What about a rug ad similar to this?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This is just a comp, I'll send it over to the pro when I'm done. What do you think of something along these lines.

Anything you would add? or delete?

AreaRugsFacebook3_zpsd6d423e9.jpg

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Not getting the connection between your headline question.... And "we have the answers". Answers to what??? The question you Asked was a yes or no response. (With the obvious answer in the custys mind being ...yes. I want them to last)

I found that confusing and read the text to see what the answers to the unasked questions were. And after reading, still didn't know.

Maybe just a simple. "We can help". Or "Check out/Follow these rug saving tips".

Or nothing... Let the 6 tips say it all.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
thanks.

its morphed several times from the original idea and evidently the title no longer makes sense with the body.
Thanks for pointing that out and the possible titles!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do you pit wash?
Show that if so.
Most ignerts will think you use that hand tool for the whole rug..
No we don't. We use the hand tool for the whole thing. :eekk:

We rug dust, precondition with Wool Safe prespray and use the Cimex to agitate. Extract with electric TM using a drag wand. Clean fringe by hand and hang to dry in our dry room. Heavily soiled, stubborn spots get a second cleaning. Pissy rugs go to our car wash and can be flushed there. Its not as good as pit washing but then we don't charge like pit washers either.

Reactions: Mikey P

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Richard,
I like what you are doing so far. I did a presentation at the Rug Summit this past summer. One of the ads I found that would work beautifully for investment rugs was from Patek Phillipe watches. This one has the emotional pull that works so well. The message could be used with pictures of a family playing games on a beautiful rug. The tag line "You merely look after it for the next generation."
Patek watches.jpg

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
A good idea might be to only show a couple tips and then a web page to read the whole article.

The reason is to gauge interest, if say only 2 people called but 20 went to webpage that might be a good indicator to continue with program couple more times.
People dont always want to buy right NOW. Next maybe you could use a limited time offer, then go back to tips again on next drop.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So Shane would you just place an image and then put couple of the tips as text below the image. Then a link to our webpage with more info, the other tips. The analytics would show the CTR rate and if it had value pulling them over.

Do you feel there is more value doing that, then just spilling all the beans at one time?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
So Shane would you just place an image and then put couple of the tips as text below the image. Then a link to our webpage with more info, the other tips. The analytics would show the CTR rate and if it had value pulling them over.

Do you feel there is more value doing that, then just spilling all the beans at one time?

I'm not a designer so not sure how to lay it out. Could show a couple tips then a big arrow (or whatever) pointing to webpage to see more info.

I do and its to see if we are on right track. After 3 drops you could see what topic draws the most interest.
It is very hard to continue a program if you dont see $$$ immediately but if we could see enough interest that would give me confidence to continue program but try other triggers.

My point of view is to set up 6-8 drops. This way i can map out a distribution schedule (say 2 weeks/2weeks/1 month)
Plus can map out a content strategy (say tips/tips/offer)

Nobody knows what people will respond to but if we set up a program, then we can find out.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Dan & Steve went when Interlink had Ruth & Jeff Bishop in KC several years back.

You should hear the clients complain about our rug rates now. :dejection:
We start pit washing and charge what would be needed for that process and the bottom would drop out on area rugs for us. Too small a market, we'd need to move to KC to support it. KC is full of people with the money to afford that level of care....Topeka not so much. Lawrence has some but not enough to support an operating like that.

Besides, its not us, we big restorers not big rug cleaners. :winky:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Richard I think what Shane is saying is the Gary Vaynerchuk philosophy of Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook.

My point of view is to set up 6-8 drops. This way i can map out a distribution schedule (say 2 weeks/2weeks/1 month)
Plus can map out a content strategy (say tips/tips/offer)

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Bill, not familiar with him but sounds right.

One thing you can do richard is use facebook ads for some "market research".
Mainly pics/headlines

My last mailer, I first tested several pics on facebook, 1 had a ctr 10 times of the others.
Headline testing was smaller changes.

Not sure why but that was a clue I was on right track before spending the big money on print.

Cheap way to test your ideas out but look for big changes.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think Shane took it as an EDDM and it was actually meant to be a Facebook Timeline piece. But I do like the split idea for the tips and hopefully they would click over to our website.

I'll have to rethink it a bit.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Shane, You would enjoy his book of the same name. He is a major Social Media player. He would also fit in here well on MB.
Check out his Ask Gary show https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com

Bill, not familiar with him but sounds right.

One thing you can do richard is use facebook ads for some "market research".
Mainly pics/headlines

My last mailer, I first tested several pics on facebook, 1 had a ctr 10 times of the others.
Headline testing was smaller changes.

Not sure why but that was a clue I was on right track before spending the big money on print.

Cheap way to test your ideas out but look for big changes.

Reactions: Shane Deubell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ok so let me trot this one out.

Its mostly image because of Facebook's 20% rule. Beneath the image it would have a link that would take you from Facebook to our webpage for Area Rugs. There the 6-Tips would be listed.

My question is would it be better to put all the tips on the web page or sample a couple on Facebook and the rest you'd have to click the link. ???

AreaRugsFacebook_zps6d4eba26.jpg

Reactions: Shane Deubell

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Looks Good!
Like the headline.

Personally like sample idea better but think most people interested will click on link anyway.

Might want to test different pics too, dont love the pic.
BUT ya never know....

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Agreed on the picture.

I think "we" (in the industry) like the technical (truck mount, tools, grr grr guy stuff) that speaks to us. However, most of those in your demographic (and you know most buyers are women) don't identify with these things. So a nice high end house/rug that they can relate to (that looks like my house, rug etc) will elicit a stronger emotional response. Throw in a smiling face (the EYES are key, right Bill Yeadon?) a few kids or animals and the ladies go crazy!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom