What are some do's and do not's when rebuilding a 6+ y/o website?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I am considering rebuilding my 6 y/o website. I have always been afraid to mess with it too much because I didn't want to loose what business we do get from it. Close to 70% of my business comes from referrals, so even if I feel off the web "map" it would not be the end all. 2013 is the year that I start to work my way off the truck, but I need a little more business to do so comfortably. The web and commercial sales will be the way to get this done. :rockon:

I think I have finally found a quality seo guy, but since I have been needing to update my site anyway. I thought that he should design it for seo from the ground up. Is that really even necessary?? I have a very good web site builder that is a friend of mine but has minimal knowledge of seo.

Anyway, would love to hear from those with some experience in this arena. Thanks.

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I looked and looked on Google for carpet cleaning tampa bay florida. carpet tampa bay florida, or flooring tampa bay florida and I couldn't find your site. So, I don't see what you are worried about losing?

You could always just do adword untill your site gains rank.

Last edited:

Connor

Name
Connor
I'm on the first page of google and that doesn't compare to a good placement in the Places listings, which I've not been in since Google had their "technical glitch" back in the spring. But they say it's fixed and will be reviewed and put back....eventually.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
On page SEO is necessary so a re-design could be needed depending on what you currently have. Watch out for duplicate content on your site when tackling multiple city markets. Be sure the backlink profile your SEO guy builds is compliant with the rules of today. They've changed dramatically, and still changing. Make sure they set you up with a google+ page for your business.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
timely thread, my site is about the same age but wreaks of noobishness...very amateur since i did it. i hope to get it updated in '13. just another investment.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I'd keep the site, build a new better one to go along with(work together) the old site.

Also, if your site builder doesn't know how to get sites found what good is he? A crappy site that gets found is better than a great one nobody knows about.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Do add more information then in the past, articles, blog, pictures etc.

Add new info every month or so

Back
Top Bottom