What can I do to fix this?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I would like to wrap it with some type of heat rated tape. It would give it better insulation anyway, that cover is not all that thick anyway.

IMAG0907.jpg

IMAG0906.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
stay with what you have....if you wrap it to where it can not breath it will start to build moister and rust....do a search and look at the pictures of my heat exchanger when I pulled it off after it rusted threw because of that...had to replace it and went with the shield blanket and it was mush better.......they still hold good heat but are able to breath.............

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
stay with what you have....if you wrap it to where it can not breath it will start to build moister and rust....do a search and look at the pictures of my heat exchanger when I pulled it off after it rusted threw because of that...had to replace it and went with the shield blanket and it was mush better.......they still hold good heat but are able to breath.............

Interesting Jim - thank you. I do remember some pics about this from you. I didn't think of it before wanting something like Chris posted. I have never even "unvelcro'd" it to inspect them. :oldrolleyes: I suppose I could just pony up and buy a new one. I need some new waste baskets and temp gauges also.

My floor does get wet from time to time, but would say that are gets little water applied to it unless washing out inside of the truck. Although in Florida, everything has moisture on it. Were your tubes off the ground like the AT?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Interesting Jim - thank you. I do remember some pics about this from you. I didn't think of it before wanting something like Chris posted. I have never even "unvelcro'd" it to inspect them. :oldrolleyes: I suppose I could just pony up and buy a new one. I need some new waste baskets and temp gauges also.

My floor does get wet from time to time, but would say that are gets little water applied to it unless washing out inside of the truck. Although in Florida, everything has moisture on it. Were your tubes off the ground like the AT?

no mine was hanging under the truck completely sealed....where it just could not breath....in side or out side....it will not matter...the heat will build condensation sooner or later..if can not breath..it will start to rust.........the shield you have now is lined on the inside to help hold the heat.....but yet it does not mummify it and allows it to breath and get rid of the moister..............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom