Austin Powers movies and had to suppress my laughter. So of course while he's calling out, "Push da baby" I'm sitting next to him trying not to laugh. Amanda being in pain, obviously, sees me laughing so she even starts giggling and can't push. We got scolded by the doc 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: jcooper and Mikey P

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Oh come on boys...I had zero problems seeing everything...I even reached in, to feel my sons head before he made his entrance (or exit? ) and helped the nurses...and then I cut the cord.

jebus

I have a VCR tape somewhere of my darling Monikquua being brought into the world around here someplace but yeah, no...I didnt not reach in to pat her on the head...

Video tapes? Like to watch again?
Can't do it. Nope!

Reaching in??? Omg, they let you do that? Nope!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I offended my cousin at a family gathering. She was showing the video of the birth of her son. I blurted out “This is disgusting! What is wrong with you!” The room went stone silent.

I'm pretty flexible and accepting of others views on matters, short of cruelty and illegality.

But accepting what some would find wonderful to view, versus them deciding everyone would want to view it are two very different things.

You were in the right

Brian H

Name
Brian H
My wife, sister and I did that with my dad's ashes in Big Pine Key, Florida. We put some of his ashes in a crypt with my mom and the remainder we flew down to the Keys. We decided to make a full day of it and took "him" to all his old familiar haunts on Big Pine Key and in Key West. We had a few last drinks with him and when it was time, we went down the block from his house and let his ashes go with the outgoing tide. We poured one last beer on the ashes for him to have a "traveler" on the way.

I told my wife that I want to be cremated and my ashes spread on the island across from our house so that I can keep an eye on things.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
My wife, sister and I did that with my dad's ashes in Big Pine Key, Florida. We put some of his ashes in a crypt with my mom and the remainder we flew down to the Keys. We decided to make a full day of it and took "him" to all his old familiar haunts on Big Pine Key and in Key West. We had a few last drinks with him and when it was time, we went down the block from his house and let his ashes go with the outgoing tide. We poured one last beer on the ashes for him to have a "traveler" on the way.

I told my wife that I want to be cremated and my ashes spread on the island across from our house so that I can keep an eye on things.
Great story Brian.....thanks..
I'm sure yor Dad is enjoying his journey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom